It is currently 23 May 2024, 13:52

Text Size

Forge version 1.4.8 (1.5.0)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge version 1.4.8 (1.5.0)

Postby Chris H. » 01 Sep 2013, 23:02

Tentative target release date: Friday September 20.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge version 1.4.8 (1.5.0)

Postby spr » 01 Sep 2013, 23:59

My plans for 1.4.8 -

• Card overlay options added to game menu including new Card Id.
    CardOverlaysMenu.png
  • Custom names for player and AI. I have always found it ironic that the AI gets to have a name but we the players are "the Human". So I will add a setting to let you personalize your copy of Forge with your name. Fed up with playing against boring Justin or Sharon? How about a match-up against Vildar Wild-eyes, Chicken Tumbler, or Devilish Neutron? Well now you can with a new feature that lets you specify the names that can be randomly assigned to the AI.
    ainames.png
  • If you use the Zoomer to examine cards then one big drawback is if the card image is missing since all you have to look at is the default image - you are forced to use the Card Detail view to get the details. To me, that breaks the immersion and makes Forge seem more like a card database than a card game. So, I have added the ability to generate mock card images at runtime so that all the info on the Card Detail pane is overlayed onto a card template image and which is then treated just like any normal card image.
    mockcard.png

Cheers,
Steve
spr

Postby moomarc » 02 Sep 2013, 08:31

Looks great Steve!

My plans are to try get at least one more skin up. Haven't done anything for too long. Unfortunately I haven't slept in two days because work is a bit hectic, but should clear up soon.

The skin I'm working on is just a tribute to Icewind Dale. Here's the match background as it stands so far:
Attachments
bg_match.jpg
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby spr » 02 Sep 2013, 09:01

Very nice Marc - if it is halfway as good as your Journeyman skin then that will make three I would use on a regular basis (Default being the other). Now that drdev has made the setting more accessible and visible via the Layout menu hopefully it will encourage others to contribute some new skins as well.

Cheers,
Steve
spr

Postby Luxis » 02 Sep 2013, 11:49

Holyshit! That's awesome, man! Seriously, very nice adds!

There's also something I have in my mind for a long time, maybe here is the place to say it.

Like there's a key to attack with every creature possible, could there be one to block as well? I made a deck based on tokens, so.. with it, I put many, many creatures on the battlefield. Of course it wouldn't be just one key to assign blocks for to everyattacking creature, then, I was thinking: Maybe if you press CTRL, for example, and click on a group of 5 cards, and they all block the same! : )
But there's still another occasion, where you get attacked by a ton of 1/1, and you have too, a lot of 1/1 to block, and oh man, too many clicks. Maybe a panel with the player describing the target creature he wants to block, like selecting the power and toughtness, then, the same for the blocking ones. It would be something like:

"Block all creatures with <player input>" (for example '1/1'), "All creatures with <player input> will block 'previous player input' ".

Hahaha, I don't know, something like that.

I know, I know.. it's not so easy to program something like this, I know, I'm a programmer as well, but it is possbile, so.. just an idea. : )

I have many other ideas about Forge and elements that could make the playing experience even more pleasant, but I don't remember right now.. haha.. Maybe some other time.

Sorry for my bad english.

Keep up the great work, guys. Cheers.
Luxis

Postby drdev » 02 Sep 2013, 14:00

spr wrote:Very nice Marc - if it is halfway as good as your Journeyman skin then that will make three I would use on a regular basis (Default being the other). Now that drdev has made the setting more accessible and visible via the Layout menu hopefully it will encourage others to contribute some new skins as well.

Cheers,
Steve
I'm actually really close to releasing my skin refactoring that supports changing skins on the fly without restarting. I expect that will encourage new skins even more.

After that, I'm going to get back to enhancing the search filters for Deck Editor and then work on adding the card view to the tables on that view, then start incorporating the ItemManager into the match screen for different zones.

My goal is to at least finish the skin enhancement and filters for 1.4.8.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 02 Sep 2013, 15:51

spr wrote:[*] Card overlay options added to game menu including new Card Id.
Would you be able to add an option where I can pick which are shown in my hand and which on the battlefield? I don't really need P/T in my hand, and I don't really need mana cost on the BF. Thanks!
Xitax

Postby spr » 02 Sep 2013, 20:47

Xitax wrote:Would you be able to add an option where I can pick which are shown in my hand and which on the battlefield? I don't really need P/T in my hand, and I don't really need mana cost on the BF. Thanks!
Moved to GUI discussion thread - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11583&p=130820#p130820.
spr

Postby friarsol » 04 Sep 2013, 19:09

Hellfish (or anyone else that has some),

Can you post some Commander decks so I can test Commander out? I'm a bit lazy and don't feel like putting it together myself, but I'd love to test it before the next release.

Additionally, once upon a time we'd say we'd bump the minor release number when Commander was completed, it seems like that time may be now or soonish.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hellfish » 04 Sep 2013, 20:33

friarsol wrote:Hellfish (or anyone else that has some),

Can you post some Commander decks so I can test Commander out? I'm a bit lazy and don't feel like putting it together myself, but I'd love to test it before the next release.

Additionally, once upon a time we'd say we'd bump the minor release number when Commander was completed, it seems like that time may be now or soonish.
Here ya go,all of Gos' current Command Tower decks, tweaked to work in non-developer mode commander. :)
Gos'll be rereleasing these decks tweaked as well once we release.
Attachments
command tower.zip
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 08 Sep 2013, 15:19

friarsol wrote:Additionally, once upon a time we'd say we'd bump the minor release number when Commander was completed, it seems like that time may be now or soonish.

We can release the next beta as 1.5.0
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Max mtg » 20 Sep 2013, 17:38

Chris H. wrote:Tentative target release date: Friday September 20.
IS the release being delayed?
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 20 Sep 2013, 18:29

Considering Theros was just merged it might be good to either delay till Monday so people in the trunk can find bugs, or maybe just advertise a nightly build as a "Theros Prerelease Build" for anyone who wants it, and then release 1.5 next Friday.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 20 Sep 2013, 23:07

I was not able to release the beta this morning and decided that it would be best to delay the release for a few days to a week as Sol has suggested.

Want to make sure that the Theros cards are fairly stable and bug free. And this gives the snapshot users a chance to test them.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Max mtg » 21 Sep 2013, 09:20

If so it is, and minor version number gets incremented, I'll attempt to implement another feature - will put game core in a separate module, so that the remaining code (GUI client and console client to be used for simulations) module would import it and make sure game core does not depend on clients.

This might include massive source file moves, so it's good noone is working in their branches.
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Next

Return to Developer's Corner