It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:35

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.11

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.11

Postby Max mtg » 25 Jan 2014, 21:34

Xitax wrote:Hey Max, does it include the option to exclude non-expansion sets like Duel Decks and FTV?
There is no such option.

On the first attempt it tries to find the earliest set for each card only among core sets and expansions. If any card is not found in core sets (there are some exclusive cards in CMD and C13), the attempt is repeated with that restriction removed for the rest of the deck.
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby drdev » 25 Jan 2014, 22:38

Max mtg wrote:I have added a column to DeckManager - the earliest set when all cards were already printed. (there is also a function in CardEdition.Collection to calculate this value out from CardPool)
It can be useful to order decks chronologically.

Since gui is not my area of expertise, I leave up to drdev a decision whether to use and where to use that column, how to name it and etc...

@Agetian
I've changed a lot in CardDb internals, so if anything went wrong with sets assignment in decks being read or deck recognition, please let me know
I'll probably make it an optional column that can be made visible once I get ItemManager options working, unless people thing such a column would be a more useful default than the Format column?
drdev
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 26 Jan 2014, 04:05

Max mtg wrote:
Xitax wrote:Hey Max, does it include the option to exclude non-expansion sets like Duel Decks and FTV?
There is no such option.

On the first attempt it tries to find the earliest set for each card only among core sets and expansions. If any card is not found in core sets (there are some exclusive cards in CMD and C13), the attempt is repeated with that restriction removed for the rest of the deck.
Excellent - I think this is the way it should work anyway.
Xitax

Postby moomarc » 26 Jan 2014, 16:47

Vanguard has been moved to Constructed match setup. Only issue I've come across is that sometimes the first few vanguard avatar selections can be slow to register, and on the minimum screen resolution, the card info panel takes up too much space. But it works otherwise. And with that we have our first multi variant matches possible. Fun stuff! :mrgreen:
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Agetian » 26 Jan 2014, 17:06

Great stuff, Marc! Sadly, I wasn't able to compile Forge with the latest changes, maybe some class wasn't committed or something like that?... Here's the log.
EDIT: Tried to fix compilation in r24514, please check to see if everything is right.

Code: Select all
Compiling 518 source files to /home/agetian/NetBeansProjects/trunk/forge-gui/target/classes
-------------------------------------------------------------
COMPILATION ERROR :
forge/gui/framework/EDocID.java:[32,30] cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class VSubmenuVanguard
forge/gui/home/sanctioned/CSubmenuConstructed.java:[27,30] cannot find symbol
forge/gui/framework/EDocID.java:[87,20] cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable VSubmenuVanguard
3 errors
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reactor Summary:

Forge Parent ...................................... SUCCESS [0.159s]
Forge Core ........................................ SUCCESS [2.000s]
Forge Game ........................................ SUCCESS [2.225s]
Forge AI .......................................... SUCCESS [0.021s]
Forge ............................................. FAILURE [3.798s]
BUILD FAILURE
Total time: 8.555s
Finished at: Sun Jan 26 21:04:45 VOLT 2014
Final Memory: 42M/1025M
Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project forge-gui: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
forge/gui/framework/EDocID.java:[32,30] cannot find symbol
forge/gui/home/sanctioned/CSubmenuConstructed.java:[27,30] cannot find symbol
forge/gui/framework/EDocID.java:[87,20] cannot find symbol
symbol:   variable VSubmenuVanguard
-> [Help 1]
- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby moomarc » 26 Jan 2014, 18:50

Thanks Agetian. I removed the two Vanguard setup files just before committing and looks like I missed deleting that line in CSubmenuConstructed (was only in there from a paste and auto import) and I just missed committing that EDocID file. Appreciate the quick fix.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Agetian » 26 Jan 2014, 18:51

No problem, Marc! :)

One issue with the Vanguard mode (unless I'm missing something): is it possible to somehow specify that I'd like to use the avatar specified in the deck (the deck-default avatar)? For instance, I have a deck prepared for Momir Basic which has 60 basic lands in it and Momir Vig, Simic Visionary avatar. Previously it was possible to specify the "use deck default avatar" option so that the game would always use the avatar from the deck. Right now I was unable to find that ability and I always have to choose the avatar manually even if there's one already in the deck.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby moomarc » 26 Jan 2014, 19:03

Sorry, that should be in the list of options now for each player instead of a global option. I obviously forgot to add it again when I refactored some of the stuff. I can't check right now, but to fix it look in VSubmenuConstructed.java, second last method at the end if the file. It should insert it just before "Random", something like "Use deck's default Vanguard avatar (random if not available)". Just check the vanguard section in the start game function in CSubmenuConstructed to make sure the start of the string matches. I think it checks if the selection is a string and starts with "use deck's default". Sorry, should have waited till I had more time to go over with a fine tooth comb, but I really wanted to get one more variant in before this new week starts, because I'm overloaded with work and unlikely to sleep much. So development is probably out for me the rest of this week.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby friarsol » 27 Jan 2014, 03:24

r24517
AI casts Due Respect on me during my upkeep. When I play a land, it correctly ETB tapped. But the UI doesn't show the land to actually be tapped, so when I try to cast a spell it's in this confusing state where I think I have available mana but I really don't.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Max mtg » 27 Jan 2014, 08:20

Is there any defined release Date yet?
Will everyone be fine with 31.01.14?
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby moomarc » 27 Jan 2014, 09:11

I won't be able to move any more variants across in time, but I'm happy with where it is for now. Maybe we should just disable the checkboxes for Commander and Archenemy instead of the warning message that it currently gives when trying to start a match with either of those two variants?
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Agetian » 27 Jan 2014, 09:54

@ Max: I don't have any problem with the 31st of January.

@ Marc: Yes, sounds like a good idea - then, two variants can make it into the upcoming release and it'll be clear that the other two are not ready yet, and you'll be able to get on with moving them over as a part of the next beta development cycle.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 27 Jan 2014, 16:29

Here's something odd I noticed about the behavior of cards with different art indexes lately. It definitely happens in Quest Mode, I'm not sure if other modes are affected. Card art seems to become randomized between sessions. For instance, if you have four islands, each with unique art, after you restart Forge you may end up with 3 of them having the same art and 1 having some other art, or 2 of them sharing art and two other ones having different art. You may even end up with all four cards having the same art.

A simple way to reproduce this is to start a new quest, go into the quest shop and buy 1 land with each art (say, 1+1+1+1 Mountains and 1+1+1+1 Forests). Go into the quest deck editor and make sure that it's all fine. Restart Forge, take a look at your lands. Some of them may become randomized (as far as art goes). Restart Forge again. It might randomize things once more.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?.. I don't think it used to happen before, at least I've just noticed this recently.

EDIT: This definitely affects Constructed as well. Tried it with a Constructed deck and got art randomization upon reload.

EDIT: The more I test it, the more it looks like something got broken in the art index code related to the fact that the art indexes are 1-based instead of 0-based. I used to store the art index as 1-based and then convert it back to 0-based upon loading. The current code apparently tries to make the art index fully 1-based everywhere but I'm uncertain if it correctly does that everywhere where necessary. This may me the issue, or maybe not. Anyhow, it's definitely not clear for me how to get this fixed, let alone fixed in a clean and reliable way, so if you know how to fix it, please do because the art index feature has become pretty much useless with the unwanted randomization applied on every reload...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 27 Jan 2014, 17:05

Max mtg wrote:Is there any defined release Date yet?
Will everyone be fine with 31.01.14?

I recently updated my computer’s OS to Mavericks. Before I updated my OS I had Subversion 1.6 installed. Upgrading to Mavericks installed Subversion 1.7 and this is creating an incompatibility when using the build and deploy Maven commands.

svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
svn: E155036: Working copy '/Users/me/Workspace_SVN/ForgeSVN' is too old (format 10, created by Subversion 1.6)

The snapshot build and deploy Maven command will actually upload the forge archive to the server.

The beta build and deploy Maven command does not upload the forge archive to the server.

I quit Eclipse and opened a terminal window. I cd-ed to the forge project directory and issued the

command:

svn upgrade

and this should upgrade my project to Subversion 1.7.

I relaunch Eclipse and attempt to synchronize with our repo and I get the following error report:

Attachments
Screen Shot.jpg
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Max mtg » 27 Jan 2014, 17:10

let's have someone else build the distributive then.
A Unix-based machine is needed, as I understand?
Max mtg
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner