It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:47

Text Size

Sound files for forge

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Sound files for forge

Postby bevryde » 10 Aug 2014, 06:52

Soundsense (used mostly for Dwarf Fortress) has a lot of music which goes very well with Forge's fantasy setting.
bevryde

Postby VladVoivode » 11 Jan 2015, 13:06

I am finally ready to start creating sound files and avatars for Manalink and I had stated some time ago that I would like to do the same for Forge. My question is, would you also like some original royalty free ambient fantasy music that I would compose and give to Forge?

I can't code and I can't scan cards because I don't have a scanner, but, I can provide graphic and music/sound "stuff." What I would need to know are file formats needed for the sounds, length of music - I can write such that compositions loop. Also, with Manalink I want to try to create short processed samples for summoning particular creature types ,so for instance dragons would have a sound, vampires, angels, etc.

Would any of this be helpful?

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby drdev » 11 Jan 2015, 15:05

That would be awesome. I found the current music online, but I'm sure it could be better. If nothing else have more options could only be a good thing. Thanks.
drdev
Programmer

Postby cyberstyle » 07 Jul 2015, 21:11

I've just edited and compiled my sound bank ... Enjoy!
@ mediafire /?wn59h9k2923yvpv

Just overwrite the sound files content of your /res/sound folder with the files provided on mediafire

suggestion + add-ons are welcome or just pick your favorite from the bank ;)

- M
cyberstyle

Postby ZappaZ » 03 Aug 2015, 22:11

Just tried your pack cyberstyle and I like the theme, some of them are quite long maybe?

Anyhow, I can only get some of them to trigger in the game:

tap
end_of_turn
flip_coin

Any other events only give me silence. I have not tried all sound triggers but at least the lands and tokens do not work as well as untap and win_duel.

I might be missing some step but switching the original sounds in again made everything work.
ZappaZ

Postby Stealthygolem » 05 Aug 2015, 19:00

I'm a nostalgia freak. So I've been changing most of the sfx to Shandalar sfx! As well, I have changed the lobby music to extended town music files from Shandalar! I may add something from HoMM2 & HoMM3 as well. A lot of the town and field music for those games are chill enough to have in the lobby :)
Stealthygolem

Postby cyberstyle » 07 Aug 2015, 05:05

@Zappaz

So lets make them work on all OS :) , I feel like forge is more complete when the sfx are there to react on your senses. Im sorry that you didnt get the whole experience when you get an artifact on or get beat by a sorcery hehe. I know that some are long but it just a first draft and I really appreciate your input!! Forge is growing to be more fun than the origin version and because of us, we are taking it the next step. pm me for future endeavours my young padawane ...
cyberstyle

Postby VileTouch » 28 Apr 2016, 21:47

so what's the actual limit on the duration of sound files? i've noticed if sounds are too large (file size-wise or duration-wise)the sound will simply not play at all.

any leads?

edit: ok,i found the problem. forge (or java?) doesn't support 24bit wavs. downsampling it to 16bits does the trick regardless of length
"He traded sand for skins, skins for gold, gold for life. In the end, he traded life for sand." - Afari, Tales
VileTouch

Previous

Return to Forge