It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:55

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: AI Fails to Draft Planeswalker Cards in a Booster Draft

Postby friarsol » 26 Aug 2015, 00:06

cw1242 wrote:Normally I wouldn't complain about being passed 3 Nissas or 2 Lilianas but I can't draft these cards in good faith without feeling like I should never have seen that card to begin with since it's undoubtedly a first pick in nearly every instance. I think it has something to do with the designation of the card's rarity as other of some sort. It's not mythic in the game. Is there any inline fix I can do to these cards within the code to make them more appealing to the AI so that they draft them like a human would?

Thanks!
We get our rankings from draft.bestiaire (http://draft.bestiaire.org/ranking.php) according to them Nissa is ranked #183. So you should ask them why what you think is different from what their records show. I'm not sure why you don't think it's a Mythic in our software. It's set as a Mythic. The ranking file lives in res/draft/rankings.txt the format should be pretty apparent, if you want to try messing with it, but please back up the file first in case you mess things up.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: AI Fails to Draft Planeswalker Cards in a Booster Draft

Postby cw1242 » 26 Aug 2015, 03:28

We get our rankings from draft.bestiaire according to them Nissa is ranked #183. So you should ask them why what you think is different from what their records show. I'm not sure why you don't think it's a Mythic in our software. It's set as a Mythic. The ranking file lives in res/draft/rankings.txt the format should be pretty apparent, if you want to try messing with it, but please back up the file first in case you mess things up.[/quote]

Can't argue with that. Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll now practice draft with knowledge that the cards I'm seeing are there for a reason.
cw1242

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby tojammot » 15 Sep 2015, 08:33

AI doesn't play cards exiled with Abbot of Keral Keep when mana is available.
tojammot

Postby minosse » 15 Sep 2015, 13:51

After trying all these softwares I'm likeing Forge a lot, so I will gladly insert here as many feedbacks as possible if they are useful.
I'm focusing on Modern Metagame.

AI with Burn is not using atarka's command to prevent wurmcoil lifegain.
AI discarded a chromatic star instead of Karn with thoughtseize.
AI prioritizes groove of burnwillow as a land drop instead of "tron" (urza's mine, tower and power plant).
minosse

Postby excessum » 16 Sep 2015, 00:05

minosse wrote:After trying all these softwares I'm likeing Forge a lot, so I will gladly insert here as many feedbacks as possible if they are useful.
I'm focusing on Modern Metagame.

AI with Burn is not using atarka's command to prevent wurmcoil lifegain.
AI discarded a chromatic star instead of Karn with thoughtseize.
AI prioritizes groove of burnwillow as a land drop instead of "tron" (urza's mine, tower and power plant).
Atarka's Command is listed with "RemAIDeck:True" which means that the AI is not really good at using it and the game should be warning you about it if it is in the AI's deck. Technically this is because of the combinations of choices but if I remember correctly there is no specific AI code for anti-lifegain effects like Skullcrack.

There is no real reason why Chromatic Star should NOT be discarded here... Similarly, Grove of the Burnwillows is a valid play.

Please note that the AI has no concept of deck strategies ie. spam burns for a burn deck, assemble urzatron, play defence until (insert combo). It sees what it has in hand and plays based on that.
excessum

Postby excessum » 16 Sep 2015, 00:11

tojammot wrote:AI doesn't play cards exiled with Abbot of Keral Keep when mana is available.
It does, just not as aggressively as a human. It treats cards exiled in this manner as a card in hand and will evaluate casting it based on the usual logic. If a burn spell like Lightning Strike or Wild Slash is exiled, the AI will not cast it to the face so that it is not "wasted".
excessum

Postby Thrun » 20 Sep 2015, 12:36

Smokestack: When I choose "always no" it automatically activates "End Turn".
Thrun

Postby shinra » 21 Sep 2015, 14:07

Hi guys and thanks for this awesome work, again!

I've found a little weird thing about the AI and Land's Edge card with Latest Forge version 1.5.45-r-1(I suppose all versions are impacted...). If I drop more than one land card in the stack targeting my opponent, AI do the same thing but keep targeting itself instead of me!

Once again apologize for my english...I'm trying hard to write correctly and clearly
shinra

Postby correioalternativo » 21 Sep 2015, 18:26

My upkeep: AI casts Silence and Orim's Chant in a row.
correioalternativo

Postby correioalternativo » 21 Sep 2015, 19:11

I have Black Vise and AI controls Wild Mongrel (or other way of discard). Still, AI dies because of my Black Vise(s).
correioalternativo

Postby shteev » 22 Sep 2015, 14:15

AI has 5 mana open.

In his first main phase, he does nothing.

In his second main phase, he plays Sneak Attack.

During my turn, he uses Sneak Attack to drop Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre.

He could blatantly have just smashed me in the face with the Ulamog on his turn.
shteev

Postby Agetian » 23 Sep 2015, 10:10

[Relevant for the upcoming BFZ release] The AI misses the opportunity to attack with Silent Skimmer to make the defending player lose 2 life even if the said defending player has no flying creatures to block and kill it with (most likely it assumes that it's just a 0/2 with no benefits when attacking).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Thrun » 23 Sep 2015, 12:14

AI controlls a creature and a Moonsilver Spear , but instead of equip this creature, it used all his mana and played in each turn another Moonsilver Spear (in the end the AI lost with 4 never used Moonsilver Spears on the battlefield). Equip should have a higher priority than playing an equipment (at least when the mana cost are equal)
Thrun

Postby Sloth » 23 Sep 2015, 12:30

Agetian wrote:[Relevant for the upcoming BFZ release] The AI misses the opportunity to attack with Silent Skimmer to make the defending player lose 2 life even if the said defending player has no flying creatures to block and kill it with (most likely it assumes that it's just a 0/2 with no benefits when attacking).
The AI does attack with Silent Skimmer sometimes (because it has SVar:HasAttackEffect:TRUE), but maybe it wanted it as a blocker. Can you describe the game state?
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 24 Sep 2015, 05:43

Sloth wrote:
Agetian wrote:[Relevant for the upcoming BFZ release] The AI misses the opportunity to attack with Silent Skimmer to make the defending player lose 2 life even if the said defending player has no flying creatures to block and kill it with (most likely it assumes that it's just a 0/2 with no benefits when attacking).
The AI does attack with Silent Skimmer sometimes (because it has SVar:HasAttackEffect:TRUE), but maybe it wanted it as a blocker. Can you describe the game state?
Ah, yes, maybe that was it, I'll pay closer attention to it (I'm currently going through a number of BFZ games, so if I notice an odd state where the AI doesn't attack when it's completely safe to do so and doesn't need a blocker, I'll let you know ;)).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge