It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:22

Text Size

Sound files for forge

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Sound files for forge

Postby moomarc » 08 Apr 2013, 08:19

Sereosh wrote:I don't know if anyone have tried this yet, but I extracted some sounds from Duels of Planeswalker 2013 to use them with Forge.

But I think they are copyrighted so I don't know if I'm allowed to post them or not, if anyone have the answer :)
I think it was posted earlier in this thread actually, but the devs have decided NOT to use them with the Forge distro.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Max mtg » 24 Jun 2013, 08:45

The new end turn sound seems to me too loud (related to other sounds). Do you feel the same?
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 24 Jun 2013, 12:47

There is some volume variation among the sound files.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby PsiOptics » 05 Oct 2013, 05:13

I know one could simply play an MP3 while playing forge but I would like to see some background music for the menu and matches.

That was the one thing I loved when I used to play MUGEN
PsiOptics

Postby Stampedo » 12 Feb 2014, 22:58

Does anyone owns a custom soundpack and is willing to share? :)
Stampedo

Postby Fizanko » 26 Feb 2014, 16:10

About music, the roguelike "Tales of Maj'Eyal" that is available for free from its website and commercially (through steam) is using a soundtrack from Celestial Aeon Project.

http://www.mattipaalanen.com/celestialaeonproject.html

Their many albums, that can be listened/downloaded completely legally for free on Jamendo, are licensed through Creative Commons
http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/2740/c ... on-project

By example, their album "Mind's Eye"
http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a50033/mind-s-eye
is licensed through CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 :
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

summary on it on jamendo :
You can copy, distribute, advertise and play this album as long as you:

Give credit to the artist
Don't use this album for commercial purposes
Distribute all derivative works under the same license
So by example as Forge is not a commercial project, you could use some of their music into it as long as you give credits to the artists , and in case you use self-edited version of those music (derivative work) , you would still have to distribute them under the same CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

But Celestial Aeon Project is just an example, there are lots of soundtrack available on those kind of Forge-friendly license, either on Jamendo or on similar website.

So if some background music is needed, i'm sure it would be easy to find one , though after that it's all a matter of taste to find one fitting completely with the wanted atmosphere and not being too intrusive on the ears in front of the card own sound effects.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby mark » 09 Mar 2014, 12:29

There is also great music from Kevin MacLeod at http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/
It is licensed via CC: By Attribution 3.0., so just write his name into a textfile and you're good to go. He has jingles, loops, game-usable music, different speeds, different instruments and styles (mystic, ambient, ...), whatever you think is nice.
The only problem is: there is SO MUCH of everything :-)
mark

Postby drdev » 28 Jun 2014, 19:58

I just got all the sound effects working in the Android app. With that in mind, has anyone got suggestions for getting some sound effects for the non-match screens, as well as a background playlist for the app as a whole, as well as a separate playlist for the match screen?
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 28 Jun 2014, 22:46

mark wrote:There is also great music from Kevin MacLeod at http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/
It is licensed via CC: By Attribution 3.0., so just write his name into a textfile and you're good to go. He has jingles, loops, game-usable music, different speeds, different instruments and styles (mystic, ambient, ...), whatever you think is nice.
The only problem is: there is SO MUCH of everything :-)
So I just spent a couple hours going through that site, and I found a lot of great tracks that I think could work well for both the menus as well as the match screen.

I've gone ahead and added a new music folder to the source with two subfolders: match and menus. There's 15 mp3 files under match and 12 under menu, for a total of 160MB.

Obviously we probably shouldn't release that much music with the game, particularly for the sake of disk space on the mobile game, but I wanted to give people the chance to listen to these tracks and let me know which should be available to the game. Certainly feel free to throw others into the ring if you find something good.

Here's to getting background music into Forge.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby Fizanko » 28 Jun 2014, 22:57

Challenge are usually themed and in some way are having (or could have through the text description) some kind of story for most.

So i think having the possibility to give a challenge its own music (in opposite to the duels in which i don't really want to hear the simpson music when duelling an AI named "bart simpson") would contribute to build the atmosphere.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby drdev » 28 Jun 2014, 23:42

Fizanko wrote:Challenge are usually themed and in some way are having (or could have through the text description) some kind of story for most.

So i think having the possibility to give a challenge its own music (in opposite to the duels in which i don't really want to hear the simpson music when duelling an AI named "bart simpson") would contribute to build the atmosphere.
To be clear, I'm not adding music for each theme, at least I wasn't planning to. So there won't be Simpsons music by default (although I guess we could let themes override the music). There's certainly nothing to stop us from having challenges specify their own music rather than choosing one of the regular match tracks.
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 29 Jun 2014, 16:04

I've just finished adding support for background music to both the desktop and mobile versions of the games. There are 4 tracks for the menu screens and 4 tracks for the match screen, which shuffle randomly as they finish or when starting new games.

If anyone's interested in finding or creating even better tracks than those I've selected, please feel free. Regardless, I may add support for end users specifying additional mp3 files to shuffle instead of or in addition to the defaults.
drdev
Programmer

Additional Music Files For Forge

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Jul 2014, 17:44

Here is the music that is played from within the plane of Shandalar from the old MicroProse game. With Shandalar now one of the worlds/planes included in Quest mode, I couldn’t help but want to have these files added as soon as I heard that Forge would now support playing music within the app itself. Like many of you, i absolutely love this music and have continued to listen to it while playing the old great game that has been around since 1997! If you are familiar with these files, it will be like welcoming back an old friend. For those who have never heard them, I think you’ll find that they are a perfect fit in the Magic multiverse!

If you want this to play in the menu screens, place these files in the Contents/Resources/res/music/ menus folder. If you’d rather have them play during games, place them in the Contents/Resources/res/music/match folder.

These 19 files come from the original Shandalar game & were short instrumental pieces that were looped continuously. The files were from 29 seconds to 39 seconds in length with most being around 30 seconds. I looped each track and recorded them to play at about 3 minutes each, give or take.

The files are all called LOCMUS, (which stand for Local Music) and the number for each of the individual 19 tracks.

I’ve never stopped playing the old MicroProse game and I’m really excited about now being able to listen to them within the great app which is Forge. I hope you enjoy these great instrumental pieces as much as I do.

-------------------------------------
Edit

I found the original set of files I recorded a bit loud after having played with Forge for a few days so I reprocessed the files at a lower volume. I also re-edited one of the files that I wanted to end cleaner so if you've downloaded them before, replace them with these. I've deleted the original files & post these in their stead.
Attachments
Shandalar Music For Forge.zip
Shandalar Music For Forge
(125.06 MiB) Downloaded 466 times
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby timmermac » 17 Jul 2014, 22:06

Do the items that go into the two music folders have to be mp3s, or can they be wavs?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby drdev » 17 Jul 2014, 23:33

timmermac wrote:Do the items that go into the two music folders have to be mp3s, or can they be wavs?
I didn't restrict the file type, so I would assume a .wav should work.
drdev
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge