It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 09:18

Text Size

Introducing the Forge Workshop

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Introducing the Forge Workshop

Postby pufthemajicdragon » 16 Jul 2014, 08:39

Just saw this feature for the first time and wanted to say "Wow". Great idea, I love it. I'm super excited about the possibility of editing/creating cards within the Forge GUI. Up til now I've been playing with custom cards by creating new "pets" of various types - which has a number of limitations.

But the real reason I came here was to find out if I'm doing something wrong. I was running Forge 1.5.19 snapshot and the workshop didn't seem to work - I could click on any card in the catalog and nothing happens. No script is displayed, no other options are activated. I do get the card's art to appear in the picture box and its text in the detail box, but that's it. I just installed 1.5.21-r26540 and it's the same.

If I'm doing something wrong, I'll probably figure it out. But if there's a bug, compatibility issue (Java version 7 update 55 (build 1.7.0_55-b14) on Windows 8.1), or the feature has been scaled back, then I should find out here.

As for most anticipated improvements, my vote goes to custom card/set creation. I wish I could contribute to that, but between my work and other real life responsibilities, I barely have time to play Forge/Magic, much less help develop it.

And this seems as good a place as any - I know I've sometimes come off as a jerk in these forums in the past. I just want to say that in spite of my poor social skills, I really do appreciate all of the effort you devs put into this program. It's one of the best applications on the internet and it's a mainstay of my limited entertainment time. If I can contribute in any way that my very limited time will allow, such as donations or helping to script a few new cards, I'd be happy to help.
pufthemajicdragon

Re: Introducing the Forge Workshop

Postby drdev » 18 Jul 2014, 07:13

I've fixed Workshop so the card scripts show up again, although only when running from source.
drdev
Programmer

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner