It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:39

Text Size

How to change card set picture?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

How to change card set picture?

Postby antimystic14 » 22 Oct 2014, 01:05

Hi! May I ask how do I change the Card Picture to another set?
I have my basic land pictures set to these old sets

Swamp - Invasion
Plains - Time Spiral
Mountain - Revised Edition
Island - Starter 2000
Forest - Revised Edition

and I wish to change their pictures to other sets, preferably Theros lands, or even better, Zendikar full-art Lands.

How can I do that bros? Thanks!
antimystic14

Re: How to change card set picture?

Postby Huggybaby » 22 Oct 2014, 16:03

Which software are you using?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby antimystic14 » 23 Oct 2014, 03:07

Im Using Forge, 1.5.29 r28053 specifically. Thanks
antimystic14

Postby Huggybaby » 23 Oct 2014, 16:25

That's what I thought, moving...
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby leeterryjr » 10 Feb 2019, 00:01

Have you tried editing the .dck file manually to change the set those cards images come from? I Like full art lands personally and whenever I make a new deck I start off by having forge import a deck. I use this to import full art lands by typing what lands I want (20 Mountain for example) and I change the settings so that it will only use cards made before November 2015. That forces it to use Battle For Zendicar and that set had full art lands. This will overwrite anything you already have tho and so it's not perfect and sometimes if I modify a deck I am stuck editing the .dck file as I suggested you try. Sorry if this was a necro but have not found anywhere that will give a solution for this (just did a search).

Okay now lets walk you through how to do this by editing the save
1st you will need to make the deck and that includes lands (dont worry about what set the card is from yet since you will be changing that later)

Now you need access to that saved deck and it could be in a ton of places depending on your Operating System and the version of forge you are using but if you use windows with the newer versions of forge they should go here
Code: Select all
Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Forge\decks\constructed   
(you can just open the start menu, select run, type %appdata% into the box, then hit enter to go most of the way there).
Once you have found the folder (make backups before editing if you want just to be safe) you need to open your saved deck with a text editor (I use Notepad ++ but plain windows notepad will work just fine). Now, before we continue you might want to make sure you know the codes for the set you want but luckily it seems to be just the abbreviated titles of the set so that in the file the full art lands that I use from Battle For Zendicar look like
20 Mountain|BFZ|1
20 = the amount I put in BFZ = Battle for Zendicar and I have no idea what the number stands for but the set is all we care about anyway though. So just change the set to whatever you want, save the changes, and you are done (you might need to restart forge to get it to notice changes). If you can not figure out the code for the set you are after you can open [url]tappedout.net/magic-cards/[/url] on that page it has a list that shows the set then next to that (on the right) it shows what you are looking for. Just find the set you are after on that list and you will find the code (or it has always worked for me so far). Just remember to save the decks after you are done editing them
leeterryjr

Return to Forge