It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:49

Text Size

Gift for the Contributor

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Gift for the Contributor

Postby Goblin Hero » 28 Jan 2014, 07:32

Besides me, there are other people who helps me to make the Magic Album better (you can find their nicknames in the version history).
First, I want to say "thank you" to all of them one more time.
Second, I want you to look more closely at Prokhor. He has done a huge work of adding all the missed French and Italian cards (and he is working on the Portugal ones).
I think his hard work deserves a gift. I will develop any reasonable feature in the Magic Album he wants.
So, Prokhor, what do you want to be implemented?
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gift for the Contributor

Postby Prokhor » 28 Jan 2014, 09:44

Hi Goblin Hero,
thank you very much! Most thanks have to go to you for the your ongoing development of the most complete Magic software. And of course to skibulk for his ongoing quest to find work for me to do :D (Btw, what to do after the POR cards? Only Spanish left for me to do ...)
So, my gift... I have two wishes, one small, one big. If you don't want to do the big, I would absolutly understand it, because its really BIG and perhaps against some fundamental principles of Magic Album.
The small one: Could you add a sortable coulumn in the show unique view which simply says: Available in Foil/Available in Modern Frame Y/N and/or just showing the number of whole available versions (e.g. there are 36 different versions of "Festering Goblin" at the moment). The second one produces some useless, but also interesting knowledge. The first ones are helpful when you want to build a deck with only foil or only modern frame cards, so you can see with one look if Card X ist available in foil/modern frames. Ok, technically these are 3 wishes... but I am really weak making decision.
My second wish is big and simple: A complete database, all cards ever printed. But unforunately unachivable in the short run I think.
But, what about adding the missing core, expansion and special sets language versions, without language specific text (yet)? Or just with text saying "Text currently unavailable, please help."? It would give people who own for example TCH Visions or SPA Portal cards the chance to organize them. And information, like the name of a card in foreign languages, are easier to get then whole card texts.
The information which sets are printed in which language are easy to get if you look as different sources. There are problem cases like 5ED Simpl. Chinese which has only 350 (Enlish: 449) cards, buts this is solvable.
But I will totally understand it when you say it's too much work or it's against the principle of Magic Album to add uncomplete information. And of course I will not stop sending you complete sets :wink:
Prokhor

Postby Goblin Hero » 28 Jan 2014, 10:30

Prokhor wrote:Btw, what to do after the POR cards?
Learn Chinese/Japan/Korean languages :)
Prokhor wrote:The small one: Could you add a sortable coulumn in the show unique view
Yes, I can.
Prokhor wrote:But, what about adding the missing core, expansion and special sets language versions, without language specific text (yet)?
I will do it if you help me with the research (duplicating database entries is not what hard). I will need a list what is missed. Would be nice if we have names of the cards in foreign languages (lots of cards were reprinted, I can extract existing names from the current database). So this is the thing to do after POR.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Prokhor » 28 Jan 2014, 11:11

I'll PM you a Spreadsheet I did some time ago which shows which set were printed in which languages. Don't want to make it public though because its a chaotic mess :oops:
Prokhor

Postby Goblin Hero » 29 Jan 2014, 08:13

I've programmed your first wish. Attached is a screenshot of how it looks like. Is it what you want? How should I sort it? By variants number?
P.S. I've added extra column only for Database pane. Do you need summary for your inventories?
Attachments
1stvar.JPG
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Prokhor » 29 Jan 2014, 08:27

Looks great, thank you. =D>
Sortable by No. of Variants is best I think. And just for the database is fine, actually can't think of any useful purposes of it in the inventory pane.(Ok, I admit it's also not very useful in the database pane, but I just love unuseful but interresting information :wink: )
Prokhor

Return to Magic Album