It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:17

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby tasteful » 24 Feb 2014, 22:30

Opponent evoked Shriekmaw when there was only one creature in play, my Tidehollow Strix , which is of course doubly immune to Shriekmaw.

Also, in an earlier game, it evoked Shriekmaw with enough mana to play it normally, with no other cards in hand and no activated abilities on the board. Now of course I could have been holding something like Rhystic Lightning so it's not a strictly worse play but I think most human players would see that it's better to play it normally.
tasteful

Postby Marek14 » 25 Feb 2014, 06:22

While his version of Forge is old, I think this bug still exists -- definitely seen it in previous version and maybe in this one as well, at least for AI.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 25 Feb 2014, 12:57

Marek14 wrote:While his version of Forge is old, I think this bug still exists -- definitely seen it in previous version and maybe in this one as well, at least for AI.
That may or may not be true. But we try to get people all using the latest version, not reporting bugs on old versions, and not reporting in the wrong thread.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 25 Feb 2014, 16:54

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:While his version of Forge is old, I think this bug still exists -- definitely seen it in previous version and maybe in this one as well, at least for AI.
That may or may not be true. But we try to get people all using the latest version, not reporting bugs on old versions, and not reporting in the wrong thread.

There are a few people that run ancient versions of Forge since they find themselves unable to update their computers Java 7.

Unfortunately, the developers can not support these old Java 5 and 6 compatible versions of Forge. :(

We are very sorry tonetisd.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby tonetisd » 26 Feb 2014, 14:50

It's alright. I think I must have done an error typing the version I have. I just run Java7 and the 1.5.12 version of Forge. I try to pay mana consciously rather than using -automatic- when there is a Wall of roots and problem solved. ;)

I'm still impressed of how well it runs afterall, there are sooo many different rules out there! GREAT JOB!!

And thanks for the link on how post usefully, I'm new to the forum and I missed it...so, thanks! and I appreciate your help.
tonetisd

Postby bduddy » 01 Mar 2014, 19:53

AI is removing a counter from Vivid Meadow, then tapping for white mana, which is obviously pointless.
During DA step, AI used Otherworldly Journey on a tapped Mulldrifter of mine, which seems pretty sub-optimal (maybe it doesn't know about the ability, but it was tapped...)
bduddy

Postby Sloth » 04 Mar 2014, 20:07

The following problems should be fixed:
gos wrote:AI never chooses to sacrifice a creature to Mogis, God of Slaughter 's ability, even when it kills him.
gos wrote:Similarly, the AI casts Vendetta in situations where it kills him.
Bundy wrote:Computer keeps activating Idle Thoughts while it has cards in hand
xbon wrote:AI uses Peregrine Mask on unbuffed Ornithopter. (defender flying[redundant] and first strike for a 0/2?)
Agetian wrote:The AI suspends Rift Bolt, but if at the time it gets cast from the exile zone there are no creatures on my battlefield it decides not to target the player to deal 3 damage. Instead, it just lets the spell fizzle.
tasteful wrote:Opponent evoked Shriekmaw when there was only one creature in play, my Tidehollow Strix , which is of course doubly immune to Shriekmaw.

Also, in an earlier game, it evoked Shriekmaw with enough mana to play it normally, with no other cards in hand and no activated abilities on the board. Now of course I could have been holding something like Rhystic Lightning so it's not a strictly worse play but I think most human players would see that it's better to play it normally.
bduddy wrote:AI is removing a counter from Vivid Meadow, then tapping for white mana, which is obviously pointless.
Thanks gos, Bundy, xbon, Agetian, tasteful and bduddy.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Bundy » 09 Mar 2014, 16:21

Computer casts Gorilla War Cry during my turn. I think it just wants to draw an extra card from Gorilla War Cry, but making my creatures harder to block when i have a few big creatures on the battlefield is not a good deal for just one card.
Bundy

Postby tonetisd » 12 Mar 2014, 19:40

Chris H. wrote:
friarsol wrote:

There are a few people that run ancient versions of Forge since they find themselves unable to update their computers Java 7.

Unfortunately, the developers can not support these old Java 5 and 6 compatible versions of Forge. :(

We are very sorry tonetisd.
Definitely, it's still an issue in 1.5.13. Both I and the AI can pay multiple mana in the same turn using Wall of Roots. Thanks!
tonetisd

Postby ggwithrow » 12 Mar 2014, 21:16

AI seems to animate its manlands (Mutavault, Mishra's Factory, etc) even if it isn't planning to attack or otherwise use the creature aspect of the card.

AI also doesn't seem to value decking at all. I've seen it draw its whole library off of Consecrated Sphinx for no value and simply lose the game. I've also seen it do something like play a Crucible of Worlds for no value instead of equipping a Sword of Body & Mind and swinging into me when I have no creatures.
ggwithrow

Postby ggwithrow » 12 Mar 2014, 21:32

AI casts Tamiyo, the Moon Sage on turn five while my board is Island, Island, Celestial Colonnade (tapped). AI passes the turn without activating Tamiyo to tap one of my lands. Next turn I cast Worn Powerstone, pass. AI once again doesn't activate Tamiyo, the Moon Sage at all and passes.

Clearly an issue.
ggwithrow

Postby ggwithrow » 13 Mar 2014, 05:36

AI casts Unsummon after I cast a 1 CMC creature (my main phase). I had enough open mana to replay many times. AI should at least wait until ET.
ggwithrow

Postby ggwithrow » 13 Mar 2014, 05:56

AI blocked large creature with non-summoning sick Prodigal Sorcerer. AI did not tap Prodigal Sorcerer to give useful point of damage before dying.
ggwithrow

Postby gos » 13 Mar 2014, 22:00

AI evokes Ingot Chewer when there are no artifacts in play. This even happens when it has enough mana to cast it.
gos

Postby krevett » 16 Mar 2014, 19:21

It would be nice to have more AI personalities, like aggressive, conservative or perhaps a slider from 1 to 10 to define AI style of play :D
Seems like a lot of work but it would be a great addition to this wonderful program!
krevett

PreviousNext

Return to Forge