It is currently 11 May 2024, 11:42

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby shteev » 08 Aug 2015, 09:04

AI attacked with Opal Champion enchanted with Shiv's Embrace (5/5)

I blocked with the only creature capable of doing so, a Hidden Spider (3/5)

I pumped my Hidden Spider to 5/7 with an Ivy Seer.

AI allowed Opal Champion to die rather than pumping it with Shiv's Embrace.

[edit] actually I'm not sure if the AI knows it can pump Shiv's Embrace at all. Usually when it attacks with a creature with a pump ability the AI will dump all it's mana into it (e.g. Looming Shade) but I've been played 2 games today where the AI has not pumped it's Shiv's Embrace at all.

[edit2] Ok, I have seen the AI pumping Shiv's Embrace now, whilst blocking. No idea why it didn't do it when blocking my Opal Champion, then
Last edited by shteev on 11 Aug 2015, 10:03, edited 2 times in total.
shteev

Postby tojammot » 08 Aug 2015, 14:20

AI doesn't spend mana on Everflowing Chalice nor does it place charge counters via cards like Coretapper.

It also doesn't use Surge Node
tojammot

Postby Vulgard » 08 Aug 2015, 23:58

Idk if it's related to card AI, but sometimes the AI thinks even for a few minutes during each phase of their turn. Happens more often when I have several creatures.
Vulgard

Postby excessum » 09 Aug 2015, 00:04

Vulgard wrote:Idk if it's related to card AI, but sometimes the AI thinks even for a few minutes during each phase of their turn. Happens more often when I have several creatures.
It is going through all its options like what to cast, what to cast on, what to activate, etc. The number of combinations increase exponentially with the number of permanents on the battlefield and cards available in hand. With a battlefield with 10+ creatures per side and a full hand, it would probably take a noticeable amount of time (dozens of seconds?), but I have never seen it take a minute or more.
excessum

Postby tojammot » 10 Aug 2015, 09:12

The AI doesn't use removal to protect itself from lethal combat damage.
tojammot

Postby shteev » 11 Aug 2015, 05:34

AI will hold back attacking with Seasoned Marshal even though it can make extremely favorable attacks with it.

[edit] Later in the game I did see the AI alpha strike, and it did tap a defender, but I think it made that decision regardless of the tap effect, rather than because of it.
shteev

Postby Hanmac » 11 Aug 2015, 07:15

AI plays Firebreathing on a creature and then plays Freewind Equenaut.
but it should plays Freewind Equenaut first and then Firebreathing on it to activate the extra ability.

AI uses That Which Was Taken to put a counter on Darksteel Ingot, but it was already indestructible.
Hanmac

Postby tojammot » 12 Aug 2015, 02:41

AI infinite loop with Goblin Welder, Intruder Alarm and the opponent's high-costing artifact, a Myr Enforcer.

Also, sometimes the AI doesn't activate the welder's ability at all.
tojammot

Postby Hanmac » 12 Aug 2015, 04:57

AI does not block creatures with Infect even if it would be better

if he has 8-9 Poison Counter and 20 Life, he does block a 11/11 Mycosynth Fiend rather a 2/2 Creature with infect ... imo a bad choice
Hanmac

Postby tojammot » 18 Aug 2015, 07:27

AI should cast Concordant Crossroads on the pre-combat should it find itself with a ton of creatures.
tojammot

Postby shteev » 20 Aug 2015, 12:48

AI doesn't seem to know it's Bouncing Beebles are unblockable when I control an artifact.
shteev

Postby shteev » 20 Aug 2015, 12:51

tojammot wrote:AI should cast Concordant Crossroads on the pre-combat should it find itself with a ton of creatures.
On a related note, I've seen the AI pass it's Combat Phase, then play Hypergenesis and not be able to attack with Haste creatures it has put into play.

If the AI makes the decision that it's not going to attack this turn, surely there's no reason for it to pass it's First Main Phase and then cast all of it's major spells in it's Second Main Phase?
shteev

Postby Symphonic » 20 Aug 2015, 14:53

I had 2 Keening Apparition on the board, one of them a 4/4.
AI had an Izzet Staticaster and was casting an Annihilating Fire. Instead of targeting the 4/4 and destroying both with the Izzet Staticaster, it dealt the 3 damage to my 2/2, resulting in my second creature to live.

Altogether the AI doesn't take into account the damage/protection/pump-abilities that various creatures have (for example creatures with tapping-abilities).

I've had the same problem with an Anaba Ancestor, where the AI just didn't calculate into it's attacking behaviour that I could give any other minotaur +1/+1, resulting in unnecessary deaths.

Same point with a Sunscorch Regent. AI cast a Lightning Bolt on it, as a result it just grew stronger.
Symphonic

Postby shteev » 21 Aug 2015, 11:21

AI activated Mobile Fort, but then realised that I had a Blanchwood Treefolk to block with, and ended the turn.
shteev

AI Fails to Draft Planeswalker Cards in a Booster Draft

Postby cw1242 » 25 Aug 2015, 20:59

Normally I wouldn't complain about being passed 3 Nissas or 2 Lilianas but I can't draft these cards in good faith without feeling like I should never have seen that card to begin with since it's undoubtedly a first pick in nearly every instance. I think it has something to do with the designation of the card's rarity as other of some sort. It's not mythic in the game. Is there any inline fix I can do to these cards within the code to make them more appealing to the AI so that they draft them like a human would?

Thanks!
cw1242

PreviousNext

Return to Forge