It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:57

Text Size

Forge Skins & Themes

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

Postby drdev » 29 Mar 2014, 21:43

So I got Arabian Nights working for the match screen, and committed that updated file along with the new background texture.

ArabianNights2.png

I also took the liberty of downloading and committing all your other skins you've worked on recently, as they all look great and you deserve for your work to be released with Forge.

If there are concerns about the increased download size, we can always take a poll and remove some of the least used skins from the install and make them available from a central place that Forge could link to. Or even remove all but the default skin and make other skins require downloading from that central place.

I'll post screenshots shortly of your other skins on the mobile game after I test them out.

Thanks for all your hard work on these skins. They make Forge look fantastic.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 29 Mar 2014, 23:27

drdev wrote:If there are concerns about the increased download size, we can always take a poll and remove some of the least used skins from the install and make them available from a central place that Forge could link to. Or even remove all but the default skin and make other skins require downloading from that central place.
I feel like this would be the better scenario as you wouldn't need to download it for each new release, just like you don't download card pictures for each new release.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby 1224Deko » 30 Mar 2014, 10:31

drdev wrote:If there are concerns about the increased download size, we can always take a poll and remove some of the least used skins from the install and make them available from a central place that Forge could link to. Or even remove all but the default skin and make other skins require downloading from that central place.
I agree with Friarsol.

You can always just add simple option in 'content downloaders' (like card images) with package my skins. I think it shouldn't be increasing too much forge size for my skins if they are to be used only by a small percent people.

Or best solution, as you wrote, it would take a poll with vote up to 3-5 most used/best from all skins, then choose most voted X skins and the rest would be avalible like addon..

Many, many Thanks
1224Deko

Postby drdev » 30 Mar 2014, 19:28

As promised, here are screenshots for your block themed skins:

BlockThemesHome.png
BlockThemesMatch.png

Unfortunately, sprite_icons.png failed to load for your other skins (Comic, Inferno, Mythic Rare, Metalcraft, and Sleeping Forest). Could you look into fixing those in case it's the same color profile issue?

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby 1224Deko » 31 Mar 2014, 10:23

drdev wrote:Unfortunately, sprite_icons.png failed to load for your other skins (Comic, Inferno, Mythic Rare, Metalcraft, and Sleeping Forest). Could you look into fixing those in case it's the same color profile issue?
I checked your observation and, unfortunately, I did not find reason the problem yet.

Last skin pack and Metalcraft, Inferno and Slepping Forest skins was created in that same project, so I exported them again in any possible version - based on filesize they was exported exacly that same bitrating, no interlaced, small compression.
Maybe I change something in software properities while solving last problem with jpg.

Can you tell me more info what kind of problem is it? Colors isn't proper, sprite_icon form deafult skin is loaded instead, nothing is load (blank spaces), or another issue?

I searched web for similiar problems and found that it may be problem with transparency, alpha channel, some pixel is not found in sprite(but i don't think so) and few other reasons.

Since I have no information about output color pallete I will check all files in TweakPNG - this software give me much more information about png files and I hope I find solving the issue...
1224Deko

Postby drdev » 04 Apr 2014, 21:14

Odd, I just tried them again, and they're now working. I wondering if it's because I had tried on my Windows 8 laptop before, and this time I tried on my Windows 7 desktop.

At any rate, here are screenshots for Arabian Nights, Comic, Inferno, Metalcraft, Mythic Rare, and Sleeping Forest on the mobile game:

DekoSkinsHome.png
DekoSkinsMatch.png

They all look great, so thanks again for all your hard work on them. I'll let you know if I'm still encountering issues on my laptop.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby 1224Deko » 04 Apr 2014, 22:02

drdev wrote:Odd, I just tried them again, and they're now working. I wondering if it's because I had tried on my Windows 8 laptop before, and this time I tried on my Windows 7 desktop.

At any rate, here are screenshots for Arabian Nights, Comic, Inferno, Mythic Rare, and Sleeping Forest on the mobile game:

They all look great. I'll let you know if I'm still encountering issues on my laptop.

Thanks.
-Dan
Thank you very much.

I'm working under next skin pack. Textures shouldn't be to big anymore like in previous pack (already done 3 repeatable). I took the proportions for match images from your earlier screenshot (I have also already finished two match images).

Personaly i think the last skin pack(Ravnica etc.) should be improved, especially the logos and buttons so I'll try to take care of them after uploading the next skin pack. Also when I find some free time I will remove violet square logo from arabian skin (I had to add it to the logo to make it readable).

Let me know if the issue with png will still Appear, then i will try to fix this. I want make them compatible in every operating system or hardware.
1224Deko

Postby drdev » 04 Apr 2014, 22:18

@1224Deko - Please don't make adjustments per the proportions on these screenshots. They won't necessarily match up with the proportions on actual devices, and even at the given screen resolution, the proportions change slightly if you hide the hand panel or show one of your opponent's panels (hand, graveyard, etc.)

Also, please don't decrease the size any. Better they be scaled down for devices with lower resolutions than have to be scaled up significantly for devices with good resolutions, particularly tablets.
drdev
Programmer

Postby 1224Deko » 05 Apr 2014, 19:09

drdev wrote:@1224Deko - Please don't make adjustments per the proportions on these screenshots. They won't necessarily match up with the proportions on actual devices, and even at the given screen resolution, the proportions change slightly if you hide the hand panel or show one of your opponent's panels (hand, graveyard, etc.)

Also, please don't decrease the size any. Better they be scaled down for devices with lower resolutions than have to be scaled up significantly for devices with good resolutions, particularly tablets.
Don't worry I'm not going decrease any materials. They still are created at least in HD resolution. I decided to just create next pack with textures similar to Journeyman skin - not in terms of looks but of display ratio of course.

About match bg, of course first they must look great in major devices, and their aspect ratio is under easy editable.
1224Deko

Postby Lynsar » 08 May 2014, 09:41

Hello, i am new to Forge and i struggle to change to a other skin. According to the FAQ there should be a Choose Skin option in the Preferences. But its not for me.

What do i have to do first?
Lynsar

Postby drdev » 08 May 2014, 13:19

Lynsar wrote:Hello, i am new to Forge and i struggle to change to a other skin. According to the FAQ there should be a Choose Skin option in the Preferences. But its not for me.

What do i have to do first?
Click the Forge button at the top left > Layout > Theme.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Syzygy » 22 Jun 2014, 00:08

Thought I'd share my Anime avatars for those interested. Feel free to add/replace avatars to your own liking!

sprite_avatars.png
Syzygy

M15 Skins

Postby 1224Deko » 25 Jul 2014, 11:15

I'm back.
I managed to find some free time, so I prepared a little somethin '.
This time I prepared skin in recital of the M15. Theme is available in two versions Magic 2015 (M15) / Duels of the Planeswalker 2015, and Forge in 2015. M15 skin have resouces from DOTP 15 game, so I do not know how legal it is, and whether it is possible to place in Forge, so I created an alternate version - Forge in 2015. Difference seen below. The font is of course "Beleren" that I found somewhere on this forum. The rest is just a copy of the default skins.

Forge_and_Magic.jpg
Differences with M15 and Forge15 skins.

- renamed folder names "Magic2015" to "magic2015" and "Forge_2015" to "fogre_2015" to working on nonwindows systems.

magic2015.zip
M15/ DOPT 2015 skin download
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 433 times

forge_2015.zip
Forge 2015 skin download
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 511 times
Last edited by 1224Deko on 28 Jul 2014, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
1224Deko

Eldorado and Urban

Postby 1224Deko » 25 Jul 2014, 11:16

The Eldorado

Eldorado.jpg
Eldorado skin preview

This skin is one of the unfinished package that I left a few months ago due to lack of time (which even I could find to get some practice in Forge). I do not know if I ever finish the rest - but definitely prepare even some skin again as soon as I find a little moment of free time.
Icons urfortunatyly is not in a western theme, but I'm planning change this in future.

Edit:
- remove invisible shadow. Converted mana cost 1 and 2 are now visible.

eldorado.zip
Eldorado skin download v. 1.01
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 287 times

Urban

Urban.jpg
Urban skin preview

This is the last skin prepared this time. The strangest and probably one of the worst I've ever done for Forge. I tried to mix many colors to make something strong and fresh - work out what it looks like. But I could not find a satisfying main color. Background image was founded while searching for F15 skin resources and simply only restyled. Batle image is from Millstone (M14) card.

urban.zip
Urban skin download
(2.72 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

All above skins should be changed icons - I had it in mind because I think that if I run idle on them a little more it would look a little better.
Last edited by 1224Deko on 29 Jul 2014, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
1224Deko

Postby Agetian » 27 Jul 2014, 06:09

Awesome new skins, thanks! :)
By the way, you may want to rename the folders from "Forge_2015" to "forge_2015" and from "Magic2015" to "magic2015" (all lowercase) for the skins to work properly on non-Windows systems right off the bat (at least Linux is affected, I believe Mac OS X should, too).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge