It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:08

Text Size

Quest Mode Drafting

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest Mode Drafting

Postby Agetian » 05 Sep 2014, 04:32

As a little suggestion (coming from a person who played dozens and dozens of quest draft tournaments by now and found it excessively fun! :)), would it be possible to add an option to skip an AI vs. AI match altogether and get the results if the player so desires? Watching some AI vs. AI matches can be really fun and important to get the idea of the opposing decks, but sometimes, especially for "longer" matches that end in long stalemates and decking, it might be good to just skip the match altogether and get straight to the results (10x speed doesn't always help in case a lot of cards are on the battlefield if the computer is old enough). Just an idea. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: Quest Mode Drafting

Postby KrazyTheFox » 05 Sep 2014, 12:05

Agetian wrote:As a little suggestion (coming from a person who played dozens and dozens of quest draft tournaments by now and found it excessively fun! :)), would it be possible to add an option to skip an AI vs. AI match altogether and get the results if the player so desires? Watching some AI vs. AI matches can be really fun and important to get the idea of the opposing decks, but sometimes, especially for "longer" matches that end in long stalemates and decking, it might be good to just skip the match altogether and get straight to the results (10x speed doesn't always help in case a lot of cards are on the battlefield if the computer is old enough). Just an idea. :)

- Agetian
The original intent was to not show the AI matches at all, however the gui code was way too tied into the game code to run a game silently the background. Perhaps the gui refactoring might make a difference and I can implement it the way I originally wanted.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Re: Quest Mode Drafting6

Postby Agetian » 05 Sep 2014, 12:29

Ok thanks! Also, I think it's best to leave the ability to watch ai matches but just make it optional, sometimes it's great to see the competition and adjust the deck accordingly. :)
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 05 Sep 2014, 13:12

Agetian wrote:Sometimes it's great to see the competition and adjust the deck accordingly. :)
That's exactly what I was avoiding :P

I can add an option if it becomes possible, but will probably make it default off.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 05 Sep 2014, 13:32

KrazyTheFox wrote:
Agetian wrote:Sometimes it's great to see the competition and adjust the deck accordingly. :)
That's exactly what I was avoiding :P
I can add an option if it becomes possible, but will probably make it default off.
Hehe yeah, good call! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner