It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:38

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.13

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.13

Postby Agetian » 10 Feb 2014, 10:37

Yeah, I got the same feeling earlier, so I have already taken the liberty of changing the default from true to false and rewriting the definition files to match it. :)

Hmm, not sure about the algorithm, can you please tell me what is wrong with it? Right now, for editions that have "FoilAlwaysInCommonSlot=False" specified in them, the algorithm defines which slot the foil will go into, then generates one less card in that slot and generates an extra foil card in that slot from the print sheet corresponding to the slot (so, if I understand correctly, it'll generate an extra foil rare in the rare slot, an extra foil uncommon in the uncommon slot, etc.), which seems to correspond to the definition above... Can you please tell me what I'm missing?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Max mtg » 10 Feb 2014, 10:57

Oh, I was unaware that you've already fixed it in 24755
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 11 Feb 2014, 02:43

Definitely seems like there's something wrong with the Foil replacement in boosters/draft. I just ran three drafts with the first booster being DGM. And all of them had my first pack with 16 cards (I had a foil, but no common was replaced, or in the case where the Land was the foil, the Land slot wasn't replaced)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 11 Feb 2014, 04:29

Hmm, that's odd, I'll look into it when I get home unless anyone figures it out before me. Another question which crossed my mind is: can you have 2 of the same card in a booster, one foil and one non-foil, or is the foil unique as well?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 11 Feb 2014, 04:46

Agetian wrote:Hmm, that's odd, I'll look into it when I get home unless anyone figures it out before me. Another question which crossed my mind is: can you have 2 of the same card in a booster, one foil and one non-foil, or is the foil unique as well?

- Agetian
You can have the duplicate cards if one of them is Foil (as long as a Foil wouldn't be replacing that card slot, as in the case with the DFC slot or the Gate slot). Plenty of excited players had WWK packs with a JTMS and a Foil JTMS.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Max mtg » 11 Feb 2014, 04:51

DGM common slot has a slightly different name. Didn't match the constant.
Will work with 24812
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby drdev » 12 Feb 2014, 04:08

I just committed an enhancement so decks of all types can be marked as a Favorite by toggling a star icon in the list view. Favorites are sorted to the top of DeckManagers by default. Here's an example:

FavoritePrecons.png

Keep in mind this is available to all DeckManagers, including Drafts, Sealed, Quest Decks, Constructed (home screen) and All Decks (editor).

As you can see from the screenshot, I also made it so the Folder column is no longer shown for DeckManagers besides Custom User Decks and All Decks in the constructed Deck Editor.

I also made it so the most recent deck being edited in the constructed Deck Editor is now remembered between sessions.

As always, feel free to let me know if you have any feedback on these changes.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 15 Feb 2014, 03:05

Dan,

Is there any ETA on when the column hiding/preferences is going to be reenabled? I thought you said you were trying to get it in the last release, and now that you've started working on Android stuff I worry it's just going to be broken forever.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 15 Feb 2014, 04:40

friarsol wrote:Dan,
Is there any ETA on when the column hiding/preferences is going to be reenabled? I thought you said you were trying to get it in the last release, and now that you've started working on Android stuff I worry it's just going to be broken forever.
This actually crossed my mind yesterday too, so I second this sentiment and question.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 15 Feb 2014, 15:32

r24847: I just committed some rather major changes to the targeting overlay system. The changes are as follows:
- Improved the visual appearance of targeting arrows.
- Targeting overlay now displays arrows for creatures attacking planeswalkers.
- Combat arrows (blocking creatures, attacking planeswalkers) are now displayed in red while non-combat arrows are displayed in the more neutral theme-based color.
- Optimized the display of targeting arrows in "always on" mode (should be somewhat faster when many arrows are displayed at once).
- Some refactoring and minor fixes in targeting overlay code.

r24848: Individual theming is now supported for both types of targeting arrows:
- Non-combat and combat targeting arrows are now themed (use CLR_NORMAL_TARGETING_ARROW and CLR_COMBAT_TARGETING_ARROW).
- Default theme is updated to include a demonstration of where and how to specify the targeting arrow colors.
- Themes which do not have the targeting arrow colors specified will use the default red color with 60% opacity for the combat arrow and CLR_ACTIVE with 60% opacity (as before) for the non-combat arrow.
- Combat targeting arrow opacity is now defined by the theme, not hard-coded.

I tested the changes in quite a few matches and it seems to work fine, but some roughness is to be expected in case I missed something. Also, the following may be improved later but I'm not sure how to do it on my own / whether it should even be done:

- Targeting arrow heads probably would have looked neater if they pointed accurately into the same point on the card instead of overlapping each other, but all the math magic with the calculations of sizes and trajectories of arrows is beyond my comprehension, so if anyone would like to do this, be my guest (otherwise, I'm OK with the way it is at the moment, it's been like that for quite a while and I got used to it :)).
- Switching from "mouse-over" to "always on" targeting overlay mode sometimes makes the planeswalker attacker arrows not appear as they should until the next time the attack will be made. Will fix if I find a way to, otherwise it's not a huge deal - POSSIBLY FIXED by r24848, additional testing in progress.

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 15 Feb 2014, 18:01, edited 2 times in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby moomarc » 15 Feb 2014, 15:47

I'm almost ready to commit moving Archenemy into constructed match setup. Just a few more things to work out:
- changing which player is the archenemy can leave the previous one's team selection combo box disabled.
- Players in multiplayer matches are ignoring team restrictions, so will attack a player non the same team.
- Need to implement team victories

Also, is anyone else having an issue where schemes aren't being displayed in the Command zone? Or is it something I've done in my code? (Can't imagine what). Supervillain rumble does work though and is fun, although the other players ganging up on you is not!
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Agetian » 15 Feb 2014, 15:50

moomarc wrote:Also, is anyone else having an issue where schemes aren't being displayed in the Command zone? Or is it something I've done in my code? (Can't imagine what). Supervillain rumble does work though and is fun, although the other players ganging up on you is not!
Yes, I'm having the same issue... :( Not sure what is causing it, but I recall it used to work some time ago (haven't played Archenemy in a month or so, but it used to show up correctly in the command zone before).

EDIT: I tried figuring out what might be causing it, but to no avail... If anybody knows where to look for the source of this bug and how to fix it, please take a look when you have some time :\

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 15 Feb 2014, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 15 Feb 2014, 16:59

Agetian wrote:
friarsol wrote:Dan,
This actually crossed my mind yesterday too, so I second this sentiment and question.

- Agetian
I haven't forgotten about this. I just felt like taking a short break from ItemManager stuff since the next release isn't until 2/21 at the earliest, so I decided to start getting things organized for the mobile app.

I plan to have column hiding and ItemManager preferences working by the 2/21 release at the latest. The only reason I didn't have it done by last release was because we moved the release up a week and I didn't have time.
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 15 Feb 2014, 20:15

In light of recent concerns, I decided to spend some time today working on supporting editor preferences again.

I eliminated the Preferences pane of the Deck Editor screen, instead putting the checkboxes in the list view options pane of each ItemManager based on available columns, as well as a "Unique Cards Only" checkbox for the Contructed Catalog. This options pane is hidden by default; to show it, simply click the View Options button to the right of the Image View button.

Since I was removing the Preferences pane anyway, I also modified the default layout for the Deck Editor to have the All Decks and Deckgen panes in the same dock as the Catalog, which, in my testing, has felt like a good place to have them since you can see more decks listed, and the Current Deck pane can remain visible while opening or generating different decks.

The result of these changes looks like this:

DeckEditorUpdates.png

Note that I haven't yet made it so editor preferences are saved between sessions, but I will be working on that next.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 17 Feb 2014, 07:49

After much refactoring, I was able to get things set up so most ItemManager options are saved between sessions (and when switching back and forth between screens). Rather than all Catalogs and all Decks sharing the same options as before, each ItemManager now is set up with a ItemManagerConfig enum value which determines its configuration options. This plays nicer with new restrictions limiting which columns are available to certain ItemManagers, as well as allows more customization options between the different screens.

The following ItemManager options are now saved:

• List vs. Image View
  • Group by
  • Pile by
  • Columns (Image View)
  • Show/Hide Filters
  • Unique Cards Only
  • Column visibility, widths, positions, and sorting
I still plan to support saving filters between sessions (and to a separate backup file for manual loading), but that is going to be a bit tricky and I didn't feel it was necessary right now.

Are there any other ItemManager related options that people feel should be saved? Also, should any of the default options be tweaked.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner