It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:23

Text Size

Deck editor columns (and other woes)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Deck editor columns (and other woes)

Postby RumbleBBU » 25 Feb 2014, 08:36

Ok, stupid question time. I found no topic where this belonged so I started a new one, sorry.

Simple question: without source-stabbing, how the bloody heck do you make the "AI" column visible in the deck editor now?

It is set show="true" in my editor preferences file. It just fails to show up in the editor, and there is no in-game choice to display/hide columns.

I'm currently working on a potential new world and trying to optimize the decks for the AI...without this column, you can forget it. Not going to happen.

Also, the deck import dialog no longer seems to recognize specific set codes - previously you could specifically ask for, e.g., 5th Edition Ironclaw Orcs, by typing "Ironclaw Orcs|5ED" into the import dialog. In the current version of the import dialog, this simply causes the entire line to be unrecognized. This too makes world development quite a bit harder. :(

While I applaud the new functionality in the editor, I'm sorry to see that features that were extremely helpful when designing new worlds, were lost in the process.
RumbleBBU

Re: Deck editor columns (and other woes)

Postby Max mtg » 25 Feb 2014, 09:27

There's a fix for you: r24975 <- Deck import now supports foils and explicit art indices
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Re: Deck editor columns (and other woes)

Postby drdev » 25 Feb 2014, 15:23

The editor.preferences file is obsolete, and the Preferences pane of the Deck Editor has been removed. Now, as of 1.5.13, each ItemManager can have its options configured individually on its View Options panel.

To show the AI column, simply go to the List View of the ItemManager you want to show the column on and click the View Options button (to the right of the Image View toggle button). This will show a panel containing checkboxes for each column. Your choice will be remembered between sessions. You can toggle the View Options button again to hide this panel.
drdev
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner