It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:32

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby correioalternativo » 01 Apr 2015, 06:28

AI controls Karn, Silver Golem and does not activate the {1} ability to destroy my moxen (moxes?), artifact lands etc.
correioalternativo

Postby Hanmac » 01 Apr 2015, 13:16

AI does take control of a God with a "Enchant Creature" Aura card, without having enough devotion to keep the God as Creature.
so it does loose the Aura, and the control goes back to the player again.
Hanmac

Postby SecretCaveman » 26 Apr 2015, 20:13

The AI seems to have difficulties with Bloodthrone Vampire and similar creatures. It seems to make attacking and blocking decisions based on the fact that it can pump it, but then doesn't do that. (For example, Bloodthrone Vampire will attack into a 2/2 if the AI has another creature on the board, but when I block it doesn't use its ability).
SecretCaveman

Postby Hapse » 03 May 2015, 12:57

Playing against the sliver deck. I have 6 poison counters on me and AI got 2 Virulent Sliver and 6 creatures, I only got 3 creatures so if it attacks it will win but i wont because it will lose creatures.
Hapse

Postby friarsol » 08 May 2015, 18:49

The AI seems to have gotten significantly worse at using Figure of Destiny, I'm not sure if there was some changes to the AnimateAI function recently, but it never seems to activate it for 1 anymore, and it commonly activates it for 3 when it still hasn't gone through it's first upgrade.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Xyx » 13 May 2015, 13:46

AI gets tripped up by Invoke Prejudice (will cast things it can't pay for) and Painful Quandary (always pays life, will kill itself).
Xyx
Tester

Postby tasteful » 14 May 2015, 07:30

Similarly AI will cast multiple spells with the same cost into Counterbalance in the same turn (this one seems pretty tough to resolve though)
tasteful

Postby friarsol » 02 Jun 2015, 02:13

The AI shouldn't sacrifice a creature for Exploit if the Exploting creature is not in play when the Exploit ability is resolving.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Mrs Non-Gorilla » 11 Jun 2015, 20:38

When given the opportunity, the AI repeatedly activates the ability on Waxmane Baku with X=0, using up all its mana pointlessly.
Mrs Non-Gorilla

Postby Agetian » 12 Jun 2015, 07:25

The AI uses Magnetic Flux when all of its artifact creatures are tapped and thus unable to attack.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby muppet » 13 Jun 2015, 11:24

AI never returns Deathmist Raptor to play when something unmorphs.
muppet
Tester

Postby tojammot » 14 Jun 2015, 03:10

1. AI suspends Reality Strobe but doesn't use it to ping the opponent's ANYTHING outside of very rare circumstances.

2. The AI doesn't use Ion Storm's ability to remove +1 counters when available. Also doesn't use Ooze Flux.

3. Unless my understanding of Pyromancer Ascension is wrong, the AI doesn't copy spells at all once there are enough quest counters for the ability to be available.

EDIT: 4. Let the AI cast Manamorphose, at the very least let it be treated like Cycling 0.
tojammot

Postby GangrN » 14 Jun 2015, 15:52

Hello, i am not sure this is the place but I believe there is a mistake on Demigod of revenge's implementation.
It says, "when you cast demigod of revenge, return all cards named demigod of revenge from your graveyard to the battlefield".
this is a triggered ability that stacks on the pile.
If you counter it (as in counterspell) in Forge, it returns itself to play since it is in the graveyard when the triggered ability resolves. But in fact, the card should be placed in the graveyard as part of its resolution, that is to say, after the triggered ability resolves (and not at the time it is countered). So at the time the triggered ability resolves, there are only the other cards named Demigod of Revenge in the graveyard, not the one that is being countered. So it is by malfunction that it returns itself to play after it has been countered.

another card which I am unsure is Serum Visions. general rules state that "Draw a card" and "Scry 2" are separate abilities that resolve independently. when a card has 2 abilities, they resolve at the same time, so the controller can choose the order in which he performs the actions (unless the order is stated with "then" for example).
This is not the case, so you can play scry 2 then draw a card or vice versa.
(the rule says that each ability must be resolved in the order of actions, but I think this does not apply in this case since the rule means that each ability must be read as a whole, but there are two abilities in this case). I would not be that much sure of this by my own judgement, but I remember this was explained specifically about this card in a former version of the Gatherer
GangrN

Postby GangrN » 14 Jun 2015, 15:59

AI sacrifices Changeling Hero to its own "champion a creature" ability (purposeless)
GangrN

Postby KrazyTheFox » 14 Jun 2015, 16:25

GangrN wrote:Hello, i am not sure this is the place
The correct place would be the thread for the version of Forge you've downloaded. This thread is specifically for improving the AI's ability to play cards.

GangrN wrote:it is by malfunction that it returns itself to play after it has been countered.
This is the correct behavior for this card, and a card ruling backs this up:
If Demigod of Revenge is countered *before* its triggered ability resolves, the ability will still resolve. It will return that Demigod of Revenge from your graveyard to the battlefield, as well as any others. If you're casting a spell to counter Demigod of Revenge, it's important to clarify you're casting it *after* the triggered ability resolves if you don't want that Demigod of Revenge to be put onto the battlefield.

GangrN wrote:general rules state that "Draw a card" and "Scry 2" are separate abilities that resolve independently. when a card has 2 abilities, they resolve at the same time, so the controller can choose the order in which he performs the actions (unless the order is stated with "then" for example).
This is not the case for spell abilities (instants/sorceries):
608 Resolving Spells and Abilities
608.2c The controller of the spell or ability follows its instructions in the order written.
Additionally, Serum Visions has only one ability, but that ability has two steps, which, again, must be resolved in the order in which they are printed.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge