It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:04

Text Size

Question about decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Question about decks

Postby Barefootnate » 07 Oct 2010, 05:01

I just downloaded the new 10/02 version of Forge.

I noticed no decks come with the new versions of Forge. Thats no problem- I've downloaded decks before on older versions and had no trouble.

But when I download a new deck from the forum, it doesn't seem to show up in my deck choices while in game.

It saves the file as a .DECK file, and when I looked back in my deck folders in previous versions of forge, I see that the decks were saved as .DCK files insted. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

I usually just play single games using Contructed(Easy) game mode, and am simply hoping to add more decks for more choices.

Thanks!
Barefootnate

Re: Question about decks

Postby Chris H. » 07 Oct 2010, 09:10

Barefootnate wrote:But when I download a new deck from the forum, it doesn't seem to show up in my deck choices while in game.

It saves the file as a .DECK file, and when I looked back in my deck folders in previous versions of forge, I see that the decks were saved as .DCK files insted. Not sure if that has something to do with it.
`
".dck" files can be copied to your /res/decks/ folder and will be recognized as a deck without any additional work.

".deck" files require the export/import commands that are found in the Deck Actions menu in the deck editor.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Barefootnate » 07 Oct 2010, 22:46

Thanks! I got them to work. But now have a few other questions.

Is there a way to download many decks at the same time? A "deck pack" or something. Or do I need to go 1 by 1 through the deck forum?

And is there a way to import them faster? or is that also a 1 by 1 process?

After I import a .deck file and it becomes a playable .dck file, do I need to keep the old .deck file for anything?

Not sure if this information was covered somewhere and I just missed it.

Thanks a bunch!
Barefootnate

Postby abc123 » 09 Nov 2010, 12:47

Hi, I also have a question about the deck files.

I am able to find the deck files that I built outside of Quest mode, but I was wondering where are the deck files for the decks I built within Quest mode?

Thanks in advance.
abc123

Postby Chris H. » 09 Nov 2010, 13:37

abc123 wrote:Hi, I also have a question about the deck files.

I am able to find the deck files that I built outside of Quest mode, but I was wondering where are the deck files for the decks I built within Quest mode?

Thanks in advance.
`
The human's quest mode decks are stored in the /res/questData file. You can use the quest mode deck editor to load and to then export as a ".deck" file any of your quest decks. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 10 Nov 2010, 17:23

Ack, no decks, I'll fix it now. :-k
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge Decks