It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:44

Text Size

Decks for Quest mode

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Decks for Quest mode

Postby Corwin72 » 04 Apr 2011, 16:20

Here are some Medium and hard decks for quest mode.
Any ideas for names for the singleton or standard decks would be helpful.
The Colbert 3 was taken from Gos's thread.

Edit 2:
Current install file for new forge decks as of 04/15/2011.
Attachments
Extract me in your forge folder2.zip
(657.61 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Last edited by Corwin72 on 16 Apr 2011, 05:13, edited 2 times in total.
Corwin72

Re: Decks for Quest mode

Postby Corwin72 » 04 Apr 2011, 20:58

I am finding some spelling issues and small fixes. I will continue to work on it.
What do you think of my idea that strong singleton decks are good for medium and constructed should be used for hard?
Corwin72

Postby Chris H. » 04 Apr 2011, 22:57

Corwin72 wrote:I am finding some spelling issues and small fixes. I will continue to work on it.
What do you think of my idea that strong singleton decks are good for medium and constructed should be used for hard?
`
We currently have 200 quest decks. We can always use a few more. :)

Sloth spent a lot of time last year modifying the quest decks. I would not suggest that someone should try to change or to replace most or all of them as the work load could become a burden. On the other hand adding new decks would be great.

Be on the look out for cards that the computer can not use. The card file for these cards should contain this SVar:

SVar:RemAIDeck:True

Additional AI decks that are reasonably different from the existing decks could help to improve the quest experience. You could try out your idea and this would help to give some variation to the game.

I have some deck ideas for what may be weaker combo decks using some cards that may not end up in a tournament winning deck. It could still be fun (and different) to play against.

It should also be fairly easy at this time to create a number of theme type tribal decks. Using Giants or Fairies or Angels or Demons or ...

I need a few weeks to tie up some loose ends in the forge project. As a Jr. programmer I try to help with some of the basic maintenance type tasks. I also need to figure out where to paste in the opponent deck descriptions. I have not had enough free time to check out the various changes that Fnoed made to the quest mode. I have only been able to take a quick peek.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Corwin72 » 05 Apr 2011, 12:34

I agree more decks are better. I was not recommending getting rid of any of the existing decks. Since we have a Standard mode I am trying to make more decks that play well against low powered standard decks.
Corwin72

Postby Hellfish » 05 Apr 2011, 13:23

Except for Samantha Stephens (I think that's the name, I don't have a quest file currently),In My Annoyed Opinion. Grindstone combo is never fun to face.
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 05 Apr 2011, 15:12

Corwin72 wrote:I agree more decks are better. I was not recommending getting rid of any of the existing decks. Since we have a Standard mode I am trying to make more decks that play well against low powered standard decks.
`
Ah, great. We are on the same page.

More easy and medium decks give people additional reason to start a quest over.

More hard decks give people additional reason to continue a quest.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 05 Apr 2011, 15:15

Hellfish wrote:Except for Samantha Stephens (I think that's the name, I don't have a quest file currently),In My Annoyed Opinion. Grindstone combo is never fun to face.
`
We could move the Grindstone deck to special quest opponent status. It can be done but it would require more work and some sort of a creative story line.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Corwin72 » 05 Apr 2011, 15:49

I hate Samantha Stevens and Ned Flanders.

Here are some pics that I have been working on for the new decks.
Please tell me if you hate any of them.
Attachments
Pics.zip
(195.27 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Corwin72

Postby Chris H. » 05 Apr 2011, 17:15

Corwin72 wrote:Here are some pics that I have been working on for the new decks.
`
The pics look nice and should save us some time as new AI decks get added. Thank you. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Corwin72 » 05 Apr 2011, 17:54

Is there any way to give bigger rewards for beating harder opponents?
I thought that it might be interesting to have the ability to fight easy, medium, and hard opponents to get different rewards.
Thoughts?
Corwin72

Postby Chris H. » 05 Apr 2011, 23:07

I have not looked at the quest code in awhile.

The special quest opponents let you set the number of rares awarded and it also allows you to set the color of the rares awarded. Anything beyond this would likely require some additional coding.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 14 Apr 2011, 12:25

I made this a sticy topic.

I am still trying to tie up a few loose ends. Bug fixing, converting cards to AF and old style drawbacks to newer AF drawbacks.

I had an idea yesterday. It might be possible to add in another column to the constructed mode deck editor. This column would display a "No" for the cards that had a "SVar:RemAIDeck:True".

Rob recently added a cloumn for the card set info, so it may also be possible to display the RemAIDeck status. It should help to construct and edit AI decks.

I hope to find some free time in a couple of weeks to look at this part of the code. Not sure if I will be able to figure out how to implement this feature. My programming skills are fairly limited, but I will try to get something working.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 14 Apr 2011, 17:34

In message: Re: From the Lab/House of Cards Decks Update

Corwin72 wrote:I have almost 100 so far. They have pics and are set up correctly. I just need to write the info about each deck. I have 15 more to update to the proper format. You keep posting decks and I will do my best to add them. I really need easy decks. Most decks that people create are to win. That is a problem... I am looking for one or two of decks that use a lot of commons. Really unfocused.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 14 Apr 2011, 17:37

gos wrote:
Corwin72 wrote:I really need easy decks.
Well, the decks in this category (From the Labs/House of Cards) are often more focused on unusual card interactions than winning, and the power level of those from Building on a Budget is often below tournament-level play.

I think your best bet would be to use the preconstructed Intro/Theme decks from the various sets as a base. They are generally simple, thematic, and their power level is universally derided by competitive players (to put it mildly).
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 14 Apr 2011, 17:39

Chris H. wrote:Might be able to construct a few tribal theme decks using a weakish creature type. Kobolds, Orcs, Dwarves. Add in a few mediocre spells/artifacts and a few medium sized cretures for a little "meat" and it could turn out to be an interesting type of easy deck for people to face.

I also agree that the killer decks that we see on the net do not make good candidates for easy AI decks to face in the early stages of a quest. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Next

Return to Forge Decks