It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:09

Text Size

Question about making an AI deck for quest mode

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Question about making an AI deck for quest mode

Postby timmermac » 11 Jun 2010, 07:20

I've made a deck for the AI to use in Quest Mode. It's saved and it shows up when I select the "View All Decks" option in the AI menu. However, it never shows up as an opponent's option. Can someone post the steps for this process so that I can see what I'm missing?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Re: Question about making an AI deck for quest mode

Postby Chris H. » 11 Jun 2010, 09:39

Dennis recently changed the system for assigning AI decks for the computer to use in quest mode. While things should now be easier it is also a new system for us to learn. =D>

We now create a deck using the Constructed mode deck editor and save it as a .dck file. No need to export or import the deck file. Find the .dck file in your /res/decks/ folder and copy the file. Then paste this file into your /res/quest/decks/ folder.

You will also need to rank this deck as either an easy or medium or hard difficulty deck. The /res/quest/decks/ folder contains three text files that have these names:

easy.txt
medium.txt
hard.txt

You will need to open the appropriate file in a text editor and then you paste the file name for your new deck into this file and save.

The "edit" file and the "AI Deck" menu are no longer needed and I do not think that they now have any effect on the quest mode since forge 05-16. We should be able to delete the "edit" file and we should be able to ignore the "AI Deck" menu at this point in time. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Forge Decks