It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:19

Text Size

Aluren COMBO lol

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Aluren COMBO lol

Postby gohongohon » 07 Apr 2009, 23:05

This deck i will not do in different modes because i think it might be to hard for a computer to play as there is so much going on and i will try the best i can do to explain it.
The COMBO : ok well you need Aluren out then with cavern harpy you just keep putting it back in your hand so with say Essence Warden and you get max life lol and with Maggot Carrier everyone loses life so aslong as you have Essence warden out you will win. Also with the ManOwar and Dream you can bounce them back to say if you have Eternal Witness out you use the bouncers to put it back and play it for free lol there is alot going on and im still not sure if i can play it perfectly.
The Combo:
4 Aluren
4 Cavern Harpy
1 Man-O'-War
1 Dream Stalker
2 Essence Warden
2 Maggot Carrier
2 Eternal Witness
1 Imperial Recruiter

The Search:
4 Brainstorm
4 Noble Hierarch
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor
2 Worldly Tutors
4 Thoughtseize
1 Regrowth
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire

The Land:
4 Bayou
1 Library of Alexandria
4 Tropical Island
4 Breeding Pool
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Savage Lands

Would love to see you guys test this with me also im not sure if the computer can handle a deck with so many choices and things but hey should be fun

Well i have done some testing and this thing just crushes i would change to get a few more tutors (one cruel and 1 Necropotance) and take out one Essence Warden and one Maggot Carrier
gohongohon

Re: Aluren COMBO lol

Postby DennisBergkamp » 08 Apr 2009, 03:05

AI can't play any of the bounce creatures correctly I don't think (Cavern Harpy, Dream Stalker, ...). Also, I would add more Imperial Recruiter, and remove some Cavern Harpy.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 08 Apr 2009, 15:19

Also Aluren is still broken afaik.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby apthaven » 17 Jul 2009, 13:39

60 Total Cards

25 Creatures
-------------
4x Cavern Harpy
2x Chittering Rats
4x Essence Warden
2x Lorescale Coatl
3x Man-o'-War
4x Merchant of Secrets
2x Pestermite
4x Relentless Rats

11 Spells
----------
2x Aluren
1x Brainbite
1x Demonic Tutor
2x Diabolic Tutor
4x Douse in Gloom
1x Exclude

24 Land
--------
4x Bayou
4x Breeding Pool
4x Overgrown Tomb
4x Tropical Island
4x Underground Sea
4x Watery Grave

Here's my take on the Aluren-Cavern Harpy combo.

This one is the same deck as the one above except that it uses a different creature set.

Using Cavern Harpy + Aluren + the following creatures you can:

Pestermite - Tap the entire field.
Man-o' War - Return all of your opponent's creatures back into your hand.
Merchant of Secrets - Draw your entire deck.
Chittering Rats - Send your opponent's hand back into the top of their deck.

Then swing in Lorescale Coatl for the instant kill as it easily becomes the most powerful creature in the field due to the insane drawing.

Or trade in for more Relentless Rats or even add the Maggot Carrier the deck above uses.

Its ridiculously easy to win with this one once everything in the deck is out in the field.
Attachments
Aluren-CavernHarpy.deck
(771 Bytes) Downloaded 412 times
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 18 Jul 2009, 07:35

Nice, but Wall of Blossoms is a better choice in my opinion, not only a great blocker but also cheaper.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby apthaven » 19 Jul 2009, 15:25

DennisBergkamp wrote:
Nice, but Wall of Blossoms is a better choice in my opinion, not only a great blocker but also cheaper.
It can't be targeted by Cavern Harpy though which is good for bouncing. Problem is blue and black doesn't have 3 mana walls that draw cards.
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 20 Jul 2009, 05:54

Fun deck. I went against the G/W Saproling deck with this and ran into a problem.
Compy had a Mycoloth out, with 28 counters on it. And it was 2 more turns before I got my harpy/man-o-war combo in play to bounce everything back to his hand (2 essence wardens in play for me to off set the life loss from harpy).
The problem? Any idea how many clicks you have to go through to remove each critter? AAAARRRGH! :shock:

It is just no fun having to click the harpy to return it, then Aluren twice to play harpy, select man-o-war as the bounce, then alluren twice, then the man-o-war and finally click for the critter to bounce to compy's hand. 8 clicks and a lot of mouse movement just to get rid of 1 critter and there were a few dozen still left to bounce. :(

So yeah, I quit that game instead of seeing it through to the end. I mean, I had 2 Lorescale Coatl out, each with 10 or 12 counters on it so once all the bouncing was done compy would be dead anyway.

Where is Isochron Scepter when you need it? (combine ot with Echoing Truth and this saproling bounce would have been a lot easier :lol: )

So it is not a deck problem as much as it is an interface problem.
But how to make a process like described above easier?
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 21 Jul 2009, 00:21

It can't be targeted by Cavern Harpy though which is good for bouncing. Problem is blue and black doesn't have 3 mana walls that draw cards.
Ooh, that's true, didn't think of that. I usually include a couple Dream Stalker for this reason (so I can also play a few Imperial Recruiter, which is an awesome card in Aluren decks :) ).
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Return to Forge Decks