It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:55

Text Size

[Suggestion] Video Tutorial for developing Forge

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

[Suggestion] Video Tutorial for developing Forge

Postby oskarolw » 05 Feb 2014, 14:30

Hello, I have been a forge user for many years and a few months ago I got the idea that I wanted to contribute to this fantastic software. I did however find it very hard to

A. Setup a development environment that works
B. Figure out the structure of the code

What I would like to suggest is for one of the experienced developers working with Forge to create one or more short tutorials to help the rest of us get up and running, I would really like to help you guys but I feel like I can't quite get there! The written How to get started does help to some extent and I have had the environment running a few times but after a few updates it keeps breaking.

I realize that this might be an annoying task but I just wanted to put it out there for you to consider.

I think short Youtube-videos would be a good way to present the information.
oskarolw

Re: [Suggestion] Video Tutorial for developing Forge

Postby Chris H. » 06 Feb 2014, 01:16

Sounds like an interesting idea. I can not volunteer to do this myself. The Forge project has changed a number of times over the years and this would likely require that these intro videos to be redone when the changes take place.

If you are having problems and/or have questions to ask then I would suggest that you post these to the Forge forums. As a moderator I enjoy seeing the various discussions. :)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Developer's Corner