It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:07

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby SecretCaveman » 20 Jun 2014, 21:57

The AI should always use Cinder Pyromancer in response to it's untap trigger to deal one damage to me. (as it gets untapped anyways, there's no point in missing the damage)
It would be even better if it would recognize if it can kill a x/2 creature by tapping, letting it untap and tapping again, but that might be too much to ask for.
SecretCaveman

Postby Amerigo » 20 Jun 2014, 22:12

SecretCaveman wrote:It would be even better if it would recognize if it can kill a x/2 creature by tapping, letting it untap and tapping again, but that might be too much to ask for.
I'm afraid Cinder Pyromancer can only target players.
Amerigo

Postby SecretCaveman » 21 Jun 2014, 13:19

Amerigo wrote:
SecretCaveman wrote:It would be even better if it would recognize if it can kill a x/2 creature by tapping, letting it untap and tapping again, but that might be too much to ask for.
I'm afraid Cinder Pyromancer can only target players.
Oh wow. Never noticed that. Nevermind that part of my post then, the first part would still be nice :)
SecretCaveman

Postby timmermac » 26 Jun 2014, 18:56

I'm not entirely sure that the AI uses Royal Assassin to the best effect.

Edit: AI always seems to use the search ability of Sliver Overlord to search for another copy of itself.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Joven » 27 Jun 2014, 23:23

AI sacs Marjhan to "untap" Marjhan. Unless it wants it in the graveyard this is pointless.
Joven

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 18:00

AI will cast Living Lands even if I have lots of Prodigal Sorcerer and other stuff that can easily kill those lands, and having it on will not give any profitable effect
antekm

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 18:02

AI will summon Ghazban Ogre even if it has less life than me and it will not help it even for one turn (for example it will not use it to block any creature if it has enough life to survive this turn, and next turn it will switch sides)
antekm

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 18:03

AI doesn't care about Patron Wizard being on board (and if I have enough wizards to tap and counter it spells)
antekm

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 18:05

AI will use Quirion Ranger ability always, even if it has nothing to gain from untapping a creature at this moment (for example I have no creatures to attack with), so it will keep very low count of lands on board
antekm

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 18:28

AI will remove creature stolen by Sower of Temptation instead of removing it and gaining back the creature

Same goes for Charisma
antekm

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 19:59

AI casts Puppeteer Clique in the second main phase, wasting opportunity to attack with a creature it has just brought
antekm

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 20:07

AI will cast Divine Reckoning even if I control only one creature
antekm

Postby friarsol » 01 Jul 2014, 01:55

It looks like the AI doesn't use Kinsbaile Balloonist optional ability very well. Firstly, I've seen it target itself, instead of another attacking creature. On top of that, I've seen it not actually accept the optional trigger, even though there's nothing to be lost by accepting it.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby xbon » 05 Jul 2014, 03:33

Opponent plays Mindclaw Shaman , and although I have Skullcrack in my hand, they do not use it (even though they have no method of healing, and Skullcrack would simply deal damage to me.)

Also in addition having full knowledge of my hand and field, knowing I have no cards to cause damage, they still don't do it.

update:

AI puts Mask of Memory (2 of them) onto Utopia Tree with no further equipment/abilites to boost power to ever hope of dealing combat damage; and then cast Tranquility with no enchantments in play.

update 2:
Rise of the Dark Realms with Phage the Untouchable in the graveyard (which of course makes it an auto-loss for them.)

update 3:
AI Attacks with 0 atk cards without using any booster effect; but even more stranger... with Merchant Ship when they could use it to defend next turn?
Nevermind about that one. I forgot about MS effect.

update 4:
Opponent will attack with Norn's Annex on the field with an amount of life that would cause them to lose. (and they attack normally with it regardless throwing away life in dumb situations)

update 5:
AI Copied Grapeshot onto the same minion that only had 1 hp to begin with. (wasted storm usage)
xbon

Postby ember hauler » 10 Jul 2014, 15:15

Hi there guys,

Today I've noticed odd AI behavior.
AI was playing with "Hold the Line" deck.
He had Doomed Traveler (Human) on the battlefield, which I killed, so he became a Spirit 1/1. Then AI attached Bonds of Faith aura to this very Spirit.

This aura makes perfect sense for any Human, such as Doomed Traveler, but not for Spirits. This Spirit became useless for AI.

I guess AI somehow remember that it was a Human before, and wanted to honor him with Bonds of Faith :)
ember hauler

PreviousNext

Return to Forge