It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:07

Text Size

Continuous Integration - Daily Windows/Linux Snaphots

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Continuous Integration - Daily Windows/Linux Snaphots

Postby KrazyTheFox » 12 Sep 2014, 01:50

My latest project—a short detour from more interesting Forge development—is a continuous integration server. I've set this up on my own machine (until I get another couple of cat6 cables since I've run out—I may miss a day here and there if I forget to leave my machine on, but I'll look into automatic booting) and it's scheduled to do a snapshot build of whatever's the most recent commit at 9:15AM on the US East Coast every day, then upload the build to my server. Unfortunately I don't own an OSX machine and can't build proper snapshots, so I won't be uploading them to cardforge, and last I tried I still couldn't do a proper release without getting my connection booted.

You can grab the daily snapshots here: http://www.krazyweb.net/forge/
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Re: Continuous Integration - Daily Windows/Linux Snaphots

Postby Chris H. » 13 Sep 2014, 01:45

Mac people can download the Windows and Linux SNAPSHOT archive and after decompressing the archive they can launch forge by double-clicking on the file named:

forge.command
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 13 Sep 2014, 17:44

Since it doesn't seem to be taxing my computer at all and since I'm also not doing anything performance heavy at the moment, I've switched the triggers for builds to be for each new commit to the trunk. It'll wait a few minutes so it can grab any rapid fixes or files that were forgotten in a commit, then it'll push a new build to my server.

You can then grab the link off the index above and use that to give people fixes. I do turn my computer off at night, so this generally won't work from around 11PM EDT to 8AM EDT until I get a dedicated server set up within the next couple of weeks.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 17 Sep 2014, 22:16

New Cat6 cable just arrived. I should have a much better and always-on CI server set up by the end of the week. Since it's on a different machine this time, I'll be able to schedule jobs to clean out the FTP server and the artifacts folder every so often to keep the size down (will redirect to the index for old links).
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner