It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:42

Text Size

Artifact Madness Deck (Spellbomb Deck)

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Artifact Madness Deck (Spellbomb Deck)

Postby apthaven » 09 Jul 2009, 14:44

Well.. Since I wanted to tinker around with the newer cards released in the latest Forge version.

I decided to give the Spellbombs a try.

So here's what I came up.

Artifact Madness

61 Total Cards

21 Creatures
-------------
2x Anodet Lurker
2x Bringer of the White Dawn
1x Copper Myr
2x Darksteel Gargoyle
1x Gold Myr
1x Iron Myr
1x Leaden Myr
4x Master of Etherium
1x Sarcomite Myr
1x Silver Myr
1x Sphinx of the Steel Wind
4x Trinket Mage

24 Spells
----------
2x AEther Spellbomb
4x Darksteel Ingot
2x Lifespark Spellbomb
1x Mox Emerald
1x Mox Jet
1x Mox Pearl
1x Mox Ruby
1x Mox Sapphire
2x Necrogen Spellbomb
2x Pyrite Spellbomb
1x Rod of Ruin
2x Sunbeam Spellbomb
1x Tanglebloom
1x The Hive
2x Voltaic Key

16 Land
--------
2x Academy Ruins
2x Ancient Den
2x Darksteel Citadel
2x Great Furnace
2x Seat of the Synod
2x Tolarian Academy
2x Tree of Tales
2x Vault of Whispers

This deck is about using the Spellbomb artifacts combined with a multitude of artifact cards.

Having a spellbomb early can give you benefits primarily because it allows you to pseudo-cycle your cards while bringing out the necessary cards in your deck.

This isn't a Memnarch deck, but it features Master of Etherium pumped by a 90% deck full of artifact cards so that easily means a powerhouse.

Once you get your Bringer of the White Dawn out (simply pay its WURBG cost using your artifacts), you'd want to abuse your Spellbombs over and over. Or use your Academy Ruins ability to bounce your artifact cards out.

There are lots of possibilities for this deck. You could replace and add cards like Darksteel Colossus or even the fearsome Memnarch itself. But more or less, this deck is in good shape already seeing that you can virtually return any card you want later on from the grave.

Land and mana isn't much of a problem - with 5 moxes and 16 artifact lands. Add to that the Myrs and your ridiculous drawing ability using the Spellbombs, you'd never run out of mana early on.
Attachments
ArtifactMadness.deck
(971 Bytes) Downloaded 323 times
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Re: Artifact Madness Deck (Spellbomb Deck)

Postby zerker2000 » 09 Jul 2009, 23:52

Yay someone made a fun deck using all the spellbombs I coded! :P
O forest, hold thy wand'ring son
Though fears assail the door.
O foliage, cloak thy ravaged one
In vestments cut for war.

--Eladamri, the Seed of Freyalise
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby apthaven » 10 Jul 2009, 07:07

zerker2000 wrote:Yay someone made a fun deck using all the spellbombs I coded! :P
No problem :D .

Actually the best way to test for new cards is to create decks around them. So that's what I do. (And since I can't program cards myself, all I can probably do now is to test, and play around them.)
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 10 Jul 2009, 09:10

I have a serious problem with this deck: it loses to the AI consistantly.
The only way you have here to win is the Master, but he rarely shows up.
6 games played, only once managed to get a Master in play and even then I lost because I got swarmed. 7 attackers and only a Master of Etherium and 1 Darksteel Gargoyle to block with when you are at 3 lives is not good. :cry:
All card search is for the useless 1 mana things, you have no way to get the master other than luck of the draw. And that doesn't work in a deck with no defense other than cards that cost 7 mana or more.
Plus the fact that you have only a few mana sources of each color doesn't do the deck any favors either.

My first game with your deck was against the Exalted Fury deck. With no defense, I was forced to block with my mana making creatures or it would have been game over real quickly. But this left me with no way to bring out the expensive cards and since the master never showed up, I got killed a few turns later. Th espellbombs are pretty useles since you only draw 1 card and lose the spellbomb, Acedemy Ruins is still bugged and therefore useles so the only way to return stuff is with the bringer, who gets targeted by compy since it is the biggest thing on the table, meaning it is a miracle if you get to use the bringer for more than 2 turns. Besides, the bringer and the gargoyle are the only blockers in the deck, so you often have to sacrifice the bringer in combat just to survive one more turn.(I ignore the master as a blocker here since he is your only offensive card)

My other games against 2 other decks went just as bad. This deck needs less colors, more reliable carddraw and/or loads more defense.

As a test deck for the new spellbombs, sure it shows they work. But this is not a playable deck.
If you want to use the Master of Etherium, check out my Master-Memnarch deck in the deck section.
That deck is functional. It has cheap defense, just 1 color and eventhough you cannot search for the master directly, he shows up every game because you can last long enough to find him.

Sorry to be so negative but I just never saw a deck here that did as bad against the AI as your spellbomb deck.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby apthaven » 10 Jul 2009, 09:43

I have a serious problem with this deck: it loses to the AI consistantly.
The only way you have here to win is the Master, but he rarely shows up.
6 games played, only once managed to get a Master in play and even then I lost because I got swarmed. 7 attackers and only a Master of Etherium and 1 Darksteel Gargoyle to block with when you are at 3 lives is not good. :cry:
All card search is for the useless 1 mana things, you have no way to get the master other than luck of the draw. And that doesn't work in a deck with no defense other than cards that cost 7 mana or more.
Plus the fact that you have only a few mana sources of each color doesn't do the deck any favors either.

My first game with your deck was against the Exalted Fury deck. With no defense, I was forced to block with my mana making creatures or it would have been game over real quickly. But this left me with no way to bring out the expensive cards and since the master never showed up, I got killed a few turns later. Th espellbombs are pretty useles since you only draw 1 card and lose the spellbomb, Acedemy Ruins is still bugged and therefore useles so the only way to return stuff is with the bringer, who gets targeted by compy since it is the biggest thing on the table, meaning it is a miracle if you get to use the bringer for more than 2 turns. Besides, the bringer and the gargoyle are the only blockers in the deck, so you often have to sacrifice the bringer in combat just to survive one more turn.(I ignore the master as a blocker here since he is your only offensive card)
Seems like this deck needs a major overhaul :lol:

Anyhow. I'll try tinkering with it a bit more.

I did win a few games with this one. But all I did was to stall at first.

And yes. I do agree that without the Master of Etherium coming out, it'll lose on its own.

Just a little overexcited with this one I suppose :)

Thanks.
apthaven
Tester

Postby apthaven » 12 Jul 2009, 10:43

Artifact Madness Deck 2

60 Total Cards

29 Creatures
-------------
1x Arcanis the Omnipotent
2x Bringer of the White Dawn
1x Cloudheath Drake
1x Cobalt Golem
1x Copper Myr
1x Darksteel Colossus
1x Darksteel Gargoyle
2x Ethersworn Adjudicator
1x Gold Myr
1x Inkwell Leviathan
1x Iron Myr
1x Keiga, the Tide Star
1x Leaden Myr
4x Master of Etherium
1x Obsianus Golem
2x Ornithopter
2x Phyrexian Walker
1x Primal Clay
2x Shield Sphere
1x Silver Myr
1x Tidal Kraken

16 Spells
----------
1x AEther Spellbomb
1x Aladdin's Ring
2x Darksteel Ingot
1x Demonic Tutor
2x Loxodon Warhammer
1x Mox Emerald
1x Mox Jet
1x Mox Pearl
1x Mox Ruby
1x Mox Sapphire
1x Necrogen Spellbomb
1x Sol Ring
2x Sunbeam Spellbomb

15 Land
--------
2x Ancient Den
4x Darksteel Citadel
4x Seat of the Synod
3x Tolarian Academy
2x Vault of Whispers

This deck improves on all aspects of the previous Artifact Madness deck.

To begin with I added 0-cost artifacts to boost Master of Etherium fast. I removed much of the Spellbombs except for Sunbeam due to its ability to give you 5 life which may come in handy at certain situations.

I lessened the land, now only 15, boosted by 5 moxes, myrs and darksteel ingots.

With this, you're Tolarian Academy would be your main means to play artifacts and other expensive blue creatures such as Tidal Kraken, Inkwell Leviathan, and Darksteel Colossus.
Attachments
ArtifactMadness2.deck
(1019 Bytes) Downloaded 348 times
apthaven
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 12 Jul 2009, 21:23

Er no you didn't remove the spell bombs. Unless your list is different from this one you just posted. Imho, as a nontimmy speaking I don't see the point of huge creatures like colossus in this deck unless you just want to overkill your opponent. With the resources you have at your disposal it should be easy enough to build a deck that consistently plays master of etherium turn 3 and just wins without any need for irrelevant beasts. Just my thoughts. That might have been a little spikish of me though.
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 13 Jul 2009, 04:54

Masterful Facts..

60 Total Cards

13 Creatures
-------------
4x Master of Etherium
1x Memnarch
3x Ornithopter
3x Phyrexian Walker
2x Shield Sphere

26 Spells
----------
1x Ancestral Recall
1x Black Lotus
1x Demonic Tutor
4x Enlightened Tutor
4x Lightning Greaves
2x Loxodon Warhammer
1x Mox Emerald
1x Mox Jet
1x Mox Pearl
1x Mox Ruby
1x Mox Sapphire
1x Regrowth
1x Sensei's Divining Top
4x Skullclamp
1x Sol Ring
1x Timetwister

21 Land
--------
4x Ancient Den
4x Great Furnace
4x Seat of the Synod
1x Tolarian Academy
4x Tree of Tales
4x Vault of Whispers

No spell bombs needed. The AI can actually pilot this to a win sometimes. :) This deck runs much tighter and can be very hard stop and it's fast.
Attachments
MasterfulFacts.deck
(855 Bytes) Downloaded 330 times
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge Decks