It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 01:26

Text Size

HQ Card generator 8.x

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ Card generator 8.x

Postby digitalPanda » 06 Dec 2010, 19:16

Hi there,
I'm trying to update the card.csv with the latest MasterBase from GoblinHero but I recieve and error when I start the process.
Code: Select all
Card Generator v8.2.10 - MWS to cards.csv

Drag and drop an MWS masterbase CSV file here and press enter...
"C:\Users\*****\Desktop\HQCARD_GENERATOR\misc\import\Master.csv"

Creating temporary file: data/cards.csv.temp
Copying extra Vanguard avatars...

ERROR: Unable to open file: misc/import/orginalVanguardAvatars.csv
I've searched into the folders but I can't find it...

dP"
digitalPanda

Postby Burnf » 08 Jan 2011, 18:32

is the goblinHero masterbase have corrected card text? The current masterbase we have is flawed (missing stuff or typos).
Burnf

Postby Snacko » 09 Jan 2011, 18:20

@digitalPanda
seems you're missing orginalVanguardAvatars.csv
you can grab it plus some other import cards download/file.php?id=2671

@Burnf
not always but if you find any errors please report to GH, this means MWS / MagicAlbum / Nate's Deckbuilder / Proxy gen will have the same correct text.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby tojammot » 16 Jan 2011, 11:26

I'm having some problems generating Scars of Mirrodin rare lands. I tried first with Darkslick Shores, but while the generator is scanning, i get this error:
ERROR: Land color missing for card: Darkslick Shores

I tried with another land of the same cycle and I got the same error (the card was Copperline Gorge), while generating other random cards from the same set doesn't give me any error.
I tried confronting the data lines in cards.csv with others of other "colored" lands like Cabal pit, or Creeping Tar Pit, but I could not find any relevant differences in the database, especially in the color field.
Generator works perfectly with all other sets and cards I tried so far, so I think that probably there's some error in the data.
tojammot

Postby Snacko » 16 Jan 2011, 14:07

All of the new lands need to have their mana colors (the outline on card) defined in helper file titleToLandColors.csv . This isn't done automatically when you import new sets and has to be done manually to guide the card generator to use the correct outline.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby tojammot » 16 Jan 2011, 15:45

Ok, added them manually. I noticed by the way that the program gives the same error with lands that have a comma in their name, like Oboro or Shizo. I generated my proxies with the misc bat createCard, I just thought you'd be interested to know that.
Anyway, I was wondering how can i use this row in the config.txt:
[output - card images]
output.card.width =
I tried putting some random numbers in there, but I didn't notice any difference in the output.

EDIT: oh I discovered it works only with generateCards and not generatePages :P so there is no way to make generatePages create proxies of the same size of actual cards?
tojammot

Postby Snacko » 16 Jan 2011, 22:16

To use cards with commas you need to put them in quotation marks ex. "Oboro, Palace in the Clouds"
generatePages creates cards to be printed at around 315dpi, you need to change output.card.border depending how much black border you want; if you want only the minimal border you need to calculate it from dpi as I don't remember exact number
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby tojammot » 18 Jan 2011, 11:06

For reference to others, I put
output.card.border = 35
and printed it as a 20x25 photo, and the size of the proxy is almost the same as the playing cards.
@Snacko: k fixed that modifying the titleToLandColors.csv putting Shizo and similar name in between quotation marks.
tojammot

Postby nayo » 22 Jan 2011, 05:05

hi, is it available somewhere the new expansion symbols ? couldnt find in mediafire images rarity folder...
talking about eldrazi and scars :P
nayo

Postby BaconCatBug » 22 Jan 2011, 05:27

nayo wrote:hi, is it available somewhere the new expansion symbols ? couldnt find in mediafire images rarity folder...
talking about eldrazi and scars :P
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/mtgsalvati ... ymbols.zip

You'll need to use GIMP to open the pdf and finegal them yourselves. :P

I am bored though, So I'll get to making them standalone pics.

Edit: Here ya go. Simply but them in the appropriate "~/images/<style>/rarity/" folder
Attachments
ROE+SOM Rarities.zip
(85.04 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby nayo » 22 Jan 2011, 06:06

wow thanks ^^ you did a great deed for me and for whoever is looking for an update :P
btw the possibility to create an oracle updated version of old cards, and generally cards with flavor in the language of your choice is so wonderful ^^
nayo

Postby digitalPanda » 23 Jan 2011, 18:41

Thank you so much Snacko! :)
Everything worked fine this time, also I'm trying ot figure how to fix some missed flavour/card text in my language (IT),could anyone be so nice to just hint me how to start?

Bye!
digitalPanda

Postby digitalPanda » 24 Jan 2011, 17:19

Mmmm, I assumed everything was ok, but when I tryed to generate some of the SOM cards I still get "missing card".
I looked inside the cards.cvs and I've found them (ex. Memnite is there but I can't generate it), could be something with the localization I use?
Thank you again in advance.

Bye!
digitalPanda

Postby aurelain » 01 Feb 2011, 23:01

It seems the game "Duel of the Planeswalkers" uses high resolution textures to build its cards (712x1024). I took these files and applied them to the template that HQCG uses for the regular cards (8th edition onward), and I'm quite happy with the results.

You can check it out for yourselves:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3rrj5f06oh05gy
(45 MB, consisting of the 110 png files that reside in images/eighth/regular)

I believe this new look is the most faithful to the originals (the scans seem to offset the colors, as can be seen in the attachment).
Attachments
new_texture_comparison.jpg
aurelain

Postby Incantus » 02 Feb 2011, 01:46

What fonts (and corresponding sizes) do you use for the different text boxes? Especially the power/toughness? I've been playing with the idea of dynamically generating cards for my rule-engine (Incantus) and I've been playing with the layout algorithm, but I haven't been able to find fonts that work well for the power/toughness (here's an example: http://incantus.net/creator/ - note you can modify the attributes and the card is updated dynamically)
Incantus
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to HQ Card Generator