20 Land
--------
2x Forbidding Watchtower
4x Jungle Shrine
4x Savannah
4x Seaside Citadel
4x Temple Garden
2x Treetop Village

This deck is designed to test the card auras that has been recently added to Forge's lineup.

To make full use of this deck, you'd first want to get out a few of your numerous enchantements into play

But it's best to bring out some of your Mesa Enchantress or Verduran Enchantress first for some drawing power.

Once your enchantments and land cards come into play, you'd be playing enchantments nonstop to draw out your cards from the deck.

The fun starts when you unleash your Yavimaya Enchantress with lots of enchantments out. It easily becomes a 10/10 or greater creature with trample and first strike (using your Noble Steeds and Rancor/Epic Proportions out).

And since you have 4 Yavimaya Enchantress in this deck, you'd be dishing serious damage.

Take note of the card Lucent Liminid, it doubles as an Enchantment and a Flying 3/3 creature. Very handy in some situations.

Aluren is good in this deck since almost all creatures except Lucent Liminid have a casting cost of 3, which means you'd be spending your mana for enchantments instead.

The only thing that should bother you are decks that hit hard fast, as this deck is quite slow early on.

And fear the destroy all enchantments spells. They seriously ruin this deck.

I remember the Shandalar days when I first abused Wild Growth (which Forge doesn't have as of yet), to get Yavimaya Enchantress powerful fast, and hitting hard combined with Killer bees pumped to large increments using Green's ridiculous ways to speed up mana generation (using enchant land auras), finishing the opponent quickly before any serious threat comes out.

If enchant land auras (Such as Wild Growth) comes out, you'd definitely want to add them too to this deck later on.

Have fun with this one!
Attachments
GW-Enchanter.deck
(838 Bytes) Downloaded 234 times
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Re: G/W Enchanter Deck (Auras)

Postby Mr.Chaos » 10 Jul 2009, 09:16

No Serra's Sanctum?
No Gaea's Cradle?
They both would help generate the mana to play the enchantments.

But the idea is fun, I will try this deck.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby apthaven » 10 Jul 2009, 09:35

Serra's Sanctum is a definite add. I forgot that! Thanks.

Best to remove one of the Forbidden Watchtowers then and Treeptop Villages for the Gaea's Cradle and Serra's Sanctum then.
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 10 Jul 2009, 17:00

Since you cannot turn the towers into creatures and block with them due to the way blockers are declared in MTGForge, I removed both of those and added 2 Sanctums.
Then I removed 1 Treetop and added 1 cradle. (The Treetop Village has use as an attacker, so I kept 1.
Added 1 cradle because you rely more on enchantments anyway and by the time you get the sigil out to make creatures, you do not really need the cradle anymore.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Return to Forge Decks