It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:23

Text Size

Quest Precon Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quest Precon Decks

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 04:38

Just let me preface this post by saying, I love forge!!! Probably the single best program ever made for Magic the Gathering. Seriously. I've spent way too many hours playing it, though I mostly play Quest Mode, which is the point of this thread.

So on a fresh install of version 1.5.4, I've noticed there are several missing precon decks. I usually start with a custom format using Eventide/Shadowmoor and a couple others. I've been playing forge for long time off and on. I've searched the forums but only found .DCK lists in the update thread, but they don't have the needed meta data in them, nor the [store] information. So, instead of waiting for someone else to post them (or maybe I missed them), I decided to do something for this community. Not sure if anyone will find them useful, or if anyone cares. But if there's one person out there who finds these updates useful, then these are for you! :wink:

The '.dck' files should be saved in your '\res\quest\precons' directory. The '.jpg' files should be saved in your 'AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics\precons' directory so the images show up in Quest.

Also, it is quite possible I have made mistakes in these, if so, post them and I will correct. I initially only started with Eventide/Shadowmoor, but I'm pretty sure I'll add the other "missing" precons because I'm obsessive compulsive. :lol:

Updated: Quest Precon Deck lists in the .zip below are.

Shadowmoor
Army of Entropy
Aura Mastery
Overkill
Mortal Coil

Eventide
Death March
Life Drain
Sidestep

Rise of the Eldrazi
Eldrazi Arisen

Worldwake
Brute Force

Lorwyn
Elementals Path
Elvish Predation

Morningtide
Going Rogue
Battalion

Zendikar
Pumped Up

***NOTES***
Mortal Coil was added to the Zip, I was wrong about the non-supported card.
Images for the Precon decks are included in the zip files

***Need recommendations*** For Quest Mode prices of the precon decks. So far most have the standard 1200 price.

Last edited by Erazmus on 08 Nov 2013, 17:45, edited 11 times in total.
Erazmus

Re: Quest Precon Decks

Postby Xitax » 08 Nov 2013, 04:56

Yes, excellent, many preconstructed MTG product decks could be added to Forge but need to have that little edit for quest mode. I had done a few myself, but I'm nowhere near up to date so I suspect still a hundred or so are missing. Along with the edited deck file, we need a good product pic for the card shop.
Xitax

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 05:07

Xitax wrote:Yes, excellent, many preconstructed MTG product decks could be added to Forge but need to have that little edit for quest mode. I had done a few myself, but I'm nowhere near up to date so I suspect still a hundred or so are missing. Along with the edited deck file, we need a good product pic for the card shop.
Great, at least I'm not the only one that will benefit from this! :) Is there a better way I can submit these updates to you? I test each of them as I add them. Just added 'Army of Entropy'. I also have images for each of the decks listed in my post. I can link them here, if needed.
Erazmus

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 06:27

Here are the missing Lorwyn Precon Decks.

Lorwyn
Elvish Predation
Elementals' Path

*Added to the master zip in the first post*
Last edited by Erazmus on 08 Nov 2013, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Erazmus

Postby Sloth » 08 Nov 2013, 09:04

I've added the precons to Forge. Thanks Erazmus.
I don't have the power to upload pics, but i hope someone else will do that soonish.

Erazmus wrote:*NOTE* Mortal Coil isn't included because it has cards that aren't supported by Forge (as of 1.5.4).
What's missing from Mortal Coil?
Sloth
Programmer

Postby mastroego » 08 Nov 2013, 11:39

Erazmus wrote:I initially only started with Eventide/Shadowmoor, but I'm pretty sure I'll add the other "missing" precons because I'm obsessive compulsive. :lol:
Many thanks from a fellow - but lazy - user affected by obsessive compulsive disorder :D
mastroego

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 15:15

Sloth wrote:I've added the precons to Forge. Thanks Erazmus.
I don't have the power to upload pics, but i hope someone else will do that soonish.

Erazmus wrote:*NOTE* Mortal Coil isn't included because it has cards that aren't supported by Forge (as of 1.5.4).
What's missing from Mortal Coil?
Doh, you're right! My mistake, there was an error in my .dck file. I test every .dck I upload to make sure it's valid. When I looked closer at the message when loading the.dck file from forge, I was able to fix the typo and it loaded just fine and was able to buy the precon in the Quest Store. I'll link it below.

Mortal Coil - Shadowmoor
Erazmus

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 15:22

mastroego wrote:
Erazmus wrote:I initially only started with Eventide/Shadowmoor, but I'm pretty sure I'll add the other "missing" precons because I'm obsessive compulsive. :lol:
Many thanks from a fellow - but lazy - user affected by obsessive compulsive disorder :D
I'm just glad some people are finding these updates useful and that Sloth was able to add them to the main forge download. I'll be doing more missing precons today. If anyone has specific ones to recommend I do first, I'd be more than willing.

Disclaimer. :) I do test and verify the cards in Forge before I upload .dck files. But, it's still possible there could be errors.

Need feedback: So far I've been using the standard 1200 for the Quest Store cost of these precons. I can change any of them if people feel certain ones should be more expensive or if the wins to unlock should be higher.

For example, I made Life Drain from Eventide 1600 because of some of the cards in the deck, and it's significantly more expensive than the other precons from the set IRL.

Thanks guys!
Erazmus

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 16:07

Here are the missing Morningtide Quest Precon decks.

Morningtide
---------------
Battalion
Going Rogue

*Added to the master zip in the first post.*
Last edited by Erazmus on 08 Nov 2013, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Erazmus

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 16:57

Here is the missing Precon Quest deck from Zendikar.

Zendikar
---------------
Pumped Up

*Added to the master zip in the first post.*
Last edited by Erazmus on 08 Nov 2013, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Erazmus

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 17:14

Here is the missing Worldwake precon Quest deck.

Worldwake
----------------
Brute Force

*Added to the master Zip in the first post*
Last edited by Erazmus on 08 Nov 2013, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Erazmus

Postby Erazmus » 08 Nov 2013, 17:26

Rise of the Eldrazi
-----------------
Eldrazi Arisen

*Added to the master Zip in the first post*
Erazmus

Postby Sloth » 08 Nov 2013, 20:14

Erazmus wrote:Need feedback: So far I've been using the standard 1200 for the Quest Store cost of these precons. I can change any of them if people feel certain ones should be more expensive or if the wins to unlock should be higher.

For example, I made Life Drain from Eventide 1600 because of some of the cards in the deck, and it's significantly more expensive than the other precons from the set IRL.
Real life prices are a good indicator for good decks that need a higher price, but i haven't really checked all of them. So if you think it's worth more than average than raise the price, since the player could possibly make a profit by selling the singles afterwards (Rats' Nest from BoC for example has Umezawa's Jitte which is worth more than most of the other decks).

Wins to unlock have only been altered for Event decks i think. Note that decks with wins to unlock greater than zero cannot been chosen as starting pool.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Erazmus » 14 Nov 2013, 02:39

Here are the missing Future Sight decks. I have Future Shock completed, however, it's not included because Nacatl War-Pride is not supported by Forge-1.5.4, unless I am mistaken. I looked in the deck editor and couldn't find it.

Future Sight
-----------------
Rebels Unite
Suspended Sentence
Attachments
Future Sight.zip
(240.09 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Erazmus

Return to Forge Decks