It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:58

Text Size

Making a List and checking it twice

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Making a List and checking it twice

Postby Vernon » 11 Mar 2012, 10:18

I'm making a list of the characters (opponents) in quest mode that is in excel format. I know there are four difficulties in the quest mode. Since I'm not a tester or a coder (Testing I can do, Coding I won't touch.) Not all of the characters have decks in all difficulties. Six of the decks are user made (in three difficulties, made by timmermac).

I think it would be cool (and a pain for the coders and a challenge for the testers) to have decks in all the difficulties for all the characters in quest mode. This can be done, but not by me. I am not new to the game, but I am new to Forge. The question will become:

Can a deck made for all characters in all difficulty modes? Is this even possible?

I will be adding some missing characters as well. The finished product will be added to the end of the post.

Also, I'm not sure what to make of the quest decks (there are 27 of them). Are they intended for use by new characters (opponents) or what?

Edit:

OK I'm done. There are 177 characters in Quest mode (excluding the quest decks), which are in Sheet1. I've added another 67 characters (obvious ones) which are on Sheet2, bringing the grand total to 244 characters and 976 decks (assuming a deck can be made for every difficulty). Can I get some help in creating decks for the new characters, as well as decks for existing characters for all difficulties?

I'd like to see the quest deck folder fleshed out for more play ability...
Attachments
Forge.rar
177 opponents + quest deck on Sheet1. 67 on Sheet2, these are new additions.
(10.1 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
When playing, card text is important. Read and understand it. It will usually prevent most errors.
Vernon

Re: Making a List and checking it twice

Postby Vernon » 11 Mar 2012, 12:13

I'm wondering if I put this in the wrong section... This could easily go in the Developer's Corner as well, but as it has to with decks, I put it here... Hmmmm...
When playing, card text is important. Read and understand it. It will usually prevent most errors.
Vernon

Postby Chris H. » 11 Mar 2012, 12:34

Each one of the opponents have a theme for their deck. The theme used by Aragorn is "Landfall". Creating four AI-tuned decks using this theme may not be possible.

I see that we currently have an easy and a medium version of the Aragorn "Landfall" themed decks. It may not be possible to create a hard and a very hard variant of this type of theme deck.

It is difficult to write code that makes the AI a stronger opponent and some themes tend not to scale very well through all four difficulty settings. :)

The decks named "quest1" through "quest27" are the special quest opponents and they only become available once you have won 20 matches.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Vernon » 11 Mar 2012, 13:04

I see. Maybe that's why I added some opponents in the 2nd sheet. I'm not very good at creating themed decks. Ideas are my specialty. Ex:

Dracula

BR Vampire Deck
Vernon

Return to Forge Decks