It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:39

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.8

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.8

Postby drdev » 25 Dec 2013, 18:46

Agetian wrote:No problem at all! By the way, not sure if you're going to find it relevant, but I think the culprit on Linux is exactly the drawRoundRect call - leaving the Paint method in FDialog overridden but substituting drawRoundRect with drawRect (like you do on systems that don't support setShape) seems to cause no static to appear (but the border looks weird because it doesn't match the shape of the window, which makes the corners appear off).

- Agetian
Hmm, that may be quite relevant, as it wasn't what I was expecting. Would you be ok with just having rectangular borders on a rectangular dialog? At least if I can't find another way to get rounded borders to work.

Also, could somebody else using Linux let me know if they see the same problem, or if it's just Agetian? If it's not all Linux users, I can always add a simple preference that anyone experiencing issues could turn on, that way other Linux users can have rounded borders.

EDIT: So I found this article that may indicate the problem.

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/63393/

Agetian, if you just comment out the line that sets up anti-aliasing, does that fix it? If it does, can you try installing this Cairo thing and see if that fixes it with anti-aliasing turned on? And if that works, does anybody know how common this would come up?
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 26 Dec 2013, 05:04

Ok, I did some further tests: commenting out the line that turns on antialiasing definitely solves the problem for good - I can see the rounded borders (yes, they are aliased a bit, but that's so minor that I think nobody will care, to be honest - if I didn't know I was turning off antialiasing, I probably would have been none the wiser), the dialog boxes look beautiful and there are no issues with broken borders or static on top of buttons or window frames. So, disabling antialiasing for dialog box frames on Linux is certainly one way to solve it. I also think it's a better solution than reverting to the (uglier) square corners on square dialogs.

I wanted to test out the Cairo thing but I couldn't understand what it was exactly that I needed to install... I'm not using Eclipse (I'm coding in NetBeans), so I couldn't check if maybe it's some kind of an Eclipse thing. I went into my software center and did a check for Cairo and found something like 60 or 70 different programs and libraries that had the word "cairo" in them, starting with the Cairo dock for the desktop (which, I assume, is not what you were referring to) and a whole bunch of different libraries. The basic cairo library, libcairo2, is installed on my system already, but I don't think that's for Java, it's a standard C library for applications coded in C or C++. I haven't found any specific bindings for Java, but there are many extra libraries and bindings in the repository... Do you know what it is exactly I need to install? (it's not apparent from that thread you linked, it looks like everybody in that thread already knows what they're talking about).

EDIT: By the way, while we're discussing Linux issues, I wanted to raise another one (not a major one by any standard, but a curious one nonetheless): did anyone else experience Forge being unable to go into fullscreen mode on Linux from time to time? It's actually a funny issue I'm experiencing all the time, and to be honest, I have no idea what it's caused by: sometimes Forge will launch right into fullscreen, but sometimes it'll be unable to acquire the entire screen and the taskbar will still be on the screen (and switching between fullscreen and non-fullscreen will not help). Restarting Forge until it finally does go fullscreen helps. Not sure if it's only a peculiar feature of my DE (I'm using KDE 4.10) or if it happens generally on Linux (both my Linux boxes use KDE, so I can't tell :\ ).

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 26 Dec 2013, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Max mtg » 26 Dec 2013, 11:30

The gui calls wipeout is going well, there remain some 70-80 calls in the whole game+ai module
Will also have to remove preferences from there, correct the cost payment code (that's because we have 3 copies of that code - 2 for human, and at least one for AI).
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner