It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 16:41

Text Size

New keyword: spMakeToken

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: New keyword: spMakeToken

Postby friarsol » 13 Oct 2010, 19:38

I couldn't find the abMakeToken thread but it looks like Llanowar Mentor's abMakeToken seems to be conflicting with shouldManaAbility that is processed before it. I'm not sure what the best approach to resolve the issue is. It could just be to move the mana ability blocks to last in this section, or at least move abMakeToken and spMakeToken before it.

A third solution is to convert the two MakeToken checks to use the new AbilityFactory.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 19 Oct 2010, 01:29

I realized the other day that we could add a few lines of code at the end of this keyword and with an SVar we could convert over the Flashback spells that make tokens. I tacked on this code:

Code: Select all
            String fb = card.getSVar("Flashback");
            if (!fb.equals("")) {
                String fbCost[] = fb.split("/");

// fbCost[0] = Flashback mana cost
                // fbCost[1] = Flashback life cost

card.setFlashback(true);
                card.addSpellAbility(CardFactoryUtil.ability_Flashback(card, fbCost[0], fbCost[1]));
            }
        }//end MakeToken
`
I then commented out the code block for Call of the Herd and I modified it's record in the cardsfolder to look like this:

Code: Select all
Name:Call of the Herd
ManaCost:2 G
Types:Sorcery
Text:Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield.
K:spMakeToken<>1<>Elephant<>G 3 3 Elephant<>Controller<>G<>Creature;Elephant<>3<>3<>None
SVar:Flashback:3 G/0
SVar:Rarity:Rare
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/call_of_the_herd.jpg
End
`
I ran a test deck and it works. I even activated the Flashback ability. The only problem was the stack description is missing the card's name. Dragon Fodder on the other hand includes the card name in the stack description and they both are keyworded. :-k

Granted, this system can not be used with targeted spells at this time. I will commit this code and will work on converting the last of the make token spell cards. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 20 Oct 2010, 01:57

Chris H. wrote:I realized the other day that we could add a few lines of code at the end of this keyword and with an SVar we could convert over the Flashback spells that make tokens.
`
I figured out how to fix the Flashback keyword code and it now functional. I removed the now un-needed Flashback code from spMakeToken.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner