It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:11

Text Size

Sound files for forge

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Sound files for forge

Postby Chris H. » 18 Feb 2013, 17:37

Foreroes wrote:Wonderful!, it's very difficult to find smaller archives. Regarding the lose duel sound I understand that it's too long and heavy, perhaps it's a good idea to focus in sfx sounds first which are easier to add and later focus on that.
I've checked the sounds already added and the game looks much more vivid. In the future it would be nicer though to add more specific sounds depending on the creature type for instance and so on.

I am using Audactiy to select and cut off chunks of the sounds and it does help to make them smaller. On several occasions I have reduced the sample rate and then had to speed the sound up to get it to sound ... not sure if this actually helps or not.

Here are a few more possible sounds and some of them turned out to be somewhat larger than I wanted.

destroy.wav.zip
attribute: www.freesound.org
(122.37 KiB) Downloaded 628 times

discard.wav.zip
attribute: www.freesound.org
(40.94 KiB) Downloaded 596 times

end_of_turn.wav.zip
attribute: http://www.freesound.org
(64.51 KiB) Downloaded 617 times

life_loss.wav.zip
(133.13 KiB) Downloaded 542 times

token.wav.zip
(58.37 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 21 Feb 2013, 16:58

Foreroes wrote:it's very difficult to find smaller archives. Regarding the lose duel sound I understand that it's too long and heavy, perhaps it's a good idea to focus in sfx sounds first which are easier to add and later focus on that.

I plan to add your lose duel sound. I ran a few tests with your sound file and forge was able to handle the increased memory footprint.

Some work was done last year on the memory footprint and it looks like I can now launch forge by double clicking on the jar file. It looks like I do not need to increase the java heap space. :)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Max mtg » 22 Feb 2013, 12:24

The new game loss sound suxx.
It's too long and sad. I experience a decrease of mood listening to it every time when I close a match while testing features. It also causes suicidic thoughts to appear and that sound cannot be stopped. It chases player (that is keeps sounding) even if he quits to main menu.
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 22 Feb 2013, 13:56

I reverted to the original lose_duel.wav sound file.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Foreroes » 23 Feb 2013, 19:42

Two possible alternative sounds for mountains.
Red_land.rar
(206.04 KiB) Downloaded 360 times

Max mtg wrote:The new game loss sound suxx.
It's too long and sad. I experience a decrease of mood listening to it every time when I close a match while testing features. It also causes suicidic thoughts to appear and that sound cannot be stopped. It chases player (that is keeps sounding) even if he quits to main menu.
:lol: :lol: I supposed that when leaving the screen the music would stop, if it keeps sounding is really awful indeed. On the other hand the first sound added was barely noticed, so I think somewhere in the middle will do (if we manage to find it)
Foreroes

Postby Foreroes » 17 Mar 2013, 09:13

Hi,

What about the music I proposed a few months ago? Has anyone make a decision about adding music to Forge?
Regarding the alternative sound for mountains. Has anybody been able to hear them?
I don't intend to be pushy, just asking :wink: .
Foreroes

Postby myk » 17 Mar 2013, 09:54

sound is on my list to address right after skins. As per Sol's suggestion, I wanted to get them out of the distributable and onto the server. At the same time I was thinking of writing that configuration dialog and adding the code in for the new sound events. Were there any more than the before playing and zombie sounds?
myk

Postby Foreroes » 17 Mar 2013, 10:43

It's good to know that skins are being also improved and that more of then are being added.
Regarding sounds you comment (zombie and before playing), no I haven't found more sounds (excepting two sounds that could be an alternative to play a mountain and the music, both posted here), but if you are planning to add in the future a different sound depending on the creature type played I can help with that or with any other sound needed. Shall I look for that sounds?
Foreroes

Postby myk » 17 Mar 2013, 10:47

Let me see how hard it is to implement Zombie first. I don't want you to spend a lot of time looking for creature type sounds if it turns out adding them is infeasible.
myk

Postby Chris H. » 17 Mar 2013, 13:06

I listened to the new sounds for mountains and I had a hard time determining what I was actually hearing. To me it was not very clear but I have hearing problems and that may help to explain my experiences.

The current Mountain sound and a few others are also non-optimal and are only there so we can at least experience a few sounds.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Foreroes » 17 Mar 2013, 21:06

Well, it's not easy to figure out some times.
One of the sounds is a tremor and the other one is a crackling fire
Foreroes

Postby Chris H. » 17 Mar 2013, 21:16

Foreroes wrote:Well, it's not easy to figure out some times.
One of the sounds is a tremor and the other one is a crackling fire

I found a sound file for a volcano erupting but it also sounded more like noise than a highly recognizable sound.

With luck someone will come up with an idea that fits the bil. 8)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby myk » 17 Mar 2013, 21:38

One thing I was thinking of doing when I address sounds is to have a list of possible sounds for each event. Then a random one could play from that group instead of the same one every time.
myk

Postby Foreroes » 18 Mar 2013, 08:04

A random sound it's not a bad idea at all.
Anyway, I think that for mountains some kind of rocky sound will do. I'll try to look for sounds made by stones, perhaps I can find something decent.
Foreroes

Postby Sereosh » 07 Apr 2013, 14:47

I don't know if anyone have tried this yet, but I extracted some sounds from Duels of Planeswalker 2013 to use them with Forge.

But I think they are copyrighted so I don't know if I'm allowed to post them or not, if anyone have the answer :)
Sereosh

PreviousNext

Return to Forge