It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 13:31

Text Size

Trade-In Value

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Trade-In Value

Postby woogerboy21 » 30 Jan 2010, 05:06

I often find myself with a number of semi-valueable cards left over from collecting sets that I am willing to trade to online dealers for cards of interest. So here is another .hta file that I put together to gather trade-in values from a listing of cards exported from the magic album application. Since it reads from a simple tab formated file it should work with just about any generated list of cards as long as the columns align properly. It should work with the default file formating when you save your inventory as a .csv from the magic album application.

If you wish to use it with any other list make sure you have each line formated as follows:
<cardname><tab><anyvalue><tab><setabbr><tab><anyvalue><tab><anyvalue><tab><qtynonfoil><tab><qtyfoil><tab><notes>

Example:
Abandon Hope<tab>Abandon Hope<tab>TE<tab>ENG<tab> <tab>5<tab>0<tab> <tab>

Screenshots:

Program:
v0.1 - Added As Attachment

This program is highly dependant on your internet connection. Pricing times may take a LONG while if you have a slow connection. Also though the code is there for pricing foils, foil pricing is NOT yet implemented.

NOTE
If you recieve the following error (or similar)

Please choose "no".
If you do not wish to see this message please follow these steps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500

Updates:
v0.1 - Initial Release. Basic functionality with a few web sites to collect trade-in information from.
NOTE If the online retailer is not interested in the card it will have no value in the "notes" field in the output file.

v0.2 - Added Worldwake set components to application. Paper trade-in values should work for the abugames.com site but still havent integrated the abugames online site set numbers.
Attachments
mtg.tradein.gatherer.hta.v02.zip
M:tG Trade-In Gatherer v0.2
(7.1 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
mtg.tradein.gatherer.hta.v01.zip
M:tG Trade-In Gatherer v0.1
(7.05 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Re: Trade-In Value

Postby woogerboy21 » 18 Feb 2010, 12:24

v0.2 is up. Added worldwake for the abugames.com website. Paper only at the moment. Havent worked in the set numbers for online cards yet.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Return to Magic Album