--------
4x Badlands
4x Bayou
4x Forest
1x Savage Lands
4x Swamp
2x Taiga
1x Volrath's Stronghold

This deck is very deceptive despite being slow to set up.

The key card in this one is Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper. As this can easily abuse you a certain number of combos with the creatures in the deck.

For instance, you can sacrifice a creature using Nantuko Husk or Fallen Angel and let Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper generate a token for you. Now if the creature you sacrificed is Rukh Egg, you'll get another 4/4 flying token at the end of turn. So for one creature sacrificed, you boost Nantuko Husk, get a 3/1 token with haste, and get another 4/4 flier in one turn!

You can also abuse Nether Spirit's ability to come back from the grave to the battlefield over and over to generate lots of tokens by combining it with the cards above.

Combined with your black sorceries and Adun Oakenshield, you can essentially repeat the cycle over and over or even exchange creatures against the AI with ease.

Beastmaster Ascension is the ultimate finisher as it makes everything more nastier with the +5/+5 bonus.
Attachments
Rebirth.deck
(953 Bytes) Downloaded 331 times
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Re: Rebirth (BRG)

Postby Mr.Chaos » 24 Nov 2009, 18:47

I like the idea here. I never put much thought into the "sacrifice combo" possibilities so I am looking forward to see how this works against the other decks.
However, I do fear that against weenie decks, this deck has too little defense and could possibly be too slow to generate an army or big enough creature to go for the win.
Still, interesting combo's so I will try it out. 8)
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 26 Nov 2009, 08:54

I have played a couple of games with this deck and had very mixed results.
Lost more than I won. Mainly due to not getting enough defense up early on.
And mostly used Zombify instead of Adun to bring critters back simply because Adun does not show up often enough. Same is true for Sek, for such key cards, 2 copies is not enough to guaranty it shows up when needed.
Then again, Zobifying the egg worked nicely and that got me a few wins.
But it just is a bit too slow in general to be a winner. Definitely a fun deck though.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby apthaven » 26 Nov 2009, 09:21

Probably would be nice to add a couple of tutoring (like Demonic Tutor and Diabolic Tutor cards here) That would at least give you some quick means to get the cards you want fast.

Might want to dump that too and add some more cards which add drawing power (Like Phyrexian Arena).

But yes, this deck really relies too much on luck as of the moment to win consistently.
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Return to Forge Decks