It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:22

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.16

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.16

Postby KrazyTheFox » 25 Apr 2014, 01:00

I've committed card stacks for "other" cards. I thoroughly tested it before committing, but there may be some lingering bugs or cases I haven't accounted for. It works for both artifacts and enchantments (and Planeswalkers, if it were possible to have 2+ on your field). I'll be adding the JOU intro decks in a few minutes, too, so those will be available for the release alongside the rest of the set.

Edit: Ran out of time to check out the Android stuff. I've been away from home most of the day and I needed something easier to work on. I have much more time tomorrow and will definitely take a look then.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 25 Apr 2014, 05:48

KrazyTheFox wrote:I've committed card stacks for "other" cards. I thoroughly tested it before committing, but there may be some lingering bugs or cases I haven't accounted for. It works for both artifacts and enchantments (and Planeswalkers, if it were possible to have 2+ on your field). I'll be adding the JOU intro decks in a few minutes, too, so those will be available for the release alongside the rest of the set.

Edit: Ran out of time to check out the Android stuff. I've been away from home most of the day and I needed something easier to work on. I have much more time tomorrow and will definitely take a look then.
Though with planeswalkers stacking would be unlikely anyways since they would have to have the same number of loyalty counters.

Speaking of counters, here's an old discussion about how to improve the current counter display:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1516&start=1275
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 25 Apr 2014, 14:03

Looks like the scraper is a little out of date. If we want to hold on till this afternoon for the release I can probably find time during lunch to get it fixed and ran.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby friarsol » 25 Apr 2014, 14:32

Actually, it was just in issue with new unicode characters not replacing properly, not an issue with the script itself. So Oracle is all in, and two cards were renamed as per our standard naming (hyphens get downgraded to underscores)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 25 Apr 2014, 15:19

friarsol wrote:Looks like the scraper is a little out of date. If we want to hold on till this afternoon for the release I can probably find time during lunch to get it fixed and ran.

Looks like I released 1.5.16 without the oracle text.

I will update my local copy and then release 1.6.17 this afternoon instead.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mark » 25 Apr 2014, 15:21

Playing a basic land from the top of the library via Oracle of Mul Daya does not trigger Landfall, e.g. from Grazing Gladehart
mark

Postby nefigah » 26 Apr 2014, 03:58

Hi all,

These (minor) bugs aren't particularly specific to 1.5.16, but this looked like the most applicable thread to report in.

(Background: I'm working on a utility for Forge that others might find helpful; you point it to a .dck file and it finds, copies, and isolates the card scripts and picture files for the cards in that .dck, and provides some functions for operating on them as a batch.)

One of my test runs was on the cards in The Dark expansion, and I noted a couple cards whose descriptions display incorrectly.

• Festival - Lacks whitespace between sentences. getAbilityText() could be modified to put a newline after appending the Text property, or the card's script could explicitly include a newline in that property.
  • Sunken City - Trigger description in script lacks curly braces around the blue mana. (This is probably also something getAbilityText() could easily handle universally.)
  • War Barge - Trigger description appears before the ability that puts the trigger in place, resulting in confusing text. A simple workaround would be to set "Secondary$ True" for the trigger, and appending its description to the activated ability's description.
  • Curse Artifact - Description in card's script explicitly names "Curse Artifact" instead of using CARDNAME placeholder. Not sure if this is kosher or not.
  • Orc General - Description displays "an another". This is due to how the "Sac<1/Foo/bar>" construct is parsed. Best workaround I could come up with for this particular card was to replace "/another Orc or Goblin" with "/Goblin or Orc other than CARDNAME".
  • Psychic Allergy - This suffers from a similar issue as War Barge above.
  • Dance of Many - This suffers from a similar issue as Sunken City above.
  • Newlines; not specific to The Dark - The card script parser appears to interpret the escape sequence "\n" literally, instead of inserting a newline. Even if Windows' "\r\n" is Forge's canonical newline representation, it would probably be best to do a first pass that replaces solitary "\r" and "\n" with "\r\n" in that case.
  • Capitalization; not specific to The Dark - This is the most minor of this list of minor issues, but for the sake of completeness... Certain card script templates produce capitalization different from what Oracle uses. For example, Oracle doesn't seem to treat abilities as proper nouns, and thus only capitalizes them when they appear at the beginning of a sentence or line of text. An easy test case would be to compare the printed/Oracle text of Baneslayer Angel with its Forge text.

Hope that was helpful and not too nitpicky! Thanks for everything you do :)
nefigah

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner