It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:10

Text Size

Xyx's Report

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Xyx's Report

Postby friarsol » 30 Mar 2014, 21:32

I'm going to break down this report for Card related things go here, just so it doesn't fill up the release thread:

For the original message check it out -
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14155#p149440

More info:
Forge asking order for graveyard needs a repro scenario as I request in my signature. I cast an Armageddon when the AI had two lands out and I wasn't asked to order.

Clockwork Avian 0/3, not that I Don't believe you, but it's impossible to hunt down a bug like this.

Refund Payment
- Gilder Bairn remembering previous activation
- Urza's land not knowing how much mana was generated the last time it was activated.
- Cloudpost. Certain cards are marked "undoable" for their mana costs, and this is one of them. The reason is the exact same as the Urza's exploit you posted above. When I repro this scenario and cancel, the mana goes to my mana pool. Maybe not ideal, but the mana doesn't disappear entirely.

More general reports
- Optional triggers that target that do not have costs may be canceled instead of choosing a target
- Some/Many "DamageAll" cards do not have a default Description for what is being damaged. This matters more when you can't read the description of the Spell/Ability to find out what that is.
- Some X Values and Trigger references are not displayed in the Stack Description of Spell/Abilities. Night Soil piles aren't listing the correct info
- Certain UI icons aren't cleared when they should be (Persist, Phantasmagorian canceling, others?)
- May untap cards - I'll add the ID onto the prompt to help, but the detail panel is drawn with card it's referencing in the prompt.
- Some abilities (like Chandra, Pyromaster's +0) don't clear the "Can be played" keyword when entering the Stack allowing them to be abused.
- Some mana abilities (Nykthos, maybe others where the primary ability isn't a Mana API type?) don't trigger TapsForMana, even though it was obviously tapped for mana in a subability.
- All Hallow's Eve shows up just fine with Counters in the Exile zone for me? Maybe hover over a different card, then the Eve to force the DetailPanel to refresh?

Auto issues AKA these are the reason these cards are marked No AI, and since Auto just uses the AI code, they break. I believe all of the cards you listed with having auto payment issues are also marked remove AI. drdev, since you added Auto maybe it should filter out all cards with this tag so "auto" doesn't cheat/break things?

More feature requests then "bugs"
- Certain input dialogs lock out the UI, making it impossible to double check on information during the input to make the correct decision.
- Graveyard ordered "backwards" and with meaningless buttons
- Remove unnecessary choices and duplicated screens sometimes due to card scripting (Exiling 0 of things, showing library twice during a Fetch for two different Valid types)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Xyx's Report

Postby Marek14 » 31 Mar 2014, 05:27

Another thing that should be removed, IMHO: asking if you want to untap a permanent (for example Nettle Sentinel) that is already untapped. Both choices are exactly the same.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 31 Mar 2014, 12:19

Marek14 wrote:Another thing that should be removed, IMHO: asking if you want to untap a permanent (for example Nettle Sentinel) that is already untapped. Both choices are exactly the same.
While you may prefer to remove it, I'm not sure if we can due to code structure. The "optional" part of triggers lives in triggers module, whereas what the card is doing lives in the effects module. I'd much rather spend time fixing bugs and adding new cards than adding look-aheads that can possibly cause more issues. We already have express handling for optional triggers (right click the trigger while it's on the stack and say always accept) that should help a user's experience in this scenario.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby moomarc » 31 Mar 2014, 13:17

I think the question is whether the ability should trigger if it is untapped already. I assume so because there is no condition that the card should be tapped, but perhaps I don't know of some ruling. Otherwise we could just add a condition to the trigger so it won't fire if the triggering card is tapped. But I can imagine that someone might want to interact with it while the trigger is on the stack; for instance Nettle Sentinel is untapped, trigger goes on the stack, use some tap ability granted by an aura or equipment etc, let trigger resolve and you're left with an untapped sentinel. Even more fun to be had when copying the trigger with Strionic Resonator.

Edit: I suppose this isn't actually what Marek was suggesting, so just ignore it.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Marek14 » 01 Apr 2014, 06:28

friarsol wrote:We already have express handling for optional triggers (right click the trigger while it's on the stack and say always accept) that should help a user's experience in this scenario.
Never heard about this before...
Marek14
Tester

Return to Developer's Corner