It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:41

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.15

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.15

Postby drdev » 27 Mar 2014, 04:53

Since I was already working on the desktop application a bit today and since I have been working recently on the Stack for the mobile game, I decided it would be a good time to finally add card image support to the Stack, for real this time. The result looks something like this:

StackCardView.png

Note that this is turned on by default and I removed the old CARD_STACK_VIEW preference since that dealt with my previous attempt at a card view for the stack, which had never really worked quite right and would have been near impossible to get working for all possible cards and effects.

Also note that to accommodate the taller stack items, I added scrolling support to the Stack pane.

Let me know if the image size works for everyone or if I should tweak it at all.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 27 Mar 2014, 05:12

I love this new feature, Dan! However, I have an issue with it: it doesn't seem to like to wrap the text too much and it introduces horizontal scrolling. I have to make my panel like 1.25x - 1.3x wider than I normally have it in order for the horizontal scrollbar to disappear and for all the text to appear at the same time. Horizontal scrolling is ugly though, and I have to do it all the time if I want to keep the horizontal size of my stack small enough like I normally do. Screenshots attached.

This is the stack at my normal size:
stack1.png

And this is how wide I have to make it for the scrollbar to disappear and for everything to fit (might seem like not that much wider but actually it's that much smaller size of the main battlefield, which is a lot, to be honest, even at 1920x1080):
stack2.png

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 28 Mar 2014, 00:47

@Agetian - I've fixed the horizontal scroll issue in r25272. I also cleaned up the layout of multiple stack items and improved how vertical scrolling works. The result looks like this:

StackCardView2.png

Let me know if there's anything else I need to tweak.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 28 Mar 2014, 04:27

Looks great now, Dan! I think it's perfect, at least to my taste. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby VladVoivode » 28 Mar 2014, 13:45

Chris H. wrote:Tentative target release date: Friday March 28 2014.

I go to settlement on my new home on March 17. :D

I can not predict how much time I will be able to devote to the forge project. :(
Chris,

First off, congratulations on your new house!! I hope all goes well for you!!!

Second, with your possible (likely) decreased involvement with Forge, will that affect Forge in such a way that the project will end?

I am still creating sounds for Forge and even writing some optional music for it so I'll be sending what I have done soon. I am doing some post-processing.

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby drdev » 28 Mar 2014, 14:07

VladVoivode wrote:
Chris H. wrote:Tentative target release date: Friday March 28 2014.

I go to settlement on my new home on March 17. :D

I can not predict how much time I will be able to devote to the forge project. :(
Chris,

First off, congratulations on your new house!! I hope all goes well for you!!!

Second, with your possible (likely) decreased involvement with Forge, will that affect Forge in such a way that the project will end?

I am still creating sounds for Forge and even writing some optional music for it so I'll be sending what I have done soon. I am doing some post-processing.

Best,
Vlad
No offense meant to Chris of course, who has done awesome work for Forge, but Forge is a lot bigger than any one person working on it. So, no, Forge is not in danger of being abandoned anytime soon. I know I will continue to work hard at it, and I know other developers here would say the same.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 28 Mar 2014, 23:10

My decreased involvement with Forge will not cause to project to end. Instead, I will not be able to release new snapshots and betas as often as I have in the past.

It was suggested that I assign someone else to run the Maven goals that cause a build and deploy. I am not comfortable with assigning this responsibility to someone.

And no one has volunteered to help in the build and deploy. 8)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner