It is currently 04 May 2024, 16:52

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby minosse » 24 Sep 2015, 19:33

excessum wrote:
minosse wrote:After trying all these softwares I'm likeing Forge a lot, so I will gladly insert here as many feedbacks as possible if they are useful.
I'm focusing on Modern Metagame.

AI with Burn is not using atarka's command to prevent wurmcoil lifegain.
AI discarded a chromatic star instead of Karn with thoughtseize.
AI prioritizes groove of burnwillow as a land drop instead of "tron" (urza's mine, tower and power plant).
Atarka's Command is listed with "RemAIDeck:True" which means that the AI is not really good at using it and the game should be warning you about it if it is in the AI's deck. Technically this is because of the combinations of choices but if I remember correctly there is no specific AI code for anti-lifegain effects like Skullcrack.

There is no real reason why Chromatic Star should NOT be discarded here... Similarly, Grove of the Burnwillows is a valid play.

Please note that the AI has no concept of deck strategies ie. spam burns for a burn deck, assemble urzatron, play defence until (insert combo). It sees what it has in hand and plays based on that.
But should "value" each card differently, so Karn should have a better "value" than star, and a tron piece than burnwillow.

Another example, AI bolted an elf instead of an elf lord, in a state full of elves...
minosse

Postby Thrun » 24 Sep 2015, 20:49

Resolve stack: When Sparkmage Apprentice enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player. (Targeting Sparkmage Apprentice (86))
Damage: Sparkmage Apprentice (86) deals 1 damage to Sparkmage Apprentice (86).
Add to stack: Alban Doofgoof triggered Sparkmage Apprentice (86) targeting Sparkmage Apprentice (86) Sparkmage Apprentice (86) .
Resolve stack: Sparkmage Apprentice - Creature 1 / 1
Add to stack: Alban Doofgoof cast Sparkmage Apprentice (86).

After Sparkmage Apprentice enters the battlefield, the AI target and kill his only creature, because on my side of the battelfield was a Leyline of Sanctity and three indestructible creatures. Of course it is better to target indestructible creatures than his own creatures.

I know my English is pretty bad. Please ask me per PM if anything is unclear.
Thrun

Postby correioalternativo » 25 Sep 2015, 17:39

AI taps all its lands to cast Waiting in the Weeds.
correioalternativo

Postby Thrun » 26 Sep 2015, 01:39

AI don't prefer to discard cards with madness-ability.

Example: Wrench Mind. AI discards two cards. End of turn AI played Obsessiv Search.
Last edited by Thrun on 30 Sep 2015, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Thrun

Postby Agetian » 26 Sep 2015, 10:54

I tried to resolve this issue a while ago (related to Draconic Roar not always working correctly for the AI) but couldn't:
http://bugs.cardforge.link/view.php?id=12
It looks like it might be something vaguely similar to an issue fixed by Sloth recently (r30082, possibly related to the spell losing its full targeting information under some specific circumstances when cast by the AI). I can't resolve this, so any help would be very welcome... :( The spell works fine otherwise, it always works fine when used by a human player, and it works correctly for the AI except in cases similar to the one mentioned in the bug report.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 28 Sep 2015, 02:47

Goblin Rimerunner in Grumpy AI Quest deck is activated way too often. Often it will tap itself when it's the only valid attacker, and sometimes tap itself when attacking would be more profitable.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby shteev » 29 Sep 2015, 16:40

AI has a Broodwarden, Eldrazi Spawn , and 6 lands (one of which is untapped).

It taps the remaining land and sacs the Eldrazi Spawn token to cast Brood Birthing.
shteev

Postby Agetian » 30 Sep 2015, 13:46

It seems that the logic that makes the AI decide whether to play a land such as Blood Crypt or Hallowed Fountain tapped or untapped is somewhat faulty. Namely, sometimes the AI chooses to play the land untapped (and lose 2 life) when it has no possible play. For instance, once it played a Blood Crypt that way on its first turn when the only one-drop it had in the hand was Rancor (and not only did the AI not have any creature to attach Rancor to yet, but Blood Crypt does not even provide green mana for it in the first place for it to be a potentially viable play). It did not have anything else in the hand that had a mana cost of one (nothing it could cast in response later in my turn as well), only a couple other lands and some higher mana cost creatures and sorceries (starting with CMC 2 if I recall correctly), so I'm assuming that it was "looking" at Rancor when it decided to play Blood Crypt untapped?... :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Thrun » 01 Oct 2015, 14:34

AI always taps the lands from left to right, and that's often very silly. For example AI controls 5 Mountains und 5 Swamps, and cast a spell for 4 colorless und 1 red mana, than the AI taps 5 Mountains and can't cast red spells until next turn.
Thrun

Postby noratora » 01 Oct 2015, 22:44

AI seems to often use Living Death at the worst possible times. For instance just now, when it had board position advantage but I had creatures in my graveyard. Could not have been more favorable to me.
noratora

Postby shteev » 02 Oct 2015, 18:19

(See image)

AI cast a spell costing 3W, leaving W untapped; It had an activated ability it could use which cost U and should therefore have left U untapped.
Attachments
Forge - Darth Vader.png
shteev

Postby shteev » 03 Oct 2015, 02:24

Playing against Sherlock Holmes in Quest Mode: He never uses the ability on his Sapseed Forest.
shteev

Postby shteev » 03 Oct 2015, 02:49

AI played Call To Arms on turn 2 when I had no non-land permanents in play.
shteev

Postby Agetian » 03 Oct 2015, 06:30

The AI is sometimes very, very, very scared of Deathtouch. So much scared, in fact, that playing a deck with even a few Deathtouch creatures in it sometimes feels like cheating. It looks like if an untapped Deathtouch creature is present on the battlefield on my side, the AI stops attacking me at all (not even willing to accept reasonable trades with the deathtouch creature), sometimes up to ridiculous scenarios: it has, like, 7+ weak-to-moderate creatures on its side (some of them 1/1 tokens and some of them no more than 2/2), I have a Llanowar Elves, possibly another weak (1/1 or 2/1) creature, and another 1/1 creature that has Deathtouch. The AI does not pressure me at all, even with the tokens, even though it could have easily gotten in for 5+ damage even if I decided to trade my Deathtouch creature *and* my Llanowar Elves with the best stuff he'd thrown at me... :/ Maybe it's possible to somehow make the AI still attack if it feels like it can get a reasonable trade with the Deathtouch creature? (e.g. attack with stuff that is about on par with the said Deathtouch creature if it can trade with it). Because if the AI can get rid of my Deathtouch creature, even in combat and even by trading with it, it'll feel a lot less constrained later on and will be able to make a more effective use of its creatures on offense.

P.S. In some scenarios it seems to me that the only time the AI will attack me when I have deathtouch is if it has evasion of some sort to avoid the deathtouch creature (flying, unblockable, shadow etc.) or if it has amassed so much power that it's sure it can one-shot me, deathtouch or not.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Xyx » 03 Oct 2015, 23:27

AI targets my Nest Invader with Glimmerpoint Stag.
Xyx
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge