It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:52

Text Size

Updating oracle texts

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Updating oracle texts

Postby elcnesh » 11 Jun 2014, 12:37

I noticed that some cards whose oracle text changed recently (ie. O-Naginata) do not have up-to-date oracle texts, because the script only adds them to cards which don't have oracle text at all (it doesn't update). So I changed that and ran the script, and *poof* 8000 files changed! The problem: the line endings on the card files are completely messed up, some use \r\n, some only \n, some are even mixed (!). Also some cards have a trailing newline, while others don't.

What's the desirable convention for line endings, \r\n or \n? (If there's one at all, that is...) And do we want trailing newlines? I'm thinking about straightening this out before updating the oracle texts, so that we can actually see which cards have updated texts. They might also be in need of updating the text of their abilities.
elcnesh

Re: Updating oracle texts

Postby swordshine » 13 Jun 2014, 14:28

The descriptions of card's abilities are more important because they are shown in the Card Detail panel. I wonder if there is a convenient way to replace old texts in abilities.
swordshine

Re: Updating oracle texts

Postby elcnesh » 14 Jun 2014, 15:54

I guess that'd be difficult, as most of them are only parts of the full abilities on the cards. Luckily, only a few cards change oracle texts each update, so it won't be too much of a hassle to update them.
elcnesh

Return to Developer's Corner