It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:46

Text Size

Blue/Red control

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Blue/Red control

Postby phorce » 05 Sep 2008, 13:45

This is suppose to be aggro/control deck im not very good with magic but this deck plays well, anyways enjoy!
Attachments
RU-mine-1.rar
(590 Bytes) Downloaded 413 times
phorce

Re: Blue/Red control

Postby Mr.Chaos » 06 Sep 2008, 11:55

I played this several times against random decks and lost more than I won.
This is due mainly to the fact that the deck is not really focussed. Too many cards have only 2 copies, making drawing them very hard.

Try to stick to the most usefull cards and put 4 of them in. Also, ditch the Steam Vents for some more mox's (moxes?) as this greatly speeds up your mana base.
You have the right idea, it just needs some work. Keep trying. 8)
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Re: Blue/Red control

Postby GandoTheBard » 06 Sep 2008, 20:51

I havent played with this deck list yet but I can tell you that there are a varying number of ideas about how many of a particular card to put in a deck. The closer to 4 of a kind you get the more focused the deck becomes at the sacrifice of flexibility. My preference is the tool box solution which is you build a deck to do things synergistically but depend on searchers and recursion to do the heavy lifting while the "tools" are kept to 1 or 2 ofs. Actually I find 3 of is normally optimal for a compromise between focus and diversity.

Aggro control needs more focus (I think) to work properly since what you want is to take the aggressive stance and prevent your opponent from punishing you for it. Though there are alot of different ways to do this it usually means having a consistantly fast draw which in turn means a well formed manacurve and mana supply. Ill post my own version of this deck colorcombination in a while.

==Edit==
Ok my preliminary blue&red control deck.
Found a hillarious bug while playing this against the computer. Essence Warden/Soul Warden gains life when you activate a creature land. Which is of course totally wrong but funny nonetheless. Also if you steal someone's creature and then they plow it they gain the life not you, despite you being the controller. Fun fun. I probably reported these bugs before but since MTG Forge will not be fixing bugs in 1 its good for people to know these things to avoid confusion when playing with these decks.
Attachments
blueredcontrol.deck
(767 Bytes) Downloaded 410 times
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge Decks