It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:27

Text Size

Achivement discussion

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Achivement discussion

Postby Agetian » 10 May 2015, 15:57

I committed these two achievements, I like the descriptions, but if anyone has a better idea feel free to tweak. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 11 May 2015, 06:18

Well, my suggestions would be:

Narset's One Simple Rule
"No spells for you!"

Sarkhan's Dragonstorm
"Skies full of dragons! Oh, what a glorious day!"
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 11 May 2015, 08:31

@ Marek14: I really like your ideas! However, "Narset's One Simple Rule" is too long to fit in the box, I went for "Narset's Simple Rule" instead.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 12 May 2015, 07:09

Agetian wrote:@ Marek14: I really like your ideas! However, "Narset's One Simple Rule" is too long to fit in the box, I went for "Narset's Simple Rule" instead.

- Agetian
No, if you need to make it shorter, then "Narset's One Rule" would be better, I think.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 12 May 2015, 14:05

Marek14 wrote:
Agetian wrote:@ Marek14: I really like your ideas! However, "Narset's One Simple Rule" is too long to fit in the box, I went for "Narset's Simple Rule" instead.

- Agetian
No, if you need to make it shorter, then "Narset's One Rule" would be better, I think.
Ok, changed it to one rule. :) Thanks!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 17 May 2015, 15:26

Anyone have a completely up-to-date version of the achievements images collection I can upload to the new site?
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 17 May 2015, 17:05

I have a set which includes every single achievement picture to date, but some of the latter ones (e.g. C14 and DTK planeswalkers) are self-made quickly rigged rectangular ones that I made myself just so that they're not "empty", you know. I can send you the package that I have though, feel free to use it (if you'd like to do it, please PM me your e-mail, I'll send you the pics ASAP).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 17 May 2015, 17:50

Agetian wrote:I have a set which includes every single achievement picture to date, but some of the latter ones (e.g. C14 and DTK planeswalkers) are self-made quickly rigged rectangular ones that I made myself just so that they're not "empty", you know. I can send you the package that I have though, feel free to use it (if you'd like to do it, please PM me your e-mail, I'll send you the pics ASAP).

- Agetian
PM Sent
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby fmartel » 23 May 2015, 18:57

Hello all, my question is this :
for a win turn 0 I copied a deck found on the net. There's something that is not happening with the following conditions (not creating an error or nothing)
when playing "Gemstone Caverns" I exile either this : "Elvish Spirit Guide" or "Simian Spirit Guide" to play "Flash". but when I' exiling either one I got no mana from them. Why ?

Thank you for your concern
fmartel

Postby Agetian » 26 May 2015, 10:51

fmartel wrote:Hello all, my question is this :
for a win turn 0 I copied a deck found on the net. There's something that is not happening with the following conditions (not creating an error or nothing)
when playing "Gemstone Caverns" I exile either this : "Elvish Spirit Guide" or "Simian Spirit Guide" to play "Flash". but when I' exiling either one I got no mana from them. Why ?

Thank you for your concern
I may be wrong (not sure how these turn 0 decks work, to be honest) but it looks like the abilities on Elvish Spirit Guide and Simian Spirit Guide are mana abilities which you have to activate (and pay their activation cost, which is exiling them) for them to do what they're meant to do, just exiling them to Gemstone Caverns is probably not going to do it. I may be wrong though, I think we need a rules expert to confirm or deny this. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 26 May 2015, 20:54

Agetian wrote:just exiling them to Gemstone Caverns is probably not going to do it. I may be wrong though, I think we need a rules expert to confirm or deny this. :)
That's exactly right, if you want to do this, you can't exile the Spirit Guides, for the Gemstone trigger, as they won't be in your hand to Exile for mana. It's the difference between "When ~ is exiled, gain {1}." and "Exile ~: Gain {1}."
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby fmartel » 27 May 2015, 16:49

friarsol wrote:
Agetian wrote:just exiling them to Gemstone Caverns is probably not going to do it. I may be wrong though, I think we need a rules expert to confirm or deny this. :)
That's exactly right, if you want to do this, you can't exile the Spirit Guides, for the Gemstone trigger, as they won't be in your hand to Exile for mana. It's the difference between "When ~ is exiled, gain {1}." and "Exile ~: Gain {1}."
Thank you for this precision.
Everywhere I look on the net, the turn 0 deck is the same, with some variant. But they still go with Gemstone Cavern, x spirit guide, flash and Hulk...

Is there a real way to make it work ?

Have a nice day
fmartel

Postby Agetian » 27 May 2015, 17:08

I think that "winning in turn 0" basically means "winning before the opponent's first main phase" or "winning in the opponent's first upkeep phase while being on the draw", or something along those lines. Therefore, you should be able to complete the win conditions by just proceeding with activating the Spirit Guide mana ability by exiling it *after* putting Gemstone Caverns into play (and exiling another card to it, I presume). Then again, like I said, I haven't looked into turn 0 wins myself so I'm not particularly sure.

P.S. When trying this out, make sure you have a phase stop set in the opponent's Upkeep phase, it may be critical that you perform all the actions in that particular phase (or at least before the opponent's Main phase :)).
Good luck! Let us know how it goes for you! ;)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby fmartel » 27 May 2015, 17:35

Thank you for the reply. I think I should have precised that I exile them from my hand...

As the mechanic goes they say : before the upkeep of oponent, put Gemstone in play, exile * spirit guide for mana (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=184542) tap gemstone for 1 u mana, cast flash, pick Hulk, burry it, search for Disciple of the Vault, Shifting Wall and Phyrexian Marauder. Put the disciple in play, sacrificing the Wall and Marauder for 32 dmg.

That's the whole concept and mechanic of the deck...

Thank you again.
fmartel

Postby Agetian » 27 May 2015, 17:49

Hmm I'm not sure then, to be honest... Dan originally implemented the achievement (drdev on this board), you can try asking him if this particular deck mechanic works with the Win by Turn 0 achievement in Forge or not...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner