It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:43

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby Agetian » 18 Sep 2014, 13:38

Good job on the fix, Excessum! This looks like a reasonable and valid change, I appreciate your effort to make this logic better! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby RichardHawk » 19 Sep 2014, 16:43

AI did not stop itself from dying to a Prodigal Sorcerer ping with a Master Healer on board. It does use the ability to prevent combat damage.

AI casts Flash of Insight for X=0.

AI sacrifices Crown of Vigor when it's on its only attacking creature.
RichardHawk

Postby Agetian » 22 Sep 2014, 08:24

The AI does not try to get rid of useless+harmful cards on its part of the battlefield in any way - for instance, it won't consider using its 2/4 creature to chump-block after it was enchanted with Stab Wound and thus became 0/2 that deals 2 damage to its controller every upkeep.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby excessum » 22 Sep 2014, 09:23

Agetian wrote:The AI does not try to get rid of useless+harmful cards on its part of the battlefield in any way - for instance, it won't consider using its 2/4 creature to chump-block after it was enchanted with Stab Wound and thus became 0/2 that deals 2 damage to its controller every upkeep.

- Agetian
There is currently no code to check for useless/harmful creatures and I doubt that there will ever be a way to solve this. The 0/2 that pings for 2 might still be saved to chump at a critical moment rather than at the first opportunity. Alternatively, the AI might have some way to remove the negative enchantment/equipment/etc. and "choose" not to waste the creature. When abilities like lord-effects, Eidolon of Blossoms triggers and Kird Chieftain activations are counted in, it becomes even messier. Even if the game-state rewinding code is implemented, all this requires long-term thinking which AIs are naturally terrible at (ie. decision-tree explosion).
excessum

Postby Agetian » 22 Sep 2014, 09:30

excessum wrote:
Agetian wrote:The AI does not try to get rid of useless+harmful cards on its part of the battlefield in any way - for instance, it won't consider using its 2/4 creature to chump-block after it was enchanted with Stab Wound and thus became 0/2 that deals 2 damage to its controller every upkeep.

- Agetian
There is currently no code to check for useless/harmful creatures and I doubt that there will ever be a way to solve this. The 0/2 that pings for 2 might still be saved to chump at a critical moment rather than at the first opportunity. Alternatively, the AI might have some way to remove the negative enchantment/equipment/etc. and "choose" not to waste the creature. When abilities like lord-effects, Eidolon of Blossoms triggers and Kird Chieftain activations are counted in, it becomes even messier. Even if the game-state rewinding code is implemented, all this requires long-term thinking which AIs are naturally terrible at (ie. decision-tree explosion).
Yeah, makes sense, it's indeed a pretty difficult decision for an AI to take. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby RichardHawk » 25 Sep 2014, 09:01

The AI played the Explore-mode of Journey of Discovery - and then made no land plays.

The AI doesn't have to obey the rules for Talon of Pain, it can nuke you with no charge counters.

AI sacrifices its own creatures to Grab the Reins even though it could attack with them to an empty board.

When used by the AI, Soilshaper's ability fizzles.

AI cast Otherworldly Journey on my turn after declare attackers - on my biggest creature, which was not attacking and had no relevant abilities.

AI played Kodama's Might on its tapped creature before attacking.

AI sacrificed Wild Cantor to cast Wildsize at the now non-existent Wild Cantor.

An AI with two Tidewater Minion will use them to untap each other an arbitrarily large number of times.

AI flipped Timebender with no targets.

Shields of Velis Vel fizzles due to lack of targets when cast by the AI.

AI still uses Sneak Attack effects when it has no intention of attacking.

AI sacrificed a goblin to Marsh Flitter on defense with no intention of blocking.

AI casts Invert the Skies with no board.

AI kicks Kor Sanctifiers when it controls the only targets on the board.

AI does not sacrifice Fume Spitter in response to it being destroyed.

AI casts Psychosis Crawler with an empty hand.

AI activates Flameblast Dragon for X=0.

AI plays Slum Reaper into an empty board.

AI chose pro green for Brave the Elements with me having Plains, Islands and a Seacoast Drake on board.

AI casts Devouring Light on its own blocking creature.
RichardHawk

Postby gecktrix » 01 Oct 2014, 22:46

AI seems to blow their combat tricks before attackers are announced. Is this a limitation of Forge or is there plans to improve this?

Also, AI does not use Fireball correctly.. doesn't take into count that dmg must be divided equally or it requires 1 colorless mana for extra tar gets.
gecktrix

Postby excessum » 02 Oct 2014, 01:51

gecktrix wrote:AI seems to blow their combat tricks before attackers are announced. Is this a limitation of Forge or is there plans to improve this?
The AI is only supposed to "waste" tricks pre-combat if it gets said creature(s) into combat (ie. Giant Growth a 0/4 that would otherwise stay back). There is no support for the AI to "see" this possibility and then attack with the 0/4 and cast the trick in combat.
excessum

Postby kestell » 02 Oct 2014, 12:45

Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx.

I'm not sure, but I think it should be easy to code this one.

Check which color devotion is the highest.

If max_devotion <=4 use only the first ability,
If max_devotion >4 use only second ability.

Currently it just uses the second ability in it's upkeep step and it ruins its game.
kestell

Postby friarsol » 02 Oct 2014, 14:05

kestell wrote:Currently it just uses the second ability in it's upkeep step and it ruins its game.
This card is listed as not playable by the AI. What deck are you playing against that has it?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby lujo » 04 Oct 2014, 17:34

The AI has problems with Citanul Flute - it keeps prioritizing it over playing stuff that's in it's hand, and it keeps using all its mana to pay for it's X. So if it casts it, it's game over for it.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby Marek14 » 04 Oct 2014, 20:20

AI casts Lightning Strike on my Forgotten Ancient with no +1/+1 counters. Of course, it gets one counter for the Lightning Strike, so it survives.
Marek14
Tester

Postby kestell » 05 Oct 2014, 12:48

AI casts Bring Low on a 3/3 when he could kill a 5/5 that had a +1 /+1 counter on.
kestell

Postby kestell » 05 Oct 2014, 12:50

friarsol wrote:
kestell wrote:Currently it just uses the second ability in it's upkeep step and it ruins its game.
This card is listed as not playable by the AI. What deck are you playing against that has it?
mono green devotion in constructed.
kestell

Postby gecktrix » 06 Oct 2014, 23:17

excessum wrote:
gecktrix wrote:AI seems to blow their combat tricks before attackers are announced. Is this a limitation of Forge or is there plans to improve this?
The AI is only supposed to "waste" tricks pre-combat if it gets said creature(s) into combat (ie. Giant Growth a 0/4 that would otherwise stay back). There is no support for the AI to "see" this possibility and then attack with the 0/4 and cast the trick in combat.
Just witnessed AI tap out for Rush of Battle precombat on lone non-warrior 2/3 while I was tapped out with a 2/2 as a blocker. AI had a 4 drop as well as a 2 drop in hand. I believe the AI should prioritize playing creatures over unnecessary combat tricks.

This was on android version but I believe the AI is the same for both
gecktrix

PreviousNext

Return to Forge