It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:36

Text Size

Deckbox Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Deckbox Decks

Postby VladVoivode » 23 Nov 2014, 15:56

Hi all,

I've been wanting to pitch in and help with Forge. At the moment I don't have time to create sound files as I need to set up some parameters on my music workstations such as Side Band filters and then test the samples/sounds I will be creating. In the meantime, I have been scouring some other sites for decks. I found a TONS. Gos has done a GREAT job as have others in making this deck library grow and I want to help. Attached are two decks I am submitting for you to unzip to your constructed folder.

I tested both and they work beautifully. Roar Aune's Modern - Doran seem to be an especially strong deck. Anyhow, if these work for you, I hope to upload about 50 per week.

The decks I will be adding fro the forseeable future come from The Deckbox. To make them easier for you to find in the Deck Editor, I will be adding the prefix +DB to the deck name. All you need to do is type + in the deck search and these should show up.

Deckbox has close to 200,000 decks!! Now, I am choosing each carefully as some are not quite "complete." I will try to test as many as possible against the AI. Some will be tested as AI vs. AI and others as AI vs. me. Gos has a programming intensive way of doing this. My technical expertise lies more in CSS, graphics, and design - I have a Master's in Educational Media and Instructional Design. Translated that means I am half techie and half educator and have NONE of the formidable skills that Gos has. Anyhow, I am hopeful these work. Please let me know on this thread and if these two work, then I can spend an hour or two a day putting together archives of 50 decks per week.

Best,
Vlad
Attachments
DeckboxTest.zip
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Last edited by VladVoivode on 07 Dec 2014, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
VladVoivode

Deckbox Decks

Postby VladVoivode » 25 Nov 2014, 17:42

Hi all,

I see that those two decks I posted were downloaded two times. Before I get neck deep in this large project, please let me know if they worked for you? They are working for me but I want to be certain.

While I am writing I thought I would ask a question. Would you prefer that I just post decks that are Forgeable, or, would you prefer that I restrict these to certain formats, i.e, Modern only, Legacy, Vintage?

I want to be a bit creative with this so perhaps I might create zips based upon theme. I'd appreciate your feedback. After all, there are never enough decks to play with. :)

Best,
Vlad
Last edited by VladVoivode on 12 Dec 2014, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
VladVoivode

Deckbox Decks

Postby VladVoivode » 02 Dec 2014, 18:46

Okay,

I see that these two decks were downloaded 8 times and I am guessing that no replies means they are working. I am still ironing out the process but I'll begin by uploading 10-20 decks per post until I streamline a bit more.

I've also decided to upload these decks with some fun in mind. There are approximately 200,000 decks just on Deckbox alone and there is no way I could possibly "Forge" all of them. So what I am going to do is filter search results to whittle down a bit. So for instance I might upload a batch around dragons, I might decide to select by format, set, attribute, etc. I hope that the community would enjoy something like this.

Lastly, is there any interest in EDH decks?

Please let me know.

Best,
Vlad
Last edited by VladVoivode on 12 Dec 2014, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
VladVoivode

Re: More decks (I hope)

Postby mastroego » 03 Dec 2014, 08:04

Give it time, this is a relaxed place :)
I for one haven't downloaded them yet :)
mastroego

Deckbox Decks

Postby VladVoivode » 07 Dec 2014, 00:20

Twenty decks from The Deckbox. Much more to come!

Best,
Vlad
Attachments
DeckboxDecks120714.zip
(9.73 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
VladVoivode

Re: Deckbox Decks

Postby VladVoivode » 08 Dec 2014, 15:12

34 decks from Deckbox

More to come!
Attachments
Deckbox120814.zip
(17.04 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 10 Dec 2014, 16:25

Ya got wurms? Here are 21 Wurm decks in case ya need more! :lol:
Attachments
Wurms.zip
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 16 Dec 2014, 10:51

Hi all,

I'm not sure because I haven't had any issues but a user reported that his Forge was hanging when he installed some of these decks. I was using a +DB prefix to make these easier to find. Perhaps that "+" is messing with some Forge code. So, before you install any of the ones I posted before today, please do a rename to get rid of the "+" just in case.

Sorry if anyone experienced inconvenience. I had assumed that since these were working for me and that no one had reported any issues that everything was OK. But, this user ran into a snag and better safe than sorry.

So far I have uploaded 77 decks and some of them are really good. I've play tested them in Forge and in Manalink 3.0 and they seem to play very well. :)

So far these decks have been downloaded 34 times.

I also will be posting some other decks from a different site that features strictly competitive play decks so stay tuned. :)

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 16 Dec 2014, 11:14

12 more Deckbox decks properly named with just a DB prefix and the creator's name.
Attachments
Deckbox121614.zip
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
VladVoivode

Postby mastroego » 16 Dec 2014, 18:34

May I suggest to do as gos does, that is, keeping a single zip file updated with all the new additions in the first post?
mastroego

Postby VladVoivode » 16 Dec 2014, 23:34

I can do that of course, but as you know, gos ALSO adds new zips as well for those who have already downloaded the "big" one. Right now I am just trying to find the best and most efficient way to contribute to the community as I get my equipment ready to create some sound files.

The decks I am finding in these places are pretty good. I have play tested a lot of them in both Forge and Manalink 3.0 and they play wonderfully. There is one deck in particular that is VERY strong and I think I will run a few gauntlets with it.

Thanks for the suggestion! What I will do is what gos does: one updated zip in the main post as well as individual zips in individual posts as I go along. Right now I think I have only uploaded about 80 decks so it should be easy at this point to create a comprehensive principal file.

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 21 Dec 2014, 13:51

More decks are coming but they won't all be from Deckbox. I have found some archives that contain decks perhaps equally as brilliant as the those found in the resources from gos and of course, HUGE applause for his work!

At some point, I WILL do a large zip of these in the first post as gos has done in his first post. But for now, I am going to stick with periodic posts of new decks because each resource requires a different process and because I want to be a bit more creative than I had been and instead of just posting decks for the sake of posting, I want to sift through and create more focused posts.

That said, I have a batch I'll be posting later that is still a potpourri and then, more focused type stuff ranging from weird fun casual decks to tournament winners and everything in between.

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 23 Dec 2014, 00:10

Here are 99 more decks! Some are from Deckbox and some from other sites as well.

Best,
Vlad

PS: 189 decks uploaded in this thread. I'll create one large zip this week and put that in the initial post.
Attachments
12232014.zip
(48.43 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 02 Jan 2015, 11:57

Here be 78 more decks me hearties! Over half of these are from Tapped Out. What I like about this site is that the community seems more involved and decks are scored/rated and friendly suggestions given. Some of these decks are really nice. I gave them a prefix of TOUT then the deck name.

I haven't been including any EDH decks because I'm not certain if there is an interest in them.

I'll also be updating the first post soon to include all of decks uploaded thus far.

While it's true that many of these decks aren't at the level of WOTC decks, Daily Decks, etc., some of them could well be featured there. Regardless there are never enough decks to play. ;)
Attachments
01022015.zip
(39.04 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 20 Jan 2015, 00:29

Here are 72 more decks from Tapped Out - a GREAT resource to check out, Deckbox, and a few other sites I'm testing. No guarantees that these are on par with Daily Decks and the other big hitters but some of these are really excellent and of course it's fun to tweak. Tapped Out has an especially active community and it's fun to try some of the suggestions by other users in terms of card substitutions.

I know I need to update the first post and include one big zip file for everything thus far. I'll get round to it but right now I am working on 3D modeled avatars and music and sound files for Manalink and Forge. Searching decks has been a way for me to contribute but also a way for me to get used to the stuff after Judgment when I took a hiatus from the game. Man I missed a LOT.

Anyhow, there are over 325 decks in this thread so far. I used naming conventions to credit the sites so TOUT [deckname] is Tapped Out, DB is Deckbox, ML is for Magic League.

Best,
Vlad

PS: The 3D avatars will not be large in terms of file size. When I begin posting them, if you don't feel like using them I won't be insulted. They are more realistic looking and may clash with the hand drawn style of existing avatars. But, I wanted to experiment with creating characters with realistic eye moisture, skin tones - and blemishes - and other graphic fun stuff. The first batch will be Elves and Orcs because they love each other so well. :)
Attachments
01202015.zip
(35.11 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
VladVoivode

Next

Return to Forge Decks