It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:36

Text Size

alter graft default behavior?

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

alter graft default behavior?

Postby yetanotheruser » 03 Jul 2014, 21:15

Is there any way you could flip the default behavior of graft to not move a counter rather than move one, it's far too easy to accidentally place counters. It seems to me I should slow down and be intentional when I want to move a counter, not have to slow down and be more intentional every time other than when I want to move a counter. This is most annoying when trying to keep something like a cytoplast manipulator in an extended game, where there's one moment of convenience and the rest of the game of making sure I don't miss the trigger on a single creature entering the battlefield.

Alternatively, is there anything that I should I start looking at to hack that change into my local client. I'd be happy enough with that, but I don't even know where to start.

Edit: Sorry about making this post, I didn't know about the ability to right click graft triggers and select always no, but now have stumbled onto it. I did a bit of googling before posting, I just wasn't using the right terms to find that feature.
yetanotheruser

Re: alter graft default behavior?

Postby rikimbo » 04 Jul 2014, 12:42

That's happened to me so many times with graft. I always try to finish the game quickly (or hide the evidence by killing the creature with the +1/+1 counter) because I'm embarrassed, even though I'm fighting an AI and there's usually no one watching. >.<

I had no idea about that feature! So thanks for that. :)
rikimbo

Re: alter graft default behavior?

Postby lujo » 15 Oct 2014, 20:32

This is still a problem, and yielding "always no" - what about times you want to move the counters, because it's your creature coming in?

The Aquastrand Spider into Scab-Clan Mauler is an incredibly common opening* in DIS/GPT/RAV draft, and there you really want to move the counter to make the Mauler immune to several things (or you want to move the counter to Silhana Ledge Walker or Skargan Pit-Skulk etc.). But if you accidentally move the counter to an opposing creature it's a bit of a disaster (and happens easily as there's three or 4 different things going on).

It's the exact same thing with dredge where if you hit space through your draw step as you would under most other circumstances you end up dredging instead of not (which in most circumstances you don't want to do).

Also, convoke doesn't seem to be discounting colored mana costs.

(*wouldn't be if the drafting AI for RAV wasn't a joke and let you basically draft a Standard Gruul deck every time, but since it is and it does, that's a very common opening)
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Return to Developer's Corner