It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:51

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby xbon » 11 Dec 2014, 00:04

AI used Venser's Diffusion on my Trigon of Corruption that had no counters left, allowing me to re-use it and start it off with 3 counters again.

They blocked my Returned Phalanx with two Samite Healer causing them to both die(tapped to prevent damage to self), accomplished what could've been done with a single one (if he solely wanted to protect his life) with two(RP didn't have trample)
xbon

Postby HarePaiR » 11 Dec 2014, 11:50

Been playing a lot of Alpha/Beta/Unlimited draft!

AI seems to not know to wait on X spells. It will frequently play Stream of Life for X=1 on turn 2, for example, and it will often play Fireball targeting too many creatures to no effect (often when I would have been completely blown out by a correctly cast Fireball!).

AI will block Fungusaur with 1/1s that can regenerate even when at very high life totals. I imagine this is pretty hard to fix, as this is probably a reasonable line if you can expect your Drudge Skeletons to be around forever, but in a format with Invisibility, Fear, Flight, and Incinerate, this is not usually a good move.

AI misses on board direct damage effects. It will casts 1/1s into active Prodigal Sorcerers, 2/2s into Orcish Artillery, and all small things into Pestilence. The first two would probably be easier to fix than the last...

Will block Thicket Basilisk with creatures that would survive combat with it if it weren't a Thicket Basilisk (e.g. Ironroot Treefolk).

Doesn't do banding math very well. Although I'm not sure I do, either :)

I know these are all a lot of work to fix, but I wanted to note them down somewhere!
HarePaiR

Postby Nordos » 18 Dec 2014, 13:32

AI tends to unearth creatures but does not attack since he seems to be counting them as possible blockers.
(State was: I had two 10/10 Master of Etherium, opponent had one creature and uneathed another one but did not attack. He had 4 Life at this time. The unearthed creature was flying and I couldn't have blocked it)
Nordos

Postby Bundy » 31 Dec 2014, 19:06

Computer keeps activating Waxmane Baku when there are no counters on it.
Bundy

Postby ctmorling » 01 Jan 2015, 16:24

The AI doesn't do a great job of valuing non-basic lands in drafts and then in limited deck construction. This is particularly apparent in Khans draft since there are so many non-basic lands at common.

I think the issue is that the AI sees the non-basic lands as highly-picked colorless cards. I'm not sure the best solution -- for the two-color lands, you could probably treat them as gold cards in the two colors they produce. Blossoming Sands, for example, is only worth playing in a WG deck. This is true for other non-basic lands. Could the AI be updated to draft lands that produce two colors as if they cost those two colors?

That doesn't generalize to lands that produce more colors of mana, though. For lands that produce three colors of mana, they're worth playing in any deck that needs two of the three colors. Nomad Outpost, for example, is worth playing in a RW, WB, or BR deck. Without really thinking about coding, this is like a card that costs three hybrid mana -- R/W W/B B/R.
ctmorling

Postby friarsol » 04 Jan 2015, 17:38

AI attacked with a 2/1 Elvish Archer. I blocked with a 1/1. Before damage, AI activated Fyndhorn Bow on the Archer giving it a duplicated first strike.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Lackadaisical » 07 Jan 2015, 00:17

AI attacked into an untapped Desert with a Young Pyromancer
Lackadaisical

Postby leshrac » 09 Jan 2015, 14:36

AI doesn't understand Fireball
Apart from not going for the throat with a large X (which is a general problem with any spell with X in its casting cost), when it tries to take out multiple targets, it deals as much damage overall as it would like to deal to every single target. (So for example if it tries to take out three creatures with 1 toughness, it deals 1 damage overall rounded down to three targets, which does nothing.)
leshrac

Postby leshrac » 12 Jan 2015, 22:33

AI doesn't use Cavern of Souls correctly: I just played (in a quest) against an elemental deck, AI had Cavern of Souls in Play with chosen type elemental.

1. AI played an elemental it didn't need all its lands for. It didn't use Cavern of Souls, so i could counter that spell.
2. Next turn, AI played an elemental using Cavern of Souls. But as it could produce all colored mana it needed from other lands, it apparently only tapped cavern of souls for colorless mana, as i could (and did) counter that creature again.
leshrac

Postby Nordos » 15 Jan 2015, 07:44

I attack the AI with several deathtouch creatures. He controls a 3/3 creature, all my deathtouch creatures are 1/1, but one was equipped with a Sharpened Pitchfork, giving it first strike. The AI decided to block this creature, which would mean that he wouldn't even kill a creature ...
Nordos

Postby fsecco » 18 Jan 2015, 18:56

AI still doesn't seem to know how to use Pacts. I can't even tell how many games I played that ended Turn 1 after he threw a Pact of Negation on my first spell, whatever it was.
ps: when playing Vintage, the AI always counter my Mox or Lotus if he has a FoW in hand (a very unreasonable and uncommon play...)
fsecco

Postby friarsol » 18 Jan 2015, 19:23

fsecco wrote:AI still doesn't seem to know how to use Pacts. I can't even tell how many games I played that ended Turn 1 after he threw a Pact of Negation on my first spell, whatever it was.
ps: when playing Vintage, the AI always counter my Mox or Lotus if he has a FoW in hand (a very unreasonable and uncommon play...)
They are still marked as incompatible with the AI? Don't you get a warning when you assign this deck to the Computer player.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby fsecco » 26 Jan 2015, 13:03

Don't know if this has been pointed out before, but the AI ALWAYS target himself with Vendilion Clique, which is what normal people almost never do ;)
fsecco

Postby Astaranth » 28 Jan 2015, 00:45

So I've arrived upon a state in which I cannot proceed with a game. With Ajani's Chosen in play (which creates a 2/2 cat whenever an enchantment enters play) and Enchanted Evening in play (Every permanent is an enchantment) the game enters an endless loop which I cannot end.. this isn't a bug, it's how the game is supposed to go with these 2 cards in play, but a way to end the turn during an endless loop would be nice..
Thanks!
Astaranth

Postby bjornsnoen » 30 Jan 2015, 02:38

AI will use Hero's Downfall (and presumably other removal) to kill the copied original rather than the Progenitor Mimic. Probably because it thinks the Progenitor Mimic is a 0/0 or something?
bjornsnoen

PreviousNext

Return to Forge