It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:54

Text Size

Theros Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Theros Spoiler Season

Postby friarsol » 19 Aug 2013, 14:53

Looks like Spoiler Season has started. Please take a piece of Baklava on your way in.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge_Upcoming

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/theros-spoiler.html

I'm not able to create a branch from here, so if someone wants to branch off the cardsfolder for the new Set that would be much appreciated.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Theros Spoiler Season

Postby swordshine » 27 Aug 2013, 07:53

The new keyword Bestow looks weird.
Bestow [cost] (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
swordshine

Postby Max mtg » 27 Aug 2013, 10:40

Looks alike licids we had implemented long ago. So if it was cast for bestow cost, transform the card. On each SBA check it will have to look for a chance to transform back - sounds like a trigger with condition always
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby swordshine » 27 Aug 2013, 10:45

Templates for the new Mechanics:
Monstroustiy (including two parts, "K:Monstrosity [magnitude]:[cost]" "T:Mode$ BecomeMonstrous"):
Code: Select all
Name:Shipbreaker Kraken
ManaCost:4 U U
Types:Creature Kraken
PT:6/6
K:Monstrosity 4:6 U U
T:Mode$ BecomeMonstrous | ValidCard$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigTap | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAMEs becomes monstrous, tap up to four target creatures. Those creatures don't untap during their controllers' untap steps for as long as you control CARDNAME.
SVar:TrigTap:AB$ Tap | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature | TargetMin$ 0 | TargetMax$ 4 | SubAbility$ DBPump
SVar:DBPump:DB$ Pump | Defined$ Targeted | KW$ HIDDEN CARDNAME doesn't untap during your untap step. | UntilLoseControlOfHost$ True
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/shipbreaker_kraken.jpg
Heroic:
Name:Anax and Cymede
ManaCost:1 R W
Types:Legendary Creature Human Soldier
PT:3/2
K:First Strike
K:Vigilance
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TargetsValid$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerDescription$ Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets CARDNAME, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample until end of turn.
SVar:TrigPump:AB$ PumpAll | Cost$ 0 | ValidCards$ Creature.YouCtrl | KW$ Trample | NumAtt$ +1 | NumDef$ +1
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/anax_and_cymede.jpg
Devotion:
Name:Nylea, God of the Hunt
ManaCost:3 G
Types:Legendary Enchantment Creature God
PT:6/6
K:Indestructible
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | RemoveType$ Creature | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ LT5 | References$ X | Description$ As long as your devotion to green is less than 5, CARDNAME isn't a creature. (Each G in the mana costs of permanents you control counts towards your devotion to green.)
SVar:X:Count$Devotion.G
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Other+YouCtrl | AddKeyword$ Trample | Description$ Other creatures you control have trample.
A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 3 G | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | NumAtt$ +2 | NumDef$ +2 | SpellDescription$ Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/nylea_god_of_the_hunt.jpg
K:Bestow:cost
Name:Leafcrown Dryad
ManaCost:1 G
Types:Enchantment Creature Nymph Dryad
PT:2/2
K:Bestow:3 G
K:Reach
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.EnchantedBy | AddPower$ 2 | AddToughness$ 2 | AddKeyword$ Reach | Description$ Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has reach.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/leafcrown_dryad.jpg
Last edited by swordshine on 08 Sep 2013, 03:48, edited 4 times in total.
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 27 Aug 2013, 12:00

swordshine wrote:I've created the branch and added Monstrousity keyword.
Here is a template for Monstroustiy (including two parts, "K:Monstrousity [magnitude]:[cost]" "T:Mode$ BecomeMonstrous"):
Let's make sure we're using the American English spelling "Monstrosity"

Max mtg wrote:Looks alike licids we had implemented long ago. So if it was cast for bestow cost, transform the card. On each SBA check it will have to look for a chance to transform back - sounds like a trigger with condition always
Doesn't look like a trigger (since triggers are too slow). We can just put it in the code where Auras are put into the graveyard if not attached to things. Instead of dying, Bestowed Auras animate back into creatures.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby swordshine » 27 Aug 2013, 12:19

friarsol wrote:Let's make sure we're using the American English spelling "Monstrosity"
Fixed.
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 27 Aug 2013, 12:23

Just read something annoying about Bestowed. Apparently if cast as an Aura and it's target is illegal when on the Stack it still resolves as a creature.

https://twitter.com/TabakRules/statuses ... 6903556098
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby swordshine » 27 Aug 2013, 12:45

friarsol wrote:Just read something annoying about Bestowed. Apparently if cast as an Aura and it's target is illegal when on the Stack it still resolves as a creature.

https://twitter.com/TabakRules/statuses ... 6903556098
I think we should tweak MagicStack.hasFizzled(SpellAbility, Card, boolean).

Devotion and Chroma are almost the same.

Which is the better script for "Heroic", TriggerSpellCast or TriggerBecomesTarget?
swordshine

Postby Hellfish » 27 Aug 2013, 13:06

BecomesTarget, I would say.We use it that way elsewhere IIRC.
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Postby swordshine » 27 Aug 2013, 13:28

Thassa, God of the Sea
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God

So God is both an Enchantment type and a Creature type. Am I right?
swordshine

Postby Sloth » 27 Aug 2013, 13:34

swordshine wrote:Thassa, God of the Sea

No, i'm sure it's not an Enchantment type. For reference: Construct is not an artifact type, Dryad is not a land type.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby swordshine » 27 Aug 2013, 13:45

Sloth wrote:No, i'm sure it's not an Enchantment type. For reference: Construct is not an artifact type, Dryad is not a land type.
"God are living enchantments" is one of mechanics of Theros, that's why I'm not sure.
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 27 Aug 2013, 14:03

swordshine wrote:
Sloth wrote:No, i'm sure it's not an Enchantment type. For reference: Construct is not an artifact type, Dryad is not a land type.
"God are living enchantments" is one of mechanics of Theros, that's why I'm not sure.
While it is unclear, the fact that there aren't any type-less creatures make me agree with Sloth. God seems to be a creature type, not an enchantment type.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Diogenes » 27 Aug 2013, 14:22

Seeing as the text of that card was reported second hand, there's also the possibility that god is an actual type in addition to enchantment and creature. We'll probably find out this weekend, they're bound to spoil either a whole card or give the info along with showing the new special frame.
Diogenes

Postby friarsol » 27 Aug 2013, 14:25

Diogenes wrote:

Seeing as the text of that card was reported second hand, there's also the possibility that god is an actual type in addition to enchantment and creature. We'll probably find out this weekend, they're bound to spoil either a whole card or give the info along with showing the new special frame.
Very unlikely since it would make Tarmogoyf better. It makes more sense as a Creature type.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Developer's Corner