It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:23

Text Size

Alternate art

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Alternate art

Postby Bloodnut » 02 Jan 2014, 11:46

I have an alternate art version of Karametra's Acolyte - it came in the holiday gift box (http://www.examiner.com/article/alterna ... e-revealed)
I was wondering how would Magic Album handle that? does it go to a special set of it's own?
Bloodnut

Re: Alternate art

Postby Goblin Hero » 02 Jan 2014, 12:45

Please, create a ticket, so I do not forget about it.
It's hard to handle things like this. Most likely it's the first and the last Holiday Gift Box promo. I had the same problem with the "Kamahl, Pit Fighter" 10ED starter promo. May it be it is time to create a special set for these two promos now. any ideas how to name it?
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bloodnut » 02 Jan 2014, 14:24

I see that in case of Kamahl, Pit Fighter you made a ST version. I think this is the proper way to mark alternative art because it's just a different version of the same card from the same set.
the alternative art Karametra's Acolyte has no marking on it to be anything special (no watermark or special set) - it's just a different picture with Theros set icon. better make it an ALT version.
Bloodnut

Postby tenminutegod » 02 Jan 2014, 23:07

There was a Ravnica holiday gift box last year with a foil alt-art Dreg Mangler. It's in MA with the set Return to Ravnica and the version Holiday Gift Box. Same thing would probably work for the Acolyte.
tenminutegod

Return to Magic Album