It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:56

Text Size

New League Site with MWS Support

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

New League Site with MWS Support

Postby |ANgEL| » 17 Feb 2009, 10:58

Greetings.

Card Arena started last year as an online TCG league for the program LackeyCCG.

We have recently undergone a total overhaul and have expanded our program support with MWS.

Here are the current features at launch:

= Working ladders and tournaments that are a cinch to navigate and use. Expect several ladders for Magic, WoW, and VS at launch. More TCGs can be added with community request.

= Support for LackeyCCG and now Magic Workstation. MWS has been added to help grow a larger community. Support for more programs can be added with community request.

= Ability to form and recruit players in to teams that can be utilized in all ladders. Compete with other teams to find out who stands at the top.

= Fully featured vBulletin forums.

= Built-in mini-chat for increased ease in finding matches.

= Professional and appealing site design.

= TRIPLE TRIAD. This is a brand new bonus feature based off the Final Fantasy 8 card game. Card Arena uses a unique set of cards that includes characters from the entire Final Fantasy series. Members will be able to earn credits to purchase cards and play matches against each other over the forums.

= More to come.
If this sounds interesting to you, then I hope you will join us. :)

http://www.cardarena.net

The new Card Arena opened this week. Our Magic player base is having the best growth, while WoW could use some help and VS is still empty. We are trying to expose ourselves to the MWS community and hopefully increase our potential community size (especially for WoW, but Magic players are also welcome).

I am looking for a few good people to be a part of the staff of Card Arena. You can find more info on that in the appropriate thread on the site. I am also looking for someone that could possibly run an IRC chat for Card Arena. You can contact me about on our Card Arena site.

Thank you. I hope to see some more MWS players in our ladders. :)
|ANgEL|

Re: New League Site with MWS Support

Postby Huggybaby » 17 Feb 2009, 14:37

Hey |ANgEL|, welcome to the forum, your site looks great.

I don't get to play much but I hope you find some people here who will participate and help you to grow. Please check in here once in a while to keep us informed.

Thanks and good luck,

Huggybaby
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: New League Site with MWS Support

Postby |ANgEL| » 17 Feb 2009, 15:17

Thanks.

Card Arena got its start last year and the previous version of the site ended with 130 members using lackey. I ended up deciding I could do better though. The new version opened just this week and we're still getting our old members back on the new system.

Our new site is much nicer and we have some cool plans for it. Including the inclusion of MWS in our ladders.

Hopefully Card Arena can be as useful to MWS players as it has been for Lackey players. I happen to enjoy using both programs. :D
|ANgEL|

Return to Magic Workstation