It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:26

Text Size

Forge Skins & Themes

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

Postby 1224Deko » 28 Jul 2014, 19:20

Agetian wrote:Awesome new skins, thanks! :)
By the way, you may want to rename the folders from "Forge_2015" to "forge_2015" and from "Magic2015" to "magic2015" (all lowercase) for the skins to work properly on non-Windows systems right off the bat (at least Linux is affected, I believe Mac OS X should, too).

- Agetian
Thnx for reporting, its fixed now
simply stupid oversight
1224Deko

Postby Scion of Darkness » 06 Sep 2014, 09:41

Can someone point me to a good tutorial for making forge skins?

thanks
Scion of Darkness

Postby 1224Deko » 06 Sep 2014, 17:40

Scion of Darkness wrote:Can someone point me to a good tutorial for making forge skins?

thanks
Simply go to Forge/res/skins. Copy any folder(i reccomend "default") and rename it(or create new folder).
Name of folder must be in small letter ex. "test", not "Test" - because it will be troubles on non-Windows systems.
Your skin will be now visible in forge as "Test" in menu(Forge Button>Layout>Theme).

Now you should create, change or edit some files.

font1.ttf - is font file - just simply download some font file from web, rename it and put into "test" folder.
Every file extension should be that same as in default folder ex. .jpg - not .JPEG, .ttf - not .TTF etc.

bg_match.jpg is image that appear while battle - it might be any resolution, also it isn't necessary
bg_texture.jpg - is our background, texture file - it also might be any resolution
Remember to do not add ICC profile(sRGB) while exporting(saving as .jpg) because it might be not readable for other users.

bg_splash.png - is for startup, loading content
sprite_icons.png - is base for colors, icons and buttons - try load it from default skin into your graphic program and exchange everything what you want to change. On the top right is squares column for colors, text, frames. Next of it is section for button graphics, in center of file are Icons from Quest>Bazar icons, etc. If some part will be blank, then it will be displayed from "default" skin.

If you ask about how to edit or create those graphic in psd for example, there are many graphic tutorials avalible on yt and other sites. Just try, to search some of them.
1224Deko

Postby Scion of Darkness » 19 Sep 2014, 13:00

1224Deko thanks for the tips, this is not an original work, i used bits from another themes, just a new spin to it, thanks for the original themers

hope you enjoy
Attachments
chimera.zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 570 times
Scion of Darkness

Postby oliveiravilson » 19 Sep 2014, 16:00

First I appreciate the work being done with the forge and I'm always watching !!
I made up a theme hope you like it
Attachments
rakdos.rar
rakdos skin
(8.06 MiB) Downloaded 26609 times
oliveiravilson

Postby ChronoJack » 28 Sep 2014, 01:23

Here's my first attempt on a layout of sorts. It does use parts from others but I think it looks nice.
Attachments
Samurai.zip
Samurai
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 595 times
ChronoJack

Postby oliveiravilson » 09 Oct 2014, 12:46

mardu theme
Attachments
mardu.rar
(3.11 MiB) Downloaded 514 times
oliveiravilson

Postby Salasnet » 29 Apr 2015, 23:01

gsplash.png
"Grayjay" skin, based on Journeyman.

IMHO opinion, the best skin/theme that has been done for Forge is Journeyman, but there was some aspects of it that were problematic for me... I don't like an overly prominent background in my play area, I want a very legible font, etc.

Well, after tinkering with Journeyman and constantly tweaking it, its been my default skin in Forge for quite a while now, and figured I would get around to releasing in case anybody likes to make Forge look the way I like for it to look.

The general "feel" of Journeyman is still there, but in a more muted Gray tone, that is pleasing on the eyes for extended periods of time. (Gray + Journeyman = Grayjay... get it?) :lol:

A couple of features that you should know about:
1. There is a custom avatars collection distributed with the skin (see screenshot)... if you don't like them, just delete the sprite_avatars file from the skin folder and it will use the default one's in Forge.
2. The attack/defend/summoning icons have been tweaked and modified.
3. The deck editor uses letters instead of icons in its type button filters. (see screenshot)

Any thoughts about improvement are most welcome. My most heartfelt thanks for moomarc for his wonderful Journeyman skin that allowed me to build a default skin that suited my tastes, and to all of the other skin authors whose bits and pieces I cannibalized for this skin. (For those of you who have been using Forge for a while, you will notice the similarity of my skin to the old, old, dark gray theme from years past.)

BTW, why isn't this forum topic a sticky?
Attachments
gmain.jpg
gdeck.jpg
gavatar.jpg
ghome.jpg
grayjay.zip
Grayjay skin download.
(3.65 MiB) Downloaded 1183 times
Salasnet

Postby 5enza » 08 Jul 2015, 02:31

I created a skin inspired by the new set coming out this month. Simply titled, "Origins" it is a very clean and no frills skin.

splash.png

main.png

battle.png

origins.zip
(7.33 MiB) Downloaded 613 times

EDIT: Added screenshots and download link.
Last edited by 5enza on 23 Jul 2015, 15:19, edited 2 times in total.
5enza

Postby afk1985 » 22 Jul 2015, 23:10

I created an aquarium theme skin for Forge. I used Forge's default skin as a template for my modifications and wanted to share the results. I've downloaded other skins from this area of the forum for use with Forge and wanted to contribute something too.

Below is the actual zip file.
Attachments
aquarium.zip
Here's the zip file.
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 344 times
Aquarium Screenshot.jpg
This is a screenshot of the skin.
afk1985

Postby afk1985 » 23 Jul 2015, 07:06

Here is a seasonal fall themed skin.
Attachments
autumn screenshot.jpg
Here is a screenshot.
autumn.zip
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 340 times
afk1985

Postby afk1985 » 25 Jul 2015, 11:32

Here is a volcano themed skin.
Attachments
volcano screenshot.jpg
volcano.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 324 times
afk1985

Postby afk1985 » 28 Jul 2015, 22:45

Here is a new cemetery themed skin. The splash screen shows a hand holding game cards and reaching up through the ground in front of a tombstone with Forge engraved on it. The eerie scene is lit by moonlight (it's a lot easier to see when the game is actually loading).

If you prefer playing Forge on a battle screen with a smaller centralized image, then this skin is for you. Although I test my skins with Windows 8 and a screen resolution of 1024 x 768, they work on other systems with various screen resolutions too. (My last post was unclear about this point).

My appreciation and thanks go out to the designer of the Forge default theme for its use. I used this theme along with trial and error to learn how to make skins for Forge. The Sept 6, 2014 post by 1224Deko contains some good information about creating skins which I found very helpful.
Attachments
cemetery screenshot.jpg
Here is a screenshot.
cemetery.zip
(953.9 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
afk1985

Postby afk1985 » 08 Aug 2015, 23:38

This skin uses elements of the Forge default theme and is inspired by the 2005 movie, Fantastic Four.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
fantastic.zip
(964.36 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
afk1985

Postby angelbabe » 09 Aug 2015, 15:38

When cultural obsessions collide...

Introducing BlackLodge skin for Forge, following on from Grayjay and Journeyman skins.

At long last you can now enter the mysterious and seedy world of Twin Peaks every single time you open Forge.
blacklodge.zip
BlackLodge Twin Peaks skin
(4.37 MiB) Downloaded 319 times

bg_splash.png
Meanwhile...

blacklodgemain.jpg
Let's rock!

blacklodgeav.jpg
The avatars are not what they seem

blacklodgeprev.jpg
RIP Laura Palmer

"What's Twin Peaks?" I hear people asking... It's a show that first appeared on TV back when Mark Rosewater was writing for another TV show called Roseanne. Twin Peaks is very different to Roseanne. It's actually far more magical. No, you can't combo it with Pestermite. Anyone looking for a challenge? Make a 'Roseanne' skin for Forge. I double-dare ya.

Anyway, I hope you like the skin! If you want to make it better then please go for it.

If I have omitted your favourite major or minor Twin Peaks character from the avatars then sorry and please let me know!

Thanks to absolutely everybody who has worked on Forge in any capacity, I seriously seriously mean it...

---
EDIT: Added *.zip of new and altered sound files for use with BlackLodge theme. The result? Forge can now be a fully immersive Twin Peaks audiovisual experience.
blacklodge sounds.zip
Sounds for BlackLodge. 100% niche fanservice
(8.77 MiB) Downloaded 382 times
angelbabe

PreviousNext

Return to Forge