It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:18

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.18

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.18

Postby timmermac » 12 May 2014, 20:07

Is releasing betas/snapshots something I could be doing as a moderator? I'm usually on the forums, so it's not like I'm not available for it.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby friarsol » 12 May 2014, 21:08

KrazyTheFox wrote:I could build and deploy the project if I had the login details to do so, however I don't and Chris hasn't logged in in a week. If anyone's interested in snapshot builds, at least, I got the whole thing working on a Linux virtual machine that handles OSX and Windows/Linux builds.
I'll send a note to Rob and Moomarc, see if I can get the ftp info. I'd gladly host dailies and full releases on my site again until we get back up to full release mode on cardforge.org.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drdev » 13 May 2014, 01:15

I'd like ftp access as well as I've mentioned previously, though I'd prefer to only manage releasing the android app. That said, if I have ftp access, I can always be a backup for pushing out a release.
Last edited by drdev on 13 May 2014, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 13 May 2014, 02:36

Tough choice timmermac and friarsol.... Both on the board for nearly the same time... somehow timmermac got mod status... friarsol's a "Programmer"...
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 13 May 2014, 21:44

The FiOS tech showed up today and I now have internet/phone/TV sevice in my new home.

I still have a large number of boxes to unpack and pictures to hang on the walls. There are a few housing fixes that need to be made before I am fully settled in.

At some point I will be able to be more fully involved in the project.

@KrazyTheFox: did you get the password/username combo from Rob Cashwalker? It would be nice if we had someone who is able to release both the mac and windows archives at the same time.

@timmermac: Releasing the betas/snapshot builds require a dev system to be installed on your computer.

@friarsol: Sol may not be set up to release the mac archives but having someone who can do windows build and deploy would be acceptable.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 13 May 2014, 21:44

drdev wrote:I'd like ftp access as well as I've mentioned previously, though I'd prefer to only manage releasing the android app. That said, if I have ftp access, I can always be a backup for pushing out a release.

Sounds good to me.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 13 May 2014, 22:48

Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 14 May 2014, 17:48

Chris H. wrote:@KrazyTheFox: did you get the password/username combo from Rob Cashwalker? It would be nice if we had someone who is able to release both the mac and windows archives at the same time.
I haven't received anything yet.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby correioalternativo » 16 May 2014, 01:03

correioalternativo

Postby enterrrr » 21 May 2014, 12:24

I've downloaded that snapshot 1.5.18 0519 for PC. But it does not run, just stops at the loading picture. Can you fix it? Thx!!
enterrrr

Postby friarsol » 21 May 2014, 16:43

Any possibility we can get an official release out on Friday?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 21 May 2014, 17:19

friarsol wrote:Any possibility we can get an official release out on Friday?

I have not yet been able to assemble my complete computer system.

I can execute the snapshot build and deploy goal while booted into the Mavericks OS located on the interior hard drive.

I can only execute the beta build and deploy goal while booted into my exterior USB hard drive. This drive uses an older OS version.

The wall shelving for computer/den room will be installed on May 27 and I may be able to unpack and assemble the rest of my computer system by the 30th.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 21 May 2014, 21:58

Chris H. wrote:
friarsol wrote:Any possibility we can get an official release out on Friday?

I have not yet been able to assemble my complete computer system.

I can execute the snapshot build and deploy goal while booted into the Mavericks OS located on the interior hard drive.

I can only execute the beta build and deploy goal while booted into my exterior USB hard drive. This drive uses an older OS version.

The wall shelving for computer/den room will be installed on May 27 and I may be able to unpack and assemble the rest of my computer system by the 30th.
I could do it if y'all would like; it'd be good to try it out. I don't have the ability to create a stickied forum topic, but I could deploy the builds to include in one.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 21 May 2014, 23:08

I'd be down for that Krazy. At least that way we can have an official release, and see how things go, and Chris doesn't have to worry about trying to get everything in order before he's ready. There are a few people who can sticky the post once it's up, so that isn't a big deal.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby moomarc » 23 May 2014, 11:53

KrazyTheFox wrote:
friarsol wrote:>999 should be adequate instead of accurate values. (Especially since those values are still available from the CardDetailPanel.)
Good point. I've got a better idea, though. Anything >= 1000 will become something like "1k", "50k", "125m", "2b". That way you still get a general idea of the number of counters without taking up too much space.

mastroego wrote:If you'll forgive my intrusion in the dev area (I like to see what's in the works), I'd suggest to avoid mana colors.
I'm not sure I'll be able to avoid mana colors. The problem with using something like orange to signify +1/+1 counters is that red/orange are "warning" colors—people perceive them as being "problematic". I'd like counters that I (probably) don't want on my things to be clearly marked as such. Blue and green are more "everything's good" colors. The counters should also be easily distinguishable. If I have two things that are orange-ish in color, then when only one of them is on a permanent I control, it'll be harder to identify which one it is.

My current thinking is the following:
  • White for Loyalty
  • Yellow/Gold for Charges
  • Green for + counters
  • Red for - counters
  • Purple for miscellaneous counters.

Since the counters already in the game are of a lower resolution than I'd like, I've gone ahead and made new ones that I have more control over. Since white is a neutral color that's easily converted to more colors, I made that one first:
The attachment bead1.jpg is no longer available

The attachment bead2.jpg is no longer available

It's slightly transparent so you can see a little of the card underneath still, unlike the current counters. This would be the maximum size for the counters—it's easier to scale down than up. Let me know if there's anything you'd like changed.
I haven't read through the whole thread yet, just busy catching up after being out the loop due to a family emergency, but if it's any help, I'm attaching the original renders I made for the counters from my 3d files.
Attachments
MtG-Counters1.png
MtG-Counters2.png
MtG-Counters3.png
MtG-CountersMulti.png
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner