It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 14:33

Text Size

Journey into Nyx Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Journey into Nyx Spoiler Season

Postby friarsol » 07 Apr 2014, 15:15

Looks like Spoiler Season is upon us. And Swordshine is so on the ball, he's already created a new branch and cleared out the Upcoming Release Wiki page. http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge_Upcoming

Same deal as normal, please update the Wiki with your claimed cards, don't claim too many cards at once. And make sure you test your cards before committing to the Branch. If you don't have commit privileges (and noone has done the card yet), you can post in this topic with the script and one of us will get to it.

Also can someone sticky this thread?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Journey into Nyx Spoiler Season

Postby friarsol » 07 Apr 2014, 15:31

Also here is a quick rundown of the new Mechanics from:

https://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/ ... xmechanics

Constellation - When ~ or enchantment ETB, do something. Very scriptable.

Strive - ~ costs more for each target after the first. Fireball finally has a keyword!
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby timmermac » 07 Apr 2014, 15:48

Stickied thread.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby swordshine » 08 Apr 2014, 10:58

r25370, Strive is implemented.
Code: Select all
S:Mode$ RaiseCost | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Type$ Spell | Amount$ IncreaseCost | References$ IncreaseCost | Color$ 2 W | EffectZone$ All | Description$ Strive - CARDNAME costs {2}{W} more to cast for each target beyond the first.
SVar:IncreaseCost:TargetedObjects$Amount/Minus.1
swordshine

Postby Marek14 » 08 Apr 2014, 12:46

swordshine wrote:r25370, Strive is implemented.
S:Mode$ RaiseCost | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Type$ Spell | Amount$ IncreaseCost | References$ IncreaseCost | Color$ 2 W | EffectZone$ All | Description$ Strive - CARDNAME costs {2}{W} more to cast for each target beyond the first.
SVar:IncreaseCost:TargetedObjects$Amount/Minus.1
Will that code work ok in case no targets are chosen for the spell? Ajani's Presence targets "any number" of creatures, which includes zero.
Marek14
Tester

Postby swordshine » 08 Apr 2014, 13:35

Marek14 wrote:Will that code work ok in case no targets are chosen for the spell? Ajani's Presence targets "any number" of creatures, which includes zero.
If the cost is less than zero, nothing happened, so that script works when there's no targets.
swordshine

Postby Marek14 » 08 Apr 2014, 17:13

swordshine wrote:
Marek14 wrote:Will that code work ok in case no targets are chosen for the spell? Ajani's Presence targets "any number" of creatures, which includes zero.
If the cost is less than zero, nothing happened, so that script works when there's no targets.
OK.
Marek14
Tester

Postby LordHelmchen » 08 Apr 2014, 17:16

Eager to try something, so it triggered my first attempt at scripting a card. Is this ok?
Name:Keranos, God of Storms
ManaCost:2 U R
Types:Legendary Enchantment Creature God
PT:6/5
K:Indestructible
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | RemoveType$ Creature | RemoveCreatureTypes$ True | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ LT7 | References$ X | Description$ As long as your devotion to blue and red is less than seven, CARDNAME isn't a creature.
SVar:X:Count$DevotionDual.U.R
K:Reveal the first card you draw each turn
T:Mode$ Drawn | ValidCard$ Card.Land+YouCtrl | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Number$ 1 | Execute$ TrigDraw | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you reveal a land card this way, draw a card.
SVar:TrigDraw:AB$Draw | Cost$ 0 | NumCards$ 1
T:Mode$ Drawn | ValidCard$ Card.nonLand+YouCtrl | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Number$ 1 | Execute$ TrigDmg | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you reveal a nonland card this way, Keranos deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
SVar:TrigDmg:AB$ DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature,Player | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature or player | NumDmg$ 3
SVar:BuffedBy:Permanent.Blue,Permanent.Red
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/keranos_god_of_storms.jpg
Oracle:Indestructible\nAs long as your devotion to blue and red is less than seven, Keranos isn't a creature.\nReveal the first card you draw on each of your turns. Whenever you reveal a land card this way, draw a card. Whenever you reveal a nonland card this way, Keranos deals 3 damage to target creature or player."
If it is up to standards, I'll mark it done in the wiki.
EDIT: seems to work, wiki edited.
LordHelmchen

Postby Doomlord » 10 Apr 2014, 19:13

LordHelmchen: That script seems to have a slight, subtle mistake.

Keranos is only supposed to reveal the first card you draw on your turn. If you draw cards on an opponent's turn somehow, your script will reveal the first one (and trigger off of it) when it shouldn't.
Doomlord

Postby LordHelmchen » 10 Apr 2014, 23:44

Doomlord wrote:LordHelmchen: That script seems to have a slight, subtle mistake.

Keranos is only supposed to reveal the first card you draw on your turn. If you draw cards on an opponent's turn somehow, your script will reveal the first one (and trigger off of it) when it shouldn't.
Oh my... you're absolutely right...
I looked at Primitive Etchings to see how it should be done and missed the restiction...
Simply tagging a
PlayerTurn$True
restriction onto
does not work, so I'll mark it as incomplete in the wiki and let someone more experienced do it properly. :oops:
LordHelmchen

Postby swordshine » 11 Apr 2014, 01:03

LordHelmchen wrote:Oh my... you're absolutely right...
I looked at Primitive Etchings to see how it should be done and missed the restiction...
Simply tagging a
PlayerTurn$True
restriction onto
does not work, so I'll mark it as incomplete in the wiki and let someone more experienced do it properly. :oops:
I fixed this bug temporarily http://svn.slightlymagic.net/websvn/listing.php?repname=forge&rev=25404 , though I don't think this keyword is the best way to script these three cards.
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 11 Apr 2014, 01:14

swordshine wrote:I fixed this bug temporarily http://svn.slightlymagic.net , though I don't think this keyword is the best way to script these three cards.
I know it's a Continuous Ability, but it feels like a Replacement effect.

Almost like: "If you would draw the first card during your turn, reveal that card and then draw it." It's basically the Zur's Weirding Oracle text without the ability for players to pay life to cancel draws.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby ZzzzSleep » 16 Apr 2014, 12:56

Just a simple one to get the brain back into gear
Golden Hind | Open
Name:Golden Hind
ManaCost:1 G
Types:Creature Elk
PT:2/1
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ G | SpellDescription$ Add {G} to your mana pool.
If I remember correctly, things like the oracle wording and image are added by scripts later on. Please let me know if I should have added either of them.
ZzzzSleep

Postby Marek14 » 17 Apr 2014, 06:45

Just a note of a tricky rules wording on the card Deicide:

Exile target enchantment. If the exiled card is a God card, search its controller's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with the same name as that card and exile them, then that player shuffles his or her library.

Unlike most of cards of this kind (like Splinter), Deicide checks the card's stats AFTER exiling it, not before. This means some of the behaviours are different:

1. If the permanent is not a God, but the card after exiling is, Deicide will get rid of copies (for example, if the God doesn't have enough devotion to be a creature -- this is most likely the reason for the wording). If the card is a God, but NOT an enchantment after exiling (for example a changeling when Enchanted Evening is on the battlefield), Deicide will work regardless.
2. If the permanent is a God on the battlefield, but not in exile, Deicide won't get rid of the copies. Example could be a Clone or Copy Enchantment copying a God.
3. If there is no exiled card, Deicide won't get rid of the copies. Example could be targeting a token copy of God.
4. If you target a God that is changed into a copy of something else (like Erebos changed into Heliod by Polymorphous Rush), Deicide will exile copies of Erebos, not Heliod.

Also allow me to use this space to point out a minor bug with "search and destroy" cards like this. Some cards, like Deicide and Memoricide, use wording "for any number of cards with that name", allowing you to not exile all cards. Some other, like Cranial Extraction, use "for all cards with that name and exile them" and Forge automatically exiles them all.

The problem is that these two wordings actually differ ONLY for searching the graveyard, but when searching hand or library, the player should always have the option to leave some cards, even with "all" wording. That's because hand and library are hidden zones and when searching in hidden zones for a specific kind of card, you're automatically allowed to not find it.

Cards affected should be: Counterbore, Cranial Extraction, Eradicate, Extirpate, Haunting Echoes, Lobotomy, Quash, Scour, Shimian Specter, Sowing Salt, Splinter and Thought Hemorrhage.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 20 Apr 2014, 05:41

Tokens update:

Wizards haven't released official pictures of tokens yet, but we can glean the following:

Old token pictures for new cards:
Revel of the Fallen God should use the same THS Satyr tokens as Xenagos, the Reveler
King Macar, the Gold-Cursed should use the same token as Gild
Launch the Fleet should probably use the "daylight" Soldier token like Elspeth, Sun's Champion and Evangel of Heliod, not the version from Akroan Horse.
Rise of Eagles should use the same token as Aerie Worshippers

New tokens are:
4/4 blue Sphinx with flying for Hour of Need
*/* black Zombie for Ritual of the Returned
2/3 red Minotaur with haste for Flurry of Horns
*/* green Hydra for Hydra Broodmaster
1/3 green enchantment Spider with reach for Renowned Weaver
1/1 black/green enchantment Snake with deathtouch for Pharika, God of Affliction
Marek14
Tester

Next

Return to Developer's Corner