19 Land
--------
1x Academy Ruins
3x Ancient Den
4x Hallowed Fountain
5x Seat of the Synod
2x Tolarian Academy
4x Tundra

A deck that abuses the popular combo of Thopter Foundry + Sword of the Meek to generate tokens as long as you have mana. Currently there is no infinite way to generate mana with blue here in Forge except with artifacts with the best way to go is use Tolarian Academy.

The combo can be tedious as there are lots of clicking. Click Thopter Foundry, sacrifice Sword of the Meek, generate a token and gain 1 life, then attach Sword of the Meek to a token, and repeat.

With a large mana pool, you can gain technically infinite life, and a huge number of tokens.

The other cards are primarily built for control and for delaying tactics. Even with a small number of tokens, this deck can be lethal with Tezzeret the Seeker using its 3rd ability to turn all the tokens into 5/5 creatures.

The deck also combos with two other cards, Time Sieve for infinite turns and Krark-Clan Ironworks for infinite mana. Both are not yet in Forge.

Most versions of these deck all over the MTG world implement control cards, and hardly any creature cards, as the combo itself is lethal once the combo cards are out.

Though technically this deck can also benefit from Tinker + Darksteel Colossus, that would make this deck so overpowered already.
Attachments
ThopterControl.deck
(963 Bytes) Downloaded 533 times
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Re: Thopter Foundry + Sword of the Meek Combo

Postby Corwin72 » 22 Jan 2010, 13:39

Looks great!
Thanks for putting the deck in Forge.
Corwin72

Postby Marek14 » 22 Jan 2010, 14:54

Corwin72 wrote:Looks great!
Thanks for putting the deck in Forge.
How about we called it "forging a deck"? :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Corwin72 » 22 Jan 2010, 17:39

... :shock:
Corwin72

Postby Mr.Chaos » 22 Jan 2010, 18:25

To get infinite turns, use Time Vault, which is in Forge already.
Either use Tezzeret or Voltaic Key to untap the vault and keep on turning out thopters for ever. :lol:
I use that method in the Notmyvault deck, found here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2164

Ok, time to go test your deck, it looks fun. (as long as you are the one playing it, would not like being on the other end of it. :roll: )
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 22 Jan 2010, 19:50

Corwin72 wrote:... :shock:
I tried to use "forge" as a verb... like Forge Armor.
Marek14
Tester

Postby apthaven » 23 Jan 2010, 04:40

Mr.Chaos wrote:To get infinite turns, use Time Vault, which is in Forge already.
Either use Tezzeret or Voltaic Key to untap the vault and keep on turning out thopters for ever. :lol:
I use that method in the Notmyvault deck, found here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2164

Ok, time to go test your deck, it looks fun. (as long as you are the one playing it, would not like being on the other end of it. :roll: )
Great idea. Time Vault is definitely the "must add" card here.
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 23 Jan 2010, 06:50

After a few games, I found it to be a bit on the slow side and Esper Stormblade seems a bit redundant.
I would definately swap it out for 4 Time Vault.
Spell Snare? Why not go with Counterspell? Another swap there.
Skull Clamp.... Mwah. With Time Vault in play, who needs extra card draws.
So out with the Skulls and in with...
1 Thopter Faundry and an extra Tolarian Academy.
The extra faundry because it is a keycard for the deck so you should have 4 and the extra chance to draw an Academy is also welcome.

This deck does involve a lot of clicking once you start making tokens. 6 clicks for 1 token as a minimal effort means you wear out your mouse quickly if you have the Academy in play.
Reminds me of my green elf deck which combo's Priest of Titania with Staff of Domination to bring victory via Door to Nothingness. That deck also has you go into a clickfest.
(The main difference being that, once the elf/staff combo is out, you win the game in one turn by drawing/playing cards until you can activate the Door (via Voltaic Key) on the same turn it enters play.
See that deck here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2087
(My paper version of the elf/staff deck uses Hurricane as a win condition instead of the Door, but I had to improvise since Forge cannot handle Hurricane yet.)
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby slappysquirrel » 22 Feb 2010, 02:29

there was a card, that allowed you to sacrifice a creature to mill one card off your opponets deck, and another card pandemonium that allows you to sacrifice a creature to do one damage to something. dont think either is in forge yet.,, sorry i forgot the 1st cards name it was in the urza's sets i think
slappysquirrel

Postby Marek14 » 22 Feb 2010, 07:13

slappysquirrel wrote:there was a card, that allowed you to sacrifice a creature to mill one card off your opponets deck, and another card pandemonium that allows you to sacrifice a creature to do one damage to something. dont think either is in forge yet.,, sorry i forgot the 1st cards name it was in the urza's sets i think
Do you mean Altar of Dementia? That's SIGNIFICANTLY better, though :) (Seriously, one creature for one card milled? Not worth it.)
Marek14
Tester

Postby slappysquirrel » 05 Mar 2010, 02:12

yeah that's the card i was thinkin about.
slappysquirrel

Postby lm01 » 09 Mar 2010, 16:17

---
If you want to request cards refer to: Card Requests
If you want to see cards already requested refer to: Card List
lm01

Postby Mr.Chaos » 10 Mar 2010, 07:57

I do not care about legal/illegal decks in Forge. The whole point of this game is that you can make decks and/or use cards that you cannot otherwise. I mean, when was the last time you met a player out there who actually used a mox or Black Lotus?
If you want to put 4 Black Lotus into your deck, go right ahead!
If you want to stick to official restrictions for deckbuilding, go right ahead.
But do not tell others what they can or cannot do or use in this game, just because you would not do that.
Everybody is free to use this game as they want and build decks the way they want to.
If you want to make a deck that has nothing but lands and Vulshok Sorcerer in it, do it! (Oh, wait. I already did that once. :lol: )

If you do not like a deck, then just don't download it.
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby apthaven » 10 Mar 2010, 10:10

Mr.Chaos wrote:I do not care about legal/illegal decks in Forge. The whole point of this game is that you can make decks and/or use cards that you cannot otherwise. I mean, when was the last time you met a player out there who actually used a mox or Black Lotus?
But do not tell others what they can or cannot do or use in this game, just because you would not do that.
Everybody is free to use this game as they want and build decks the way they want to.
If you want to make a deck that has nothing but lands and Vulshok Sorcerer in it, do it! (Oh, wait. I already did that once. :lol: )

I agree.

Though I do try to follow the usual restrictions most. There are times where in I do not, yet as much as possible I make the deck powerful yet balanced still.

Well at least based on that list, 4x Land Tax is legal :lol:
apthaven
Tester

Postby lm01 » 19 Mar 2010, 16:17

Mr.Chaos wrote:I do not care about legal/illegal decks in Forge. The whole point of this game is that you can make decks and/or use cards that you cannot otherwise. I mean, when was the last time you met a player out there who actually used a mox or Black Lotus?

It seems you haven't read what I said.
lm01 wrote:Please try to avoid Illegal deck on AI, or at least name them so.
Just because you like to play Illegal decks versus Legal ones, doesn't mean others have to.
I don't like playing versus Illegal decks unknowingly, thus I said to name them so!
And I don't download, but many decks come on Forge already, I play a deck of mine versus random, and I don't like the fact I'm playing a LEGAL deck versus some ILLEGAL one UNKNOWINGLY.
Hope you understood now.

apthaven wrote:Well at least based on that list, 4x Land Tax is legal :lol:
Yes it is.
---
If you want to request cards refer to: Card Requests
If you want to see cards already requested refer to: Card List
lm01

Next

Return to Forge Decks